• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Could Happen when We Have 2 Princesses at the End of AoL?

Hi everyone, this is not exactly a theory, but a discussion that needs some

At the end of AoL Link wakes up the sleeping Zelda, and since the princess of the previous game is still around, I was wondering what would happen since there are two princesses Zelda? there would be some political problems? would the sleeping Zelda try to regain her kingdom? would they keep the sleeping Zelda hidden in secret from the people of Hyrule? (just throwing some ideas)

whats your theory?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
This is an interesting question you ask here. We have to be completely imaginative with an answer here because Adventure of Link is placed at the end of a timeline. I think that the there are two scenarios that are likely to happen: 1) the princess from the original Legend of Zelda remains the true leader of Hyrule because the other princess is not in the right time 2) the two princesses split Hyrule into two between them for each to rule one piece.

I would think they would help each other. One could rule one part of Hyrule and the other could rule the other part. Maybe the Zelda from AoL will just live a normal life since she had a long nap and probably wants to live in peace. Actually, what happened to the LoZ Zelda? She wasn't even seen in AoL so I guess she disappeared which means AoL Zelda will rule the land.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Since AoL is larger, Could it be that you have the princess be in charge of all of Hyrule?

While LoZ is the princess of just a province?

I always thought they were the same Zelda. Just something happened to put her to sleep after the events of LoZ

Since AoL is larger, Could it be that you have the princess be in charge of all of Hyrule?

While LoZ is the princess of just a province?

I always thought they were the same Zelda. Just something happened to put her to sleep after the events of LoZ

It's made clear in the game story that she is the 'first' Zelda and that she was put to sleep ages ago. While the part of her being the very first is retconned there is no doubt that this is a different Zelda from LoZ.

It's not a paradox though, I will tell you what it is however.

It's one giant problem. Link inadvertently set into motion the destruction of Hyrule.

Hyrule already had a royal family, thus it maintains some form of political stability despite Ganon kidnapping the princess in LoZ. As we see in AoL it's a large sprawling kingdom at this time in history. Well, enter another Zelda. This second Zelda is the last of her immediate family. Her father and mother would be dead of course by now. That leaves her as the rightful heir to the throne of Hyrule. That's a problem as the current royal family also claims the throne. They are both right too! This is a situation no one could have foreseen.

It was also inevitable that following the wake of the second Ganon crises that certain people-in-power (nobles) would not be happy with how the situation was handled by the government. I mean some elf-boy came from God-knows-where and single handedly saved the kingdom. Where was the Royal Army? Where was the government during all this? Are they so easily defeated?

Some cities and regional nobles would end up siding with the recently awakened Zelda because they were unhappy with how the current royal family botched the crises. Others would stay loyal. Hyrule thus erupts in Civil War as both parties vie for the throne. No doubt the tolls of war would be large. Whoever the victor, they would have trouble maintaining power and holding together a now fractured land. I have no doubt that Hyrule as we know it will be shattered. The victor would only be able to cling to power for a few years, a decade at most, before it would all fall apart.

Instead Hyrule would became little more then a collection of Feudal states. The cities of the game, such as Saria/Darunia/etc, would serve as small countries controlling the little bit of land around them but nothing more. Maybe, in time, an aspiring general or king would be able to unify the land again. We could only guess though.

As chaos reigns so does knowledge of the Triforce and the legends of the past fade away from popular imagination. People won't know of the Golden Power, of Link and Ganon. One day an evil soul will learn of this power and pursue it, on that day the power of the Triforce would be reawakened and a new hero would rise to save the day of course.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Honestly, all I can fathom is one of the two Zeldas having to abdicate the throne; whichever one was the "first" Zelda must keep the throne because the other is an illegitimate ruler if anything at all. I don't know how this'd go, but typically speaking, girls are good in Zelda so it would be a calm, peaceful process.

Honestly, all I can fathom is one of the two Zeldas having to abdicate the throne; whichever one was the "first" Zelda must keep the throne because the other is an illegitimate ruler if anything at all. I don't know how this'd go, but typically speaking, girls are good in Zelda so it would be a calm, peaceful process.

I don't care how nice they are, I don't see any of them just giving up control of their kingdom. I honestly think Nintendo should take what I said and make a game out of it. Hyrule has long since fallen, knowledge of the Triforce has faded away. One greedy fellow learns of the legend and pursues it. This awakens the Triforce in a boy named Link who is called upon to stop the new Big Bad. The game can conclude with the reunification of Hyrule.

SS was the birth of Hyrule, well this game could be the re-birth of Hyrule. How cool would that be?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
SS was the birth of Hyrule, well this game could be the re-birth of Hyrule. How cool would that be?

Friggin' awesome, and I do see your points. Why would I, in a position of power, just give it up because apparently the "original" pops up unmarred? That's whack, and I definitely wouldn't peacefully give up my power. That's what one would call foolery. A game featuring a civil war of Hylians vs OTHER HYLIANS with the game depicting those events ingame, man oh man I wish Nintendo would go forward with this idea. We got a backstory somewhat like this with Twilight Princess' Dark Interlopers, but beyond that, Nintendo hasn't dabbled much in that territory as far as I know (I'm not counting the Hyrulean Civil War or any of that jazz...it's too old for me to care).

Z

ZeekLTK

I don't care how nice they are, I don't see any of them just giving up control of their kingdom. I honestly think Nintendo should take what I said and make a game out of it. Hyrule has long since fallen, knowledge of the Triforce has faded away. One greedy fellow learns of the legend and pursues it. This awakens the Triforce in a boy named Link who is called upon to stop the new Big Bad. The game can conclude with the reunification of Hyrule.

To be honest, it sounds like they already have - and it's the game that was made directly after AoL... a Link to the Past.

If you think about it, in that game the Kingdom of Hyrule is essentially going through a civil war as Agahnim is overthrowing the king and they are locking up people like Link's uncle who are fighting for the king.

The triforce had been forgotten about, sealed away "a long time ago" (as it says in the prologue) but now Agahnim and his accomplices have come along to open it up. A hero comes along (Link) and fights for the Royal family against the rebellion, eventually winning and restoring the king to power.

But all you need to make is one connection to see that this takes place after AoL... the "original Zelda" who was woken up was exiled by the "current Zelda". While in exile, the original Zelda regained her powers and returned to Hyrule, disguised as Agahnim, to take vengeance and regain control of "her" kingdom.

During this process, she obviously enlists the help of several "bad guys", such as the thief who ends up taking the triforce and becoming Ganon. Whether this happened because he tricked the original Zelda or due to an agreement ("let me have the triforce and you can rule Hyrule again") can be speculated, but either way, the original Zelda is now allied with the new Ganon and they are both trying to remove the current royal family from power, fighting against Link until the(ir) bitter end.

Wait...if the first zelda fell asleep,how was the next zelda born? I haven't played Aol yet only heard of its story..

I'm sure she had a sibling or a cousin or something who continued the blood line. By AoL the "current Zelda" and the "original Zelda" would be pretty far removed from each other though (just as any of us are pretty far removed from our ancient ancestors who lived centuries ago).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom