• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Could Possibly Ruin Skyward Sword?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There are threads bustling about the things SS could do new, how great it will be, the lavishness of the orchestrated music and other things along those lines. Well, have we taken the time to think about the negative things the new Zelda title could bring? Let's take the time to discuss that, shall we?
I for one think that if Nintendo overemphasizes the 1:1 swordplay, they will easily overlook other items and the game could very well turn into a slashfest. Zelda games aren't known for too much of the sword or too much of the items, so I don't see why Nintendo would mess up with that, but it's still possible.

Another thing that could break SS is having the game short. I remember Aonuma saying that the dev team was going to take the criticism from previous titles and fix them with SS. The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were both artificially long: TWW with the various meaningless treasures scattered about, and TP with the rather obscure heart piece and Golden bug locations. The thing they'd naturally do is make the fetch quests easier to complete, but that could also make the game a bit too short. That's all I have for now, what are your thoughts?

Notice: I'm not hating on SS. I want the game still and it'll likely be up there with OoT and MM anyway. It really isn't likely for Nintendo to screw up with a big title like this, but it the possibility is still there. Why not reflect on it?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Hmm, I think that if the storyline is too plain, then that would also ruin Skyward Sword. We've been promised a refreshing new gameplay style and all, but so far, what we've heard about the storyline is a little overused. Link was raised in Skyloft, not knowing about the world below. One day a series of events causes him to travel to that world, and apparently he has to find an important friend.

It sounds like Majora's Mask (the unknown world is Termina, and his who his friend was had never actually been confirmed, but he was looking for someone). Actually, a few other Zelda games use this concept of "Link starts his journey after his friends are taken away or hurt" kind of thing. In The Wind Waker, Aryll was taken by the Helmaroc King. In Twilight Princess, the village's children were kidnapped by the Bulblins. In Phantom Hourglass, Tetra was taken by the Ghost Ship. In Spirit Tracks, Zelda (well, her body) was taken by Byrne and Cole.

I doubt that they will really feature a dull storyline (it's a big title, after all), but I would hate it if Skyward Sword really used the storyline that we were given before, and nothing more!

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
What I think would really ruin the game is if there's no side-quest at all, i mean almost all the zelda games have had side-quest for heart-peices(on the ds games it was a full heart container)in the minish cap there were the kinstones, i wouldn't mind seeing the kinstones again, but i don't think the minish would fit in the story-line, and i agree with "EternalNocturne" i really hope they don't re-use the same story line over and over again, it get boring after a while, bt skyward sword does look promising, although, they haven't re-leased to the public what zelda looks like, and they haven't introduced any other characters, and what i want to know is that, if this is before
Ocarina of Time, why is there electric enemys, and why is link wearing the hero's clothes from Twilight Princess?

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
they didn't say that they were gonna make it shorter, VanitasXII just hopes they don't like deleting side-quests and what-not

I doubt we'll have to worry about them ruining this SS. The word ruin connotes complete disaster, which a true Zelda game has never been, so yeah.

To the point, however, I think that if they try to tie some lose ends, that it could potentially screw up the game quite a bit. If they tie together some series elements and they aren't what much of the fan base wants or desires, it could really put a dent in the game's expected potential. Just in case you didn't know, by lose ends, I mean things pertaining to the timeline, as it seems the Zelda team has been working on since Wind Waker. (Just saying)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I doubt he was talking about the "fetch quests" when he was saying that Twilight Princess, it is more likely that his comment was reffering to physical places being empty. There was a lot to do in Twilight Princess, but the overworld was, maybe, too expansive. I believe that there is a good chance that there might be even more content than in the previous console Zelda game, but it would be held in a smaller physical area...

Things that could ruin the game, I don't think anything can. Nintendo has put so much time and effort into this new game, I doubt they would make any silly mistakes. I think that overall, this game has a good chance of being much better than Twilight Princess, as Nintendo has stated that that game is there base for Skyward Sword, so I think there is much room for improvement.

We will see plenty at E3, wich begans in only 3 days, 23 hours and 45 minutes, and 20 seconds.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
If no 1 has said this already.

Confusing dungeons navigationally such as the Water Temple in OoT and Arbiter's Grounds in TP at least for me they were.

i think a horrible story and boring gameplay would ruin skyward sword. now i know the gameplay will be fun because of the motion controls. so i am more worried about the story.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Ganondorf, definetly he needs to take a five year break before i play a game with him again!

It's confirmed he's not in the game.

Skyward Sword won't be ruined, IT'S THE BEST ZELDA GAME EVARRR HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE!!!!!!

There isn't much, if not anything, to be worried about. The story is about the creation of the Master Sword and the Royal Family, the graphics are a delightful 3D homage to early Zelda graphics, the gameplay is both innovative and accessible, the music is wonderful, the characters seem likable etc. etc. I can safely say the hype for this game is genuine and justified, unlike TP where its hype came from Wind Waker hate.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My only concern is length Wind waker was far too short. Twilight princess was a good length but I hope this time for something a little longer and with more content.

Ganondorf, definetly he needs to take a five year break before i play a game with him again!
He has had a 6 year break. When zelda wii u comes out he will probably have had a 9 year break at least

Putting in Ganondorf as a kid.
I'm positive they will not do that, but that is a terrifying thought and would completely ruin the character. There are some people who you just can't imagine as children and Ganondorf for me is one of those guys.

and what i want to know is that, if this is before
Ocarina of Time, why is there electric enemys, and why is link wearing the hero's clothes from Twilight Princess?
I imagine because everything like that is destroyed at the end when allot of the floating lands are blown up by Ghirahim or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom