• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
Not to mention, giving the wrong dose, and even the wrong medicine could put them in serious legal trouble. I've always had trouble with my pharmacies thinking "Oh, it's just the same dose as always." even when the dose has been changing. Pharmacies are the worst.
Found out today I'm in a queue, because there's a shortage.

Jesus, this is ridiculous.

This is almost as infuriating as the time they gave me a 2 weeks supply.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Found out today I'm in a queue, because there's a shortage.

Jesus, this is ridiculous.

This is almost as infuriating as the time they gave me a 2 weeks supply.
least youre not on like this diabetic drug that i hear is in real short supply cuz its a weightloss thing as well.....

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
least youre not on like this diabetic drug that i hear is in real short supply cuz its a weightloss thing as well.....
My dad has dealt with all sorts of bull**** concerning his diabetes. Including that one.

Hell, Adderall was taken for weight-loss at some point.

Doesn't shock me that the diet-pill industry is still going strong.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
My dad has dealt with all sorts of bull**** concerning his diabetes. Including that one.

Hell, Adderall was taken for weight-loss at some point.

Doesn't shock me that the diet-pill industry is still going strong.
they wanna prescribe it to like everyone in the uk!!

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
they wanna prescribe it to like everyone in the uk!!
I know, I'm with ya, it's garbage.

All it does is makes getting those who need the medication more difficult.

In the case of stimulant medications, here's another layer of crap. There's a shortage in the United States, not due for a lack of funding or R&D by pharmaceutical companies that research and manufacture the medications, but because amphetamine and methylphenidate (the two stimulant classes of ADHD medications) are considered a Schedule II controlled substance by the DEA.

The DEA sets availability quotas, and meets with each company each March and April to determine how much of that company’s product can be released each month in the following calendar year. This process tries to predict in March of 2024 how much medication will be needed 21 months later in December of 2025.

It's a crude system, rarely works, and the DEA's approach to combating the sale and usage of illicit drugs is to simply dry up the supply by restricting the amount of drugs available to be sold legally.

Why does the DEA do this? Because they thought ADHD stimulant medications were being abused (which there's no evidence to support the claim), the far more likely explanation is that more people are being diagnosed with ADHD.

So basically, if you're ADHD, you face a stigma amongst people that think ADHD medications are the equivalent to meth (they're not), that ADHD medications are addictive (not in the doses commonly prescribed), and now you face official, legal hurdles based on this stigma, all because you were born with a brain that's wired differently, and you need medications to help balance the neurotransmitters your brain that you're slightly deficient in.

In other words, ableism and gaslighting.

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
My sister accusing me of getting mad when I was talking calmly. It's like she always wants to start an argument, and I have to spend the whole day at the zoo with her tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom