• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Could Possibly Ruin Skyward Sword?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ghirahim + Explosives = OH NOES!

I agree about the TWW < TP hype, it was just a dumb push for realistic graphics and I'm surprised that many game reviewers said that OoT's time was up because TP came out. Don't get me wrong, when I first saw the trailers I was thinking "OMG, HD OOT?!", but I soon realized that the wolf Link aspect would kill the game. Still, whenever Toonami gave out their 9.5/10 review, I was crazily in love with TP until I beat it. xD

I also agree about putting Ganondork in as a child. Especially if he is helpless, I know he's a child and all but even Link could go on trying adventures and make it out!

First of all,
skyward sword is confirmed to be very long, and the story is going to be refreshing itself with knight quests and flying on a birdy :D

L

linkfan

Ganondorf would probably ruin SS, so I'm glad that he's not in it

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I'm just mainly concerned with storyline. If that's terrible, I'm going to be an angry elf! I also hope the game isn't too childish, and I'm not talking about the graphics. I mean Twilight Princess is probably my favorite Zelda game, because it had a good story, and it was mature. After beating TP for the first time, I went back and played WW again. And although I love Wind Waker with all my heart, I felt like a soldier who just returned from Iraq, walking into a kindergarten... Do you kinda get what I'm saying? I just want SwS to have a more serious tone to it, like TP, rather than the mellow/joyful feel of WW.

I'm just mainly concerned with storyline. If that's terrible, I'm going to be an angry elf! I also hope the game isn't too childish, and I'm not talking about the graphics. I mean Twilight Princess is probably my favorite Zelda game, because it had a good story, and it was mature. After beating TP for the first time, I went back and played WW again. And although I love Wind Waker with all my heart, I felt like a soldier who just returned from Iraq, walking into a kindergarten... Do you kinda get what I'm saying? I just want SwS to have a more serious tone to it, like TP, rather than the mellow/joyful feel of WW.

Have you seen the Ghirahim cutscene? It seems to be even more 'mature' than TP.

MightyGhirahim

WORSHIP ME!!!
SS's graphics will let the game be mature, yet childish at the same time. That's what I'm going to like, the beginning of the game could be all happy, and then as the game goes on it could get darker and darker. Until it as dark as TP, lets just hope :)

If the game tries to connect to other games to much, it will lose its unique identity, I dont mind minor refferences or eluding to other games but if they try to hard to make this a prequal in the star wars sense.....bah!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That's true agoraphobia. We don't want our SS to lose it's identity! : D

TP wasn't that serious in my opinion. It had adult undertones in Midna being a (censored) and Zant being a crazed person, but overall it still felt like a kid's game rather than "Teen" or Adult.

Since when does happy = kid's game? That's like a stereotypical story with no essence. Lighthearted and serious moments are to not only have their own identities in a story, but must also meld together at some points to great effect. There must also be a smooth transition between the two extremes. Majora's Mask had its share of these "bittersweet" moments, as did Twilight Princess; hopefully Skyward Sword will, as well.

We can't forget the "grey area", people. :yes: (Light) Lighthearted.........‖GREY AREA‖.........Serious(Dark/Mature)

Last edited by a moderator:
TP wasn't that serious, to be honest.

Oh no, I think it was VERY serious... Just to serious for its plot. I mean, if you break it down, OOT and WW had just as deep plots. And I sorta agree with Wolf sage, happy doesn't mean a kids game, it could be happy, with bittersweet moments.

Anywho, what a very possible thing is to happen, is that its just not gonna be nearly as good as its hyped up to be. I mean, Miyamoto said its gonna trump OOT, but how do we know if he's right? Its just his a few others who played through the games opinoun. That's just a possibility, and I don't think its true, I just hope I'm right and it will be better then OOT.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I hope that it can be better than OoT - by reviews. That's the reason why OoT 'is' the best Zelda game and best game ever: no other Zelda game or game in general has managed to get a perfect score multiple times by high end reviewers, even past it's lifetime. I want SS to be the OoT of this generation : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom