• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Do Before You Fall Asleep?

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Before I fall asleep I am on here for awhile, chatting with whomever or just browsing about, and then when I think it's time to call it a night I log out and then that's it--often come here on Wii U at night, and since I just need to use the gamepad I'm usually already in bed, as such I place the gamepad in it's charging stand and am out for the night.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well I hate to admit it. Every night before bed, aside from reciting some nightly prayers in case I don't wake up the next day, I think of this extremely weird fantasy thing wherein I'm married to a video game character, have five kids (four blood children and one foster), an amazing job and really just have life set for me. It's odd in that everything which goes in the fantasy-daydream thing is the complete opposite of what actually happens in real life; I'd say my life in the daydream is at total peace whereas me myself IRL am constantly looking out for danger and what not.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I usually keep two websites minimized on my iPad: ZD and YouTube. After many an hour spent browsing, I pop in the headphones and fall asleep listening to some relaxing melodies.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
I am usually on the computer or reading for awhile, then I FINALLY go get ready for bed and then I lay there, praying and thanking God for everything. Then my mind wanders to my day and such. Then I fall asleep! :)

usually I lay down and close my eyes. While I'm waiting to drift off to sleep, my mind will make up some story. Its something I've done for as far back as I can remember. It helps me sleep easier, and fall asleep faster. When I finally drift into la la land, my mind dreams anything it wants to. A lot of the times, its things I've seen or I want. A lot of the times its repeats.. I've had plenty of dreams more than once :/

I have this reoccurring dream that I've had since about age 5. I'm riding a black and white horse in a round pen and after going around it a few times, this big bottomless pit opens up in the ground. Unable to stop, the horse and I fall into it... That's usually where the dream changes. But its the same every time.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Try to hold myself still and just stare. Otherwise I stay up thinking all night, or get restless.

I believe being unable to fall asleep or get up is because of Newton's law of inertia.

Something Like... a body at rest tends to stay at rest and a body in motion tends to stay in motion...

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Usually I'm on ZD up until I go to bed where I may read a book and then close my eyes and fall asleep. Other times I will be playing a video game or watching a movie prior to going to bed but usually I'm on ZD before bed.

I have a very set ritual that I am halfway through now. It's funny that I find this now, when I just decided on what actions I subconsciously repeat each night:

1)After dinner, isolate myself from all living things on my computer. Maybe get some homework done.
2) At around 9:30, check for stalkers.
3)After Mom comes home from rehearsal, come back to ZD at peace
4) At about 10, consider going to bed.
5) At 10:30, I turn out all the lights but the one in my room and urinate a final time.
6)Check ZD and WMB for any last interesting posts. Blog. Log out.(<-where I am now)
7)Take off my glasses and sometimes over-shirt, since I wear two shirts in the winter. Look at the darn avy.
8) Climb up the ladder and lie awake thinking about life, dreaming about meeting various ZD peeps usually under fantastic and extreme circumstances, and fall into a deep sleep until about 5.

Every night, I do the same thing. Every night. In this order, without skipping a step. It's odd, but hey. You want an oddball? Here's my card.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Check off anything productive that was done and consider how that affects my plans for the next day. I usually then wake up thinking about my to do list.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I usually think about stuff.... could be anything from what I did that day, to what things would be like if I was born as a cow.
Though, most of the time (is daydream the right word?) I imagine things... I imagine/daydream about all sorts of things- in hopes I dream about them...
usually it involves Fantasy and Dragons and similar things... and sometimes yaoi, or something.

But, I sometimes feel like listening to music before I sleep.

And, other times, I surf the net on my Kindle Fire. Or I play Klondike on it. Anything to get me feeling more sleepy.
Sometimes, I even play Pokemon, because I know from experience that you CAN NOT play that game when you're tired.
If I try playing drowsy(DROWZEE- GET IT!?), I will always start nodding off in the middle of a battle.... that's when I save and shut down. Then crash in bed.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I usually talk to my brother for I don't know how long, then I count how many hours of sleep I can get if I were to fall asleep at that very moment.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
Before I sleep I'll listen to music and close my eyes and dream about stuff.. when i nstart to get sleepy i'll take of the headphones and keep dreaming till i eventually fall asleep..

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I pretty much always read before bed, either on my computer or my Kindle and mostly fanfiction. I go to bed when I feel close to tired, and then I read until I am proper tired so that I can fall asleep quickly :) I have sometimes ended the day by watching a couple of fanvids right before bed, but most often I'm reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom