• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Exactly Does the Triforce of Courage Bestow?

So as we all know, Link holds the Triforce of courage. But exactly what does this give him?
Does it give him extra endurance?So for example he can trek up Snowpeak Mountain without getting cold?

Does it it literally give him Courage so he never fears in the face of Danger?

Or perhaps does it give him Mastery over all weapons, because he's instantly great at using them as soon as he receives it?

So please share your thoughts

F

Flare24

It probably gives him the power to protect and the courage to face any and all dangers.....admit it you couldn't fight Ganondorf without some high level of courage.

G

Green

I always thought it gave him stamina. In a lot of games, Link's health will go up while hes gathering up triforce or figuring out what his destiny is.

The only actual power Link has gained from the Triforce of Courage, as far as I know, is to not turn into a shadow when inside Twilight, he becomes a wolf instead. I don't think that the piece itself is supposed to do a lot, I think that it is more like a safety measure to prevent someone with an unbalanced heart to master the True Force.

(The Triforce of Power did at least save Ganondorf's life in the same game.)

/Blue Window

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
I always assumed it implied that he had earned the so called "Hero's Spirit" and the courage to be called the Hero.

I would say the entire Triforce gives strength, more strength than the T of Power/Wisdom/Courage. Think back to OoT right before the Ganondorf Battle. He claims that once he collects Courage and Wisdom, he will be all powerful.

I believe that this strength comes from all three elements, yet, for example, the Triforce of Wisdom would give more wisdom than courage or power.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I think it's more of a symbol than a reward or special item because after everything link goes through, he earns it. It's more of a spiritual thing when you think about it.

I don't think it actually gives a person courage. In WW Link is shown to collect the triforce himself after already facing his trials and proving without out doubt that he has earned the title of the Hero. It's a stamp of honour rather the the source of it. I rather like to think of it more like a protection like in TP. It puts you on level ground with the wielders of the other parts of the triforce (somewhat).

I subscribe to the above. However, I might add... I believe the Triforce enhances a given quality of the wielder; in Link's case, courage...or something along those lines.

In bold: I have also pondered this. Perhaps each attribute of the Triforce - Power, Wisdom, and Courage - balances each other out. For example, it takes courage to use power, and it takes wisdom to wield power, and so on; it's like a cycle of essences and energy. Not an excellent example [noparse]:P[/noparse], but it sums up my point. Moreover, I surmise that such qualities [each individual attribute] are then transferred over to the respective wielders. This could be an intricate design of fate and destiny, as a direct result of divine intervention by the Golden Goddesses and/or Hylia. Link is simply a part of the triad of balance, and the Triforce of Courage is a mark of fate. It must exist as a part of the design of fate to maintain the balance. This might also [indirectly?] tie in to the Curse of Demise...somehow. I hope this makes sense...

A

averon

Hmmm. I've always wondered this. The only thing that stands out to me is how it was necessary to combine the Triforce of Courage with Power and Wisdom in order to wake Prince Zelda I from her eternal sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom