• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom What Are You Doing in TotK?

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Saved Lurelin yesterday and now I'm on my way to the desert. The Lurelin quest is really good, but my favorite part has to be when you set up the water rally and Rozel wants to call it the Saviors Race... and even Link has to put his foot down and say "no, that name sucks." :crylaugh:

I think I have to go through at least three blood moons
just to collect enough fire-breath Lizalfos
to get the bits to upgrade all the snowquill armor…

upgrading all the armor might just be the grindiest of all time wasted of all.

…especially since you don’t always get a tail for every kill.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Wrapped up all the Regional Phenomena and the battle at Hyrule Castle. Now it's time to find the fifth sage...! After I do some more exploring and getting more geoglyphs. In my first run I stumbled into the Construct Factory before I got to this point, but I wanted to see the dialogue and stuff I missed out on from doing it this way.

Collecting stars to upgrade everything between the Awakening to Sky armor, didn’t realize the circlets and earrings and Skeik’s Mask would take a nice dent out of my collection…

chasing down Fire breath lizalfos in Gerudo valley, didn’t realize they become ice breath lizalfos when the temperature drops…
my sensor is set for fire breath but it’ll still target them even when they’ve changed elements.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Oh!!! I love it!! It's very unique and cool!
It is!! Playing through it again just reaffirmed for me that it's my favorite. The puzzles were really creative, and of course Mineru's Construct is extraordinarily awesome and useful. The whole sequence feels so novel. I love it just as much now as I did then.

I finished that this morning and just got done saving Korok Forest, too. I just learned that if you wait this long to go there, the koroks from puzzles throughout the world will start alerting you that somethings wrong with the forest, and so will Hestu. And I also found out that some of the koroks will guide you on the right path to get in there, too. Since I did it early last run, I didn't get to see that.

Once again, I'm finding myself really loving the progression system here. Stumbling across Dragonhead Island by accident in my first run left me completely mystified that something so cool was just laying in wait, but then intentionally following the intended order this time gave me a lot of dialogue that I missed and allowed me to appreciate the whole dungeon buildup this time, since I did it backwards last time. It felt new all over again. I love this game.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Now that I have the Master Sword at last, all the main story bits are done. I wanna grind away at all the shrines, lightroots, and sidequests before I beat Ganondorf, and I hope to have that done before Echoes of Wisdom drops.
I agree with everything you say about TotK. This game can be played like 1000 times and still show new things we haven't seen yet. Everything in this game is so cool and awesome. Even after a year I'm still in complete aww when I play the game :)

I agree with everything you say about TotK. This game can be played like 1000 times and still show new things we haven't seen yet. Everything in this game is so cool and awesome. Even after a year I'm still in complete aww when I play the game :)
Totally agree… just last night, I was trying the impossible to see if I could land my hover bike on a dragon. fell to the ground near the huge chasm in Kakariko village and just sat and marveled at the dragon slowly diving in, remembering the first time I saw that phenomen.

Okay, grinding for upgrading armor has got to be the most patience-inducing exercise in this game.
Even after buying out the butterflies you need, you can at least try catching them on your own.
But certain lizalfo parts drop at random and there might be enough in five moon cycles to upgrade all you need
but the captain constructs are definitely a sparse number!

Getting there though, just real slow…

Also, I’m cursing myself for every time I passed up on getting a fallen star.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom