• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Procrastination sucks. It's really flaring up with English because writing assignments take so much active concentration. I write a couple sentences and before I know it I've been searching stuff that comes to my head, browsing sites, and wasting all my time. Wish I could properly focus on the stuff that I actually need to focus on.
This is a mood.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
This is a mood.
A mood I wish I could get out of. It frustrates me, like, I don't want to do this but I still do it anyways...
I don't wanna look lazy to people, I do work hard when there's a time crunch or when I'm passionate about what I'm doing but if it's not either of those it's so hard to do stuff. And there is a time crunch with this English stuff but apparently it's not close enough for my brain to think like that yet. (30th of March).

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
A mood I wish I could get out of. It frustrates me, like, I don't want to do this but I still do it anyways...
I don't wanna look lazy to people, I do work hard when there's a time crunch or when I'm passionate about what I'm doing but if it's not either of those it's so hard to do stuff. And there is a time crunch with this English stuff but apparently it's not close enough for my brain to think like that yet. (30th of March).
Well, if I can ease things.

Procrastination and laziness are conscious choices. You know you should be doing something, and you actively choose not to.

What you're feeling I wouldn't exactly call procrastination though, as you said you don't want to do it, but it still happens. I know that feeling all too well.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Well, if I can ease things.

Procrastination and laziness are conscious choices. You know you should be doing something, and you actively choose not to.

What you're feeling I wouldn't exactly call procrastination though, as you said you don't want to do it, but it still happens. I know that feeling all too well.
hm, then what would it be called then?

Also I'm sorry you deal with it too :hug:

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
hm, then what would it be called then?

Also I'm sorry you deal with it too :hug:
That... can be quite nuanced, and depends on other factors, and how often it happens, and where it happens.

Gotta love complexity right?

If it happens every day, combined with impulsivity, getting easily distracted, losing track of time, and you "procrastinate" things you actually want to do, that can be something deeper.

And it's frustrating because it feels like you're riding a horse, but you can't communicate with or control the horse where you want to go, you're just along for the ride, and wherever the present leads, you're pulled along with it.

But, the point I'd like to make, it's only true procrastination or laziness if it's a conscious choice. What I'm describing isn't really a conscious choice, things just happen.

DarthCreeper10

mowing my life away
ZD Champion
I have a birthday party for one of my friends that I never see (VERY occasionally) on Friday, and I have a football game at 8:30 that night. The problem is that I'm not too fond of this football league, it's not fun and my team is annoying. So my parents won't let me skip it so I get to show up at 10:30, and then wake up early because my family is running a 5k in the morning :( (Sorry OG, I'm not like you).

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
I have a birthday party for one of my friends that I never see (VERY occasionally) on Friday, and I have a football game at 8:30 that night. The problem is that I'm not too fond of this football league, it's not fun and my team is annoying. So my parents won't let me skip it so I get to show up at 10:30, and then wake up early because my family is running a 5k in the morning :( (Sorry OG, I'm not like you).
You guys are running a 5k? Well you as sure as heck better tell me what time you get.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Singer quit.

Had a show in around 2 months, now coming up on 3 weeks and they haven't learned the whole set. I also got blamed by them for not showing up to practice because I had a cold, because they apparently relied on me.

They were saying to help, so I said, "We have professionally pre-recorded material you can reference, we recorded instrumental versions for you, and I personally broke things down for you, what more do you want?"

If I have help you learn how to do your job, I might as well do it myself.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
a new lock on the meter cupboard!!! we spent months getting a key to get in and new theyve put another lock on it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom