• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Looking Forward To The Most From Skyward Sword?

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
I've never used Wii Motion Plus, so I'm looking forward to that. I'd like to know if the music is orchestrated, and if it will be good. I'm also crazy interested in the plot, what in the world will happen?! Zelda? Ganondorf? Sword girl?

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
What am I looking forward to?

1. The answers it'll give us.
2. The questions it'll give us.
3. Tingle. (IT WILL HAPPEN I TELL YOU!!!)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
3. Tingle. (IT WILL HAPPEN I TELL YOU!!!)

If that happens, I'll scream. And not in the good way. lol

Anyways, there are two main things I'm looking foward to the most from the game.

#1. Wii Motion Plus

I had a little taste of that in Wii Sports Resort once and let me say this. Paradise. I can only imagine how much BETTER it would be with such a big game as Zelda. To be honest, ever since I heard of the Wii I always dreamt of a game where you could actually do motions for things and have the character follow those movements precisely and at about the same time as you do them. By 2011 at the earliest, that dream will have come true.

#2. The New Formula

I'm actually quite interested in the change up to the Zelda Formula Nintendo has mentioned. The classic Zelda Formula is classic, don't get me wrong, but they've been using that formula for the past twenty four years. I think it's high time we got a little more variety and spiced up the gameplay a little, don't you think? After all, it gets boring playing a bunch of games with nearly the exact same gameplay each time. Not saying the Classic Zelda Formula is bad, I'm just saying that it's time for something new.

And the swordless sections that they mentioned (at least I THINK they mentioned swordless sequences) actually have me very interested and I hope that there are at least three of them. I just love stealth sequences and a swordless Link probably means a stealth sequence. Even if they totally throw us off and don't make those parts stealth based (I loved the stealth in every single one of the games that it appeared in) I'd probably love them (I'd have to decide for myself when I get to them, that's just a blind guess for the moment).

1. Gameplay & Difficulty
This time around, the new gameplay mechanics of Zelda seem to delivery a much higher difficulty. The bokoblins from TP were absolutely ridiculous, I can defeat 10 of them, at the same time, with my eyes closed, while hanging upside down from the cealing. SS bokoblins can defend themselves (and ACTUALLY attack). Plus, we need to remember they should be one of the earlier enemies. :cool:

Other improvements have also been made: nobody uses bombs in combat because it's always very hard to hit the target with it, but now that you can roll it, it should be much easier to hit enemies and this should turn the bomb in a viable weapon (and obviously this opens a lot of new possibilities with puzzles).

2. Story
Looks like SS will provide many answers, and probably many new questions too. Specially when related to the sky, I mean, there are a lot of things about Zelda that have some sort of relation with the sky: the oocca, the minish, that symbol of an eagle that keeps constantly appearing in a lot of places, etc.

3. Orchestrated Music
No need for comments in this... :love:

Kybyrian

I would love to see if the story is a good one. Most Zelda games have a great story, and I don't doubt this one, but sometimes you just wonder after being handed games like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. I suppose I'd also like to see the difficulty stepped up just a tad from what it was in Twilight Princess, but I doubt that will happen... If anything it will be easier. Such a shame...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom