• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are your game preferences?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
20230418_235934.jpg

• I just love Skyward Sword for so many reasons
  • Ik it's not a huge series but pop is a good one
  • Popular opinion
  • Popular opinion
  • Even tho I dislike ac3, Haytham Kenway is the only redeeming part about the game
  • I could've repeated other games in this category but I wanted to fit Danganronpa in my list
  • I've seen gameplay of Hollow Knight and I wanted to try it out. Maybe when it's on sale on GoG
  • People say it's a "generic open world game" but why do they not see the cool Greek mythology story line?
  • 70% of the franchise seems like a naughty dream of American government Screenshot_20230419-004124_Samsung Internet.jpgLike bro, you took a massive L again just move on lol
  • Started playing a couple of months ago, absolutely love the skins, character, the artstyle etc. I've been wanting to play this ever since I watched leafy
  • Microsoft Wordament- I just love solving word puzzles. pls don't judge :crylaugh:
  • Y'all sleeping on SoT it's an epic game. I don't play it often, but when I do, I play for several hours altogether

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Well, here's mine. I figure it's much more coherent if I just explain rather than drum up a picture. I tried and the one I generated looks like ass.

• Favorite Game of All Time: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, without question. Played it when it came out, and it made such an impact on me that I don't think another game will have such an impact.
  • Favorite Series: The Legend of Zelda, obviously.
  • Best Soundtrack: Halo 2. Phenomenal soundtrack.
  • Favorite Protagonist: Doomguy from the Doom series. Doesn't give 1 oz. of deep fried **** why demons do what they do, he just knows they all must die. I can accept that.
  • Favorite Villain: In video games, the one whom I found the most relatable was Manfred von Karma from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. The epitome of an immoral attorney.
  • Best Story: Really a toss up between The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, or BioShock.
  • Have Not Played But Want To: Tears of the Kingdom, obviously. In looking to games I haven't played yet, that's the one that's at the top of the list.
  • You Love Everyone Hates: Destroy All Humans!! More like "You Love, but everyone forgot about." Great piece of absurdist comedy sci-fi, with open worlds and the ability to zap people with your flying saucer!
  • You Hate, Everyone Loves: Fortnite. A shooter that has some of the worst shooting mechanics I've ever seen.
  • Best Art Style: Persona 5 Royal. Sure, it's an anime aesthetic, but everything from its menu, to its presentation, it all oozes style and substance.
  • Favorite Ending: Toss up between BioShock and Bloodborne. While I do like a good happy ending, my favorite endings have become bittersweet endings.
  • Favorite Boss Fight: Knight Artorias from Dark Souls, without question. Definitely one of the most memorable fights in the entire Soulsborne/Sekiro/Elden Ring catalogue.
  • Childhood Game: Multiple choices here, as I was a huge dork as a kid, so I played loads of video games. Highlights are the Monkey Island series, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Doom, Chrono Trigger, and A Link to the Past. Can't really pick just one.
  • Relaxing Game: Stardew Valley. Planting crops, milking cows, harvesting, truly lets me live like a farmer.
  • Stressful Game: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. I'm pretty sure I've called Isshin, the Sword Saint some pretty unsavory things during my struggle with him. Only game I've had to walk away from and cool off from.
  • Game You Always Come Back To: Chrono Trigger. My second favorite game of all time. I just love it.
  • Guilty Pleasure: Cyberpunk 2077. Maybe I just haven't experienced the level of bugs that people have, or maybe I waited for CD Projekt Red to sort things out, but my time with Cyberpunk 2077 has overall been enjoyable. Cruising around Night City and bringing Cyberpsychos to justice has been fun.
  • Tons of Hours Played: Without question, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Between me and my friends, we have clocked in loads of hours just goofing off.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
  • Favorite Game: Majora’s Mask
  • Favorite Series: The Legend of Zelda
  • Best Soundtrack: It’s really hard to pick a favorite. Probably one of the Layton games.
  • Favorite Protagonist: Professor Hershel Layton
  • Favorite Villain: Ganondorf. Specifically his OoT appearance.
  • Best Story: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
  • Have not played but want to: Professor Layton and the New World of Steam. In terms of games that are currently out, I’m planning on eventually getting to some of the other Castlevania games.
  • You love, everyone hates: I wouldn’t say I love it, but I feel like I have to defend Skyward Sword a lot more than other games.
  • You hate, everyone loves: Breath of the Wild, Twilight Princess, Smash Ultimate, Metroid Prime 2, probably a few others I’m forgetting.
  • Best art style: Professor Layton, particularly some of the earlier games.
  • Favorite ending: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
  • Favorite boss fight: The three different phases of Majora
  • Childhood game: Both Lego Indiana Jones games.
  • Relaxing game: Minecraft
  • Stressful game: Minecraft
  • Game you always come back too: Majoras Mask randomizers
  • Guilty Pleasure: Smash Ultimate
  • Tons of hours played: Minecraft is probably my most played.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
  • Favorite Game: Red Dead Redemption II
  • Best Soundtrack: Ocarina of Time
  • Favorite Protagonist: Master Chief
  • Favorite Villain: Albert Wesker
  • Best Story: Red Dead Redemption II
  • Have Not Played But Want to: Metroid Prime, Assassin's Creed: Origins, Metal Gear Solid 4 and 5, God of War (2018), Devil May Cry V
  • You Love, Everyone Hates: Skyward Sword, Sonic Lost World, Resident Evil 5.
  • You Hate, Everyone Loves: Fortnite
  • Best Art Style: Breath of the Wild
  • Favorite Ending: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  • Favorite Boss Fight: Ganondorf, All 4 phases (Twilight Princess)
  • Childhood Game: Super Mario Bros. 3, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Spider-Man (2000), WWF No Mercy, Metroid Fusion, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Halo: Combat Evolved, Mario Kart: Double Dash
  • Relaxing Game: Any Resident Evil game or 2D Metroid game.
  • Stressful Game: I don't think I find any particular game stressful, but more so certain challenges in games.
  • Game I always Come Back to: Streets of Rage 2, Halo: Combat Evolved, anything Resident Evil and 2D Metroid, and whatever the latest iteration of Gears of War is.
  • Guilty Pleasure: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Tons of Hours Played: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
  • Game: Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Series: it'd be cheating if I said Xeno so Metal Gear
  • Soundtrack: Persona 3 Portable
  • Protagonist: Tommy Vercetti
  • Villain: Grahf
  • Story: Xenogears
  • Not played but want to: The Witcher 3
  • Love, everyone hates: Xenosaga 2
  • Hate, everyone loves: Sonic CD
  • Art Style: Mega Man Legends
  • Ending: Xenoblade 3
  • Boss fight: Ghirahim
  • Childhood: Wind Waker
  • Relaxing: GTA Vice City
  • Stressful: Ninja Gaiden
  • Always come back to: GTA Vice City
  • Guilty pleasure: Sonic Adventure
  • Tons of hours: any Super Smash Bros game
a bit tricky not to mention the same franchises over and over

Last edited:

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
  • Favorite game of all time: Super Mario Galaxy. A class act masterpiece of a game
  • Favorite series: Kirby. I’ve loved the puffball and his games since I was a kid
  • Favorite soundtrack: Celeste. The sound-font, emotion, synths, progression in the themes, is so perfect and I love every single song in Celeste
  • Favorite story: Celeste. Emotional and short but beautiful story that really resonates with me
  • Favorite protagonist: Madeline from Celeste. A character that feels a lot like me and I love her development and character as the story goes on
  • Favorite villain: Damon Gant from Ace Attorney. He’s clever, he’s charming, he’s manipulative, he’s got a complex character, he’s powerful, menacing, and all around an A+ villain and my favorite AA character after Gumshoe
  • Game I haven’t played but want to: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, which I will play soon.
  • You love, everyone hates: Apollo Justice. The game is riddled with pet peeves of mine but I just love the atmosphere and tone of the game, and characters like Ema are awesome. And the sprites are amazing, especially Klavier’s airguitar.
  • You hate, everyone loves: Hard to choose, but Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. I don’t know if it’s loved, but I hated how tedious and repetitive the dungeon crawling was, and I also super frustrated at how many times I died.
  • Best artystyle: Kirby’s Epic Yarn. I love the yarn aesthetic and the game just looks adorable and bright and colorful
  • Favorite ending: Majora’s Mask. It’s a very happy and rewarding ending after how somber and creepy the rest of the game was, and I loved saving Termina and all the side quests being complete, and seeing all the characters of the game in the credits
  • Best boss fight: Magalor EX from Kirby’s Return to Dreamland
  • Childhood game: Pokepark Wii: Pikachu’s Adventure. My first ever game, that I will always love
  • Relaxing game: Animal Crossing New Leaf
  • Stressful game: Hollow Knight. I love the game a lot, but some bosses and areas are very stressful and difficult for me, and make me constantly on my toes, to where I still haven’t completed some of the hardest stuff in the game
  • Always come back to: Majora’s Mask
  • Guilty Pleasure: Tomodachi Life. Not necessarily a good game, but it’s so hilarious and charming, being able to make all your own Miis that act so weird and even can make them sing or put them in weird shenanigans
  • Tons of hours played: Breath of the Wild, as to be expected, I have tons of hours in it because of how big and expansive the game is

Last edited:
  • Favorite Game of All Time: Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django/The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • Favorite Series: Three way deadlock between The Legend of Zelda, Boktai, and Touhou Project. I can't pick just one.
  • Best Soundtrack: Tie between Okami and every Touhou game. Golden Sun and ALBW are very close seconds, though.
  • Favorite Protagonist: Solar Boy Django from Boktai. He's mostly a silent protagonist, but he still has a distinct personality and a depth to his character that you don't usually see from silent protags. The times he does talk, he seems cheerful, but with an undercurrent of thoughtful melancholy. Also he has an awesome red scarf. More video game characters need scarves.
  • Favorite Villain: Vaati. Who else would be here? (I mean, I guess Mima from Touhou counts as well, but she's more or less just my favorite character, period.) Vaati is an interesting character with a lot of potential, and it's a shame that there hasn't been more done with him. He's an evil more ancient than Ganondorf, and in two of the three timelines, he's still sealed away... I love his big eyeball-bat form, but I'd like to see his more human form make a reappearance, too. He's also come much closer to actually killing Zelda than any other villain in the series. The only other villain I can think of who came that close was Ghirahim.
  • Best Story: Okami. I will not elaborate. You should play it yourself if you haven't already.
  • Have Not Played But Want To: Sonic Frontiers, Luigi's Mansion 3
  • You Love Everyone Hates: Fortnite, for no other reason than the game is one big s**tpost and that's the funniest thing to me. Yeah, the game kinda sucks, and all the kids on voice chat are annoying, but just try to tell me that clan-killer and tragic villain Itachi Uchiha from Naruto doing the Fortnite dance whilst standing next to Lara Croft and Batman isn't the height of absurd hilarity. It's not fun to play, but boy howdy is it funny to play.
  • You Hate, Everyone Loves: The main Monster Hunter series. I've tried and tried to get into it, but I just don't like the feel of the gameplay. It just feels slow and clunky to me, no matter what weapon I use.
  • Best Art Style: Okami.
  • Favorite Ending: Tie between Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. They're both excellent and emotionally fulfilling in their own ways.
  • Favorite Boss Fight: The final Ghirahim fight in Skyward Sword. It really feels like a test of your skills, even more than the final battle against Demise. Plus, it's satisfying to finally kick Ghirahim's butt after everything he puts you through over the course of the game.
  • Childhood Game: Brave Fencer Musashi
  • Relaxing Game: Any Picross game. Also Minecraft. Special mention to Power Wash Simulator for making my brain go brrrrrr
  • Stressful Game: Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. I still like it, but holy hell it's difficult.
  • Game You Always Come Back To: Wind Waker, especially since I discovered the randomizer.
  • Guilty Pleasure: Neopets: The Darkest Faerie. It can be a glitchy mess sometimes, but I still love it. Also Fortnite, for the reasons mentioned above.
  • Tons of Hours Played: Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Breath of the Wild, and Minecraft.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
  • Favorite Game of All Time: Stardew Valley
  • Best Soundtrack: Metroid Prime or Doom 2016
  • Favorite Protagonist: Leon Kennedy
  • Favorite Villain: Handsome Jack
  • Best Story: Bioshock or Silent Hill 2
  • Have Not Played But Want To: Metroid Prime 4 if that ever comes out.
  • You Love Everyone Hates: I have a pretty generic taste but I want to say Twilight Princess even though I feel like that’s more divisive than anything.
  • You Hate, Everyone Loves: I find story driven games like The Last of Us boring.
  • Best Art Style: Every soulsborne game
  • Favorite Ending: Twilight Princess
  • Favorite Boss Fight: Sister Friede
  • Childhood Game: Ocarina of Time
  • Relaxing Game: Stardew Valley.
  • Stressful Game: Destiny 2
  • Game You Always Come Back To: Ocarina of Time
  • Guilty Pleasure: Destiny 2
  • Tons of Hours Played: Destiny and Destiny 2

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Favorite game of all time: Twilight Princess. Not my first zelda but just the story and gameplay game it a special place in my heart. Love that game.
Favorite series: The Legend of Zelda
Best Soundtrack: Cadence of Hyrule. (Yes, I know, all too obvious. What can I say, it hits)
Favorite Protagonist: Samus Aran. Like Link she isnt really much of a character but shes just really, really cool. Undeniably cool. Shes been one of my favorites since I was a kid.
Favorite Villain: Descole from Professor Layton. He has such dramatic vibes, amazing character arc. He's the epitome of classic villainy. I love it.
Best story: Final Fantasy VII. This game went so far off from where I thought it was going to go in the beginning. It just kept building on itself, getting more and more deep. As you go along you start to get a better understanding of it as well. Absolutely a masterpiece.
Have not played but want to: Metroid Prime. This game was basically my childhood, watching my dad play it. I literally own it on 2 systems i dont know WHY i havent gotten around to starting it yet but I will eventually.
You love everyone hates: Age of Calamity (TERRAKO WAS A GOOD CHARACTER AND YOU CAN ALL FIGHT ME)
You hate everyone loves: Skyward sword was just awful to try and play through. I beat it once but never again am I putting myself through that.
Best art style: Hollow Knight. Every part of that game is just gorgeous. I'd love to just stop and look at everything if it didn't mean getting murdered usually.
Favorite Ending: Link's Awakening
Favorite boss fight: Hm, probably the Mantis Lords from Hollow Knight. Even if it took me a million tries, just mastering the flow of the battle is so fun and intense.
Childhood game: Kirby's Epic Yarn. Played it with my dad as a kid, although I wasnt very helpful. Was definately a lot of fun.
Relaxing game: Breath of the Wild, you can just explore and exist in the world.
Stressful game: Hyrule Warriors is he most stressful fame I've ever played, I didn't even make it 4 levels in. It was so awful. I'm glad AoC was better.
Game you always come back to: Animal crossing so i can check on my town and make sure everything is still in good shape.
Guilty pleasure: Minecraft. I can just play it for hours on end. I will play it until the sun explodes. So addicting for no reason.
Ton of hours played: I think that goes to botw again for obvious reasons.

My favorite game is "Animal Crossing: New Leaf".

I have so much fun playing this game.

My villagers are:

- Curlos the sheep
- Aurora the penguin
- Apollo the eagle
- Robin the bird
- Goose the chicken
- Cube the penguin
- Sylvia the kangaroo
- Kitt the kangaroo
- Victoria the horse
- Merry the cat

There's something I want to share with you folks. You really have to see this because it's a sight to behold:

"VIBRANT YELLOWCORE ISLAND TOUR | Animal Crossing New Horizons":

OMG, I love this! I love yellow so much, especially sun yellow. In my "Animal Crossing: New Leaf", my house roof is yellow (also I turned my house into a comfy log cabin with a fireplace or two) and I have yellow Cosmos or yellow Tulips planted all around my house. And the furniture in my bedroom this month were Alpine furnitures cuztomized with Yellow Aloha Tee fabric (yellow flowers) or Modern furniture customized to be yellow. And dotted (yellow) carpet and wallpaper. And I found myself dressing my player character in different yellow clothes a lot these days. I freaking love it! I love this color!

It's possible that one of the reasons so many people crave more yellow in their lives it's because we have been subjected to sun deprivation during the cold season, the sky was gray or white and we got lots of snow and very little sunlight, it's getting better now since we get a bit more sun and the days become much longer and the sun is warmer.

Sun deprivation is not good for us and we got a lot of that during the pandemic, especially during the cold season:

https://carex.com/blogs/resources/light-deprivation-what-happens-if-you-don-t-get-enough-sunlight

Yellow is bright and bold. It’s energizing and hopeful. It’s also cheerful and warm, like sunshine on a spring day. We can’t help but feel our moods lift – at least a little – when we encounter a sunbeam or a burst of yellow daffodils. That’s why yellow is the perfect colour to introduce an article about cultivating happiness:

https://www.bayshore.ca/resources/yellow-the-colour-of-happiness/

Curlos the sheep and Aurora the penguin are my best and closest friends in my village in my "Animal Crossing: New Leaf". And my best friend Curlos' favorite color is yellow (it's on the official sites where you can find information such as what can of gift should you buy for some villager for their birthday or what's this villager's favorite color and style, etc). We share the same love for this beautiful, cheerful, warm and uplifting color.

This looks really nice too:

Animal Crossing has been a part of my life for a little over three years now and I just freaking love it.

Take care,

Kat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom