• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Some of Your Favorite, Yet More Obscure Zelda Songs?

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
We all know the Song of Storms, Lon Lon Ranch, Zelda's Lullaby, (in fact, pretty much anything from Ocarina of Time is well-known). There's also the famous Midna's Lament (TP), Final Hours (MM), Ballad of the Goddess (SS), any overworld theme, we all know 'em. Hardened Zelda fans here are even likely to know the classic Fi's Theme (SS), Malo Mart (TP), Mabe Village (LA), Rain Storm (aLttP), etc. But are some random gems, often hidden away in only one specific instance in the game, that are only noticed if you stop to listen.

Some of my favorite examples: Crimson Loftwing (SS), which only plays once after you rescue your bird (the theme is actually played once before by full orchestra, but this is the only time with the solo instruments. Another is Lake Floria (SS), the version that plays above water. It's a very pretty set of harmonies, even if it's butchered by the fake instruments. Silent Guardians (HW) often gets stuck in my head, despite not being a genre of music I generally gravitate towards. Ceremony Begins (SS), because it's a crime that in all of Zelda fanfare music, this is the only all-brass fanfare played by real instruments.

What are some of your most random unappreciated gems of music in the Zelda series? The kind of melodies you're unlikely to find remixed in a fan medley? Which insignificant songs have taken such hold of you that you've stopped playing the game to listen to?

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
As much as I hate the character, I've always loved Kaepora Gaebora's theme.
I know it's in OoT, but since so many people mash through his sequences, I feel like his theme is forgotten a lot.

Nicolai

@DekuNut
Yeah, it's a good theme. I used to like to practice it on the bassoon when I played bassoon. I'd call that obscure not because no one knows it, but because few people acknowledge it as a piece they like.

@YIGAhim
Skyward Sword is gonna be the source of a lot of these. It has one of the biggest video game soundtracks ever; I wonder if they over-composed it and had to find places to put all of their tracks. Themes are rarely reused.

I'm gonna add Ceremony Begins (SS) on here too. It's almost a crime that, in all of Zelda fanfare music, this is the only all-brass fanfare played by real instruments.

Last edited:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I've said it a billion times, Groose is the Gaston of Zelda, and Jar Jar is the Tingle of Star Wars ;)

Leaping off the Edge used to be my favorite theme in all of Zelda, but that has since changed. It's still great, though. When I go Skydiving for the first time, that's the theme that will be playing in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ecM_TSfXIQ
This one's also great. I think it's obscure

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicolai

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
definitely the tadtone trial in skyward sword
as much as i dislike everything about this section [why you have to collect them,collecting the tadtones themselves],this theme just gives me those nostalgic super mario sunshine vibes,reminds me of noki bay; actually it just makes me think of those earlier 3d platformers in general

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom