• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Were do kokiri come from?

Maybe they came from the Great Deku Tree. He may have Spit them out and they were there. Probly not that. Or maybe a stork brought them and droped them off. Just a joke.

Kybyrian

It's my guess that the Deku Tree just got lonely and decided to make some kids to run around the forest one day, and did so by growing them from seeds which were of course magical.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
as we all know, by answering a question you will find more questions

if the kokori were once the minish who made the minish?

do the minish reproduce? I haven't played MC past the the part where the blob guy sticks to your head.

note: the piccori are actually called the minish, but the humans called them piccori because they say it alot. "pico riki riki"

If you keep like that we will soon be questioning from where did the Deku Tree came and etc... the only thing I can tell you is what is a man?!A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS/A CESSPIT OF HATRED AND LIES xD

I found it very probable that the Piccori evolved into the Kokiri...

Also, about the Ghost Sage, he may have died of unnatural causes... i believe that they are immortal in what concerns to aging

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
If you keep like that we will soon be questioning from where did the Deku Tree came and etc... the only thing I can tell you is what is a man?!A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS/A CESSPIT OF HATRED AND LIES xD

I found it very probable that the Piccori evolved into the Kokiri...

Also, about the Ghost Sage, he may have died of unnatural causes... i believe that they are immortal in what concerns to aging

good point. if you keep asking who made the minish then you have to ask who made the people who made the minish.

who made the kokiri? many of you say the Deku Tree did...well then...who made/planted the Deku Tree?

it can go on forever. i like to think of it this way.

the picori that lived in the forest protected it in one way or another. if you recall, their village had a lot of acorns hanging around that could also be similar to deku seeds. what if they decided to use some magic to plant one of the seeds that eventually grew to be the Deku Tree? its plausible. the enemies around and inside of the Deku Tree were always dropping deku seeds which are similar in looking to the acorns in the minish village in the forest.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
From the Deku tree.

There.

No need to go past two posts.

Brilliant reasoning and I would agree to 100 % if it was not for this post:

How did he make them?

But I must also say that even with this question I find it amusing how much can be discussed about this topic :). I must agree with some of the more recent posts, I believe this can be discussed forever! (But how much more will be said?)

I really hope no one take a post like this as an inult. It defenetly is not!

Maybe one day a group of travellers entered the forest and decided to settle there. Then one day Somehow they got cursed and...Nope. I can't think of a plausible theory.

Taken from Zelda Wiki, a quote from Fado, the ghost Kokiri boy:

"Are you the new hero? I am Fado of the Kokiri tribe. I know I appear to you as a child, but the eyes can often deceive. I am a most esteemed sage. I had been praying here so that the power to repel evil would continue to be contained within the blade of the Master Sword... But I was attacked by the evil Ganondorf... and this is what happened to me."

So, he was killed by Ganondorf in order to make the Master Sword lose a portion of its power.

As for the topic, well its kinda hard to imagine that the Kokiri would reproduce like normal humans would. I don't think thats what happens. Most likely, the Deku Tree produces them in some way, like some other posters have said. He dosen't have to have some big, drawn out biological way of making them. In a simple answer, its just magic. Zelda is filled with it, and this is one of the prime examples. He often refers to the Kokiri as his children, and that could very well be a literal statement, instead of just being an adoptive-like parent to the Kokiri.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Brilliant reasoning and I would agree to 100 % if it was not for this post:

But I must also say that even with this question I find it amusing how much can be discussed about this topic :). I must agree with some of the more recent posts, I believe this can be discussed forever! (But how much more will be said?)

I really hope no one take a post like this as an inult. It defenetly is not!

We don't know HOW he created them, just that he did. Did he grow from seeds, birth them, form them from dust like Yahweh? Who knows? Some or all of the above could be the answer. Its all speculation since it was never important information in the game.

S

skullkidsreveng

fanfic is stuff that fans come up with. if it was real, i think it would be something that would have been stated in the game. its just some persons IDEA to explain something that they cant explain. its like religion, its just an idea to explain the unexplainable.

i, however, believe that kokori were created from the piccori.

I find it ironic how you are talking about how that fan fiction is impossible or at least unlikely and how there was no explanation as to it being real in-game...

And then you go on about how the Kokiri where the Minish, disregarding the fact that that in itself is fan speculation as well.

Nevertheless, though there is little in game examples of it being true, the Minish also makes a bit of sense as there is no Deku tree in MC. If the Deku Tree died out or failed to exist, it might make sense for the Kokiri to "morph" into something that can exist and prosper without the Deku Tree. Besides, the Kokiri have changed at least once before in the Zelda series as the Koroks. However, unlike the Kokiri being the TP monkeys, there's very little proof of the Kokiri really being the Minish.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I find it ironic how you are talking about how that fan fiction is impossible or at least unlikely and how there was no explanation as to it being real in-game...

And then you go on about how the Kokiri where the Minish, disregarding the fact that that in itself is fan speculation as well.

hmm that might be why i always say "i think" or "my theory is"

its not as though im talking about it as fact.

Nevertheless, though there is little in game examples of it being true, the Minish also makes a bit of sense as there is no Deku tree in MC. If the Deku Tree died out or failed to exist, it might make sense for the Kokiri to "morph" into something that can exist and prosper without the Deku Tree. Besides, the Kokiri have changed at least once before in the Zelda series as the Koroks. However, unlike the Kokiri being the TP monkeys, there's very little proof of the Kokiri really being the Minish.

what makes you think that the kokiri cant survive without the Deku Tree? im pretty sure that the Deku Tree does die, and the Kokiri survived until a Deku Sprout grew...

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!

They changed into the Koroks due to the salt water, and because of the illness that attacked the Deku Tree because of that...
And even though it is a theory, I also agree that the Minish probably evolved into the Kokiri, it would make perfect sense, and explain why they are nowhere to be found

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
They changed into the Koroks due to the salt water, and because of the illness that attacked the Deku Tree because of that...
And even though it is a theory, I also agree that the Minish probably evolved into the Kokiri, it would make perfect sense, and explain why they are nowhere to be found

AND before anyone says "no thats not right because they are around still hiding things in pots and bushes" WW has fixed that little problem for us.

near the beginning of the game on outset island, there is a man who is standing near a quite large patch of grass who says that you should always cut through grass and bushes because people tend to drop things in them.

the minish arent the answer to why there are stuff in pots and in grass for EVERY game. it was just an explanation for MC, IMO.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
The ideas that Kokiri were once Picori or eventually became monkeys are all romantic ideas that would make good fanfiction, but until there are some actual hard evidence from the games, thats about the extent of it.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The ideas that Kokiri were once Picori or eventually became monkeys are all romantic ideas that would make good fanfiction, but until there are some actual hard evidence from the games, thats about the extent of it.

well since there is no FACT all we can do is talk about our theories...isnt that what most of the zelda mystery threads are about? i dont understand the point of your post...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom