• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are you looking forward to the most: Age of Calamity or BotW2?

What are you most looking forward to?

• Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Breath of the Wild Sequel

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Now that dust has settled a bit, it's safe to say that hype for Age of Calamity is real, and there. The game is out soon, and it's a brand new Zelda title. At the same time, the hype is still equally real for Breath of the Wild 2, with lots of people thirst for new info regarding this highly ambitious sequel to Nintendo's biggest game yet.

Both games are set in the Breath of the Wild timeline, and both has been presented with a roughly 2 minute announcement trailer each. One is a musou game, one is another epic adventure - but at the same time, we know for sure what one is gonna play like, the other is still shrouded in mystery. So I thought it would be interesting to make a comparison. Simply put, what are you - right now - most looking forward to to play?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
At this moment, AoC, specifically because we know more about it and it’s coming soon. We don’t know a thing about BotW2 yet, so it’s hard to be really excited for it. I am looking forward to more info, sure, but there’s so little we know that my hype for AoC is eclipsing it for now.

Aaaaah, difficult question.

On one hand, I love Warriors games and the gap BotW left in its own lore is one I've wanted to see played out, and a Musou game is the perfect way to show what was essentially a war.

On the other hand, BotW2 will be much more of an event, it'll push the lore of BotW forward (hopefully). It'll be of a high quality and an important title for the series.

So I don't know. Right now I actually want to say I'm more hyped for AoC because it's close to release and I know what to expect, whereas I have reservations on BotW2 with it originally starting as DLC and potentially reusing the same overworld.

Last edited:

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
AoC since there's an actual trailer and a release date. I love Musou gameplay and it'll be nice to have the pre-Calamity play out in such an action-filled style of game.

It'll also be a nice way to hold fans over until more BotW2 info is released (which I suspect will be sometime later this year for a potential Spring 2021 release date).

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
BOTW2! AoC is awesome, but it’s still a spin-off game. BOTW will always hold a special place in my heart.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
It's BotW 2 for me. AoC will definitely be a nice way to pass the time, but solely from a gameplay perspective, BotW 2 is definitely what I'm more interested in.

Can't really say I'm looking forward to either, but given the choice, I'd say I'm more interested in BotW2. We already know what AoC will be; a prequel with the DW formula.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Age of Calamity almost by default.

At the moment, the Breath of the Wild sequel is just a mirage sitting on the horizon. We've seen one pre-rendered trailer and didn't receive so much as a title. At least we've seen gameplay for Age of Calamity.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
To me it's both. I love HW and I definitely look forward to play as one of the champions. And of course it's only a few months away. BotW2 will take a bit longer before it's going to be released. But I'm very excited to see what's going to happen with Gdorf. So both are things to look forward to. But AoC is quicker

Probably BOTW2. Don't get me wrong I'm hype af for AoC & will probably get a lot of mileage out of it like HW.

But the fact that we're getting a direct sequel featuring the same Link & Zelda in the same world makes me so excited.

While it's still in development they could literally do anything with it. Something about the potential of BOTW2 makes me want it ever so slightly more than AoC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom