• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think It Would Be Like if the Zelda Series Never Existed?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
If it never exsisted on the first place, we would fell no sorrow, because we wouldn't have lost anything, because we wouldn't of heard about Zelda because it doesn't exsist. If they just stoped making the games, I would be very depressed, I would probably have to be treated for depression. I love everything about Zelda even Tingle (no homo), Zelda is such a big part of my life... I have no idea what I would do if there was no more Zelda...

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
Well, adding to the changed video game scenario, the music in video games would suck, if any at all. Zelda has and still is challenging other video games to have top level music. I don't feel required to list examples, you all know what I mean ;)

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
Cars would crash into each other, buildings would randomly catch fire, and people would explode without any reason at all. So yeah, it would be pretty bad...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, my childhood would've been extremely dull, I might've grown up to be a killer or something. Really, the Zelda series showed me a way to do things without being so violent. So, No Zelda means more violence, at least to me.

amaterasu

Writer
If Zelda didn't exist I wouldn't have as many friends as I do, and I would probably have a life to get friends who weren't video game freaks like me.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
We'd still have the basic foundation of videogames (which Pong is more likely to be). But honestly, Zelda is like a Citizen Kane for videogames: It didn't invent the medium or anything like that, but it showed that games could be much more than just moving a random figure through the screen. Also, there's the key feature to any deep single-player expirience: saving.

Seriously, try to imagine playing ANY RPG/action-adventure/platformer/any genre knowing that the moment you turn off the machine, everything you did will be erased. It's such a simple feature, but it was groundbreaking at the time. That along with using weapons or tools you found in unexpected ways made it unique and far more ambitious than any of the abundant side scrollers or arcade style games at the time.

Other than that, there wouldn't be much of a difference.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Nintendo probably would have made Mario 64 the new 3-D game and I would try to collect all the american released Mario games and not Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom