• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Welcome, to Bok-Chan-Samas School for Anime Boys

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
@Mido @funnier6

Regarding Zachie, I find it weird that he gained traction for his vote on Minish when funnier also did so earlier in the thread and didn't. I saw you said that post was prepared beforehand to make a girl joke, funnier, but do you also find the uneven focus strange despite you two doing basically the same thing?

What exactly do you mean, traction? Minish was confirmed innocent child and is literally never being lynched, but zachie didn't know because he hadn't read the OP.

I don't really see what my RVS vote has to do with it.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
What exactly do you mean, traction? Minish was confirmed innocent child and is literally never being lynched, but zachie didn't know because he hadn't read the OP.

I don't really see what my RVS vote has to do with it.

I mean that he became a legitimate wagon for what seemed like a newbie mistake. Not reading the OP is as innocent as RVS voting yet some people could not let it go.

funnier6

Courage~
All in the name of pressure.

Well, I am still wary of Deku after Jimmu's lynch, and I also have Mido as a suspect for being on the wagon. I want to hear some more thoughts from him about his thought process at EoD 1 as well as the answer to the question about Zachie's vote for Minish I just posted.

This feels like a long way of saying ''nothing''

It all feels seriously hedgey, the only thing keeping me from being completely sure about you is that you were way less obvious when you were SK but I still think lynching you is the best thing to do today.

funnier6

Courage~
I mean that he became a legitimate wagon for what seemed like a newbie mistake. Not reading the OP is as innocent as RVS voting yet some people could not let it go.

Oh I see, well I don't blame them tbh, I shot zachie last game for that exact sort of weirdness so I don't find either side scummy for it.

Btw zachie its day two and I haven't shot you! :D

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
This feels like a long way of saying ''nothing''

It all feels seriously hedgey, the only thing keeping me from being completely sure about you is that you were way less obvious when you were SK but I still think lynching you is the best thing to do today.

I can't truly be sure of anyone without a cop check, but these two stand out to me the most at the moment. I don't understand how you can claim I'm hedging when I'm one of the few to take concrete stances this game.

funnier6

Courage~
I can't truly be sure of anyone without a cop check, but these two stand out to me the most at the moment. I don't understand how you can claim I'm hedging when I'm one of the few to take concrete stances this game.

You've changed wagons more than anyone else and you call that a concrete stance?

But what I meant was I asked you what you got out of the lynch you wanted and all you can say is that it makes the other two people on your wagon suspicious which is about the least amount of information anyone could possibly get out of that.

Which makes it all the more easy to change your reads on deku and Mido in the future and thus the wishy washyness continues.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
You've changed wagons more than anyone else and you call that a concrete stance?

But what I meant was I asked you what you got out of the lynch you wanted and all you can say is that it makes the other two people on your wagon suspicious which is about the least amount of information anyone could possibly get out of that.

Which makes it all the more easy to change your reads on deku and Mido in the future and thus the wishy washyness continues.

I'm walking into today with one of the same suspicions I had yesterday.

The reason I changed votes at the last second was because I didn't want to get on a wagon with a stale RVS vote.

If I'm being truthful, I will say that I also liked that Mido at least tried to provide content, though I see I may have been potentially misled now.

And taking concrete positions doesn't mean taking permanent positions. It means taking a definitive stance and being proactive instead of sitting back and leaving lynches to RNG.

Of course my reads can change. I feel pretty confident about them now, but a good player needs to be able to reevaluate with info from lynches and cop checks. Sometimes old stances will remain relevant, as my suspicion of Deku persists, while others may develop anew, as Mido being on the Jimmu wagon raises my concern.

funnier6

Courage~
I'm walking into today with one of the same suspicions I had yesterday.

The reason I changed votes at the last second was because I didn't want to get on a wagon with a stale RVS vote.

If I'm being truthful, I will say that I also liked that Mido at least tried to provide content, though I see I may have been potentially misled now.

And taking concrete positions doesn't mean taking permanent positions. It means taking a definitive stance and being proactive instead of sitting back and leaving lynches to RNG.

Of course my reads can change. I feel pretty confident about them now, but a good player needs to be able to reevaluate with info from lynches and cop checks. Sometimes old stances will remain relevant, as my suspicion of Deku persists, while others may develop anew, as Mido being on the Jimmu wagon raises my concern.

I don't wanna argue with you all night so after this post I'ma sleep.

The wagon with a stale RVS vote would've given us more information than the wagon you chose without a stale RVS vote, the fact that a stale RVS vote was on it does not mean it's bad lynch. At the very least it was better than Jimmu's.

All that about deku is well and good, but being he isn't here yet I can't judge you on that.

No, not permanent, but if you truly had a concrete stance it should've taken a bit more to change your mind imo. Proactivity is nice, I'll agree with that.

But the thing about your reads is what are you going to do about them? I didn't see you voting deku or asking Mido pertinent questions. (You may have done both those things but I'm afraid I don't recall)

See everyone tomorrow. :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Mkay, I read both you and Jamie's isos and literally came up with nothing, you made one unmemorable comment about him and I don't think he talked about you at all.

Explain please?
What makes you consider this? If I recall right, you called upon Jamie to post more in the thread at one point. Does your concern relate to that, or is there something else adding to the concern? Now I have to do homework I've put off.
Just covering some bases in case Mafia wanted to use his NK to frame me. My comment was that "out of all the inactives, Jamie sticks out to me the most because he posted at the beginning of the Day but not since" or something along those lines. I could see them pulling that kind of stunt since I said a little bit before then that they could NK Alit to frame me or vice versa, so they chose another target that I happened to mention. Might be reaching here, but you gotta think like a Mafioso to beat one.

And how you can be sure there's even a vig in the game? Out of all the games I've played here the vig shot on night one exactly zero times. (Mkay I was only in two games with a vig I think but still)

I know you assumed roles were in the game in the first avatar game but this seems a little different, why so persecuted?
Persecuted? No idea what you mean there. But again, I'm just going by the list on the first page. Vigilante is one of the powers that could get doled out if Mafia chose a certain number. It should be safe to assume that one made it into the game even if chances are slim. And I don't know how Bok-Sama organized the selections, but if they did make it in then they either abstained from killing or missed the deadline.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Sorry for disappearing towards the end of the last day. I was busy at work and couldn't come in here.

I just caught up and hit the multi-quote button on several posts so let's see if I can remember why I quoted them! :D
Mido's post seems townie. Little to go on.

People aren't putting much stock into this, but it's showing me a willingness to rush to a lynch.

He's my vote.
Unvote
Vote: Zachie
See, I had a slight town lean on Zachie yesterday over the same thing that sparked this vote from Jamie. When I initially read it, I thought it looked like an attempt to save Mido. Just seemed a bit opportunistic to me, and I read it at first as an attempt to save a scum bud. With Jamie's death, this is now disproven, but it does leave me just a wee bit wary of Zachie (even though I still have a town lean on him, as I'll explain later on in this post).

@Mido What about my vote seemed opportunistic to you? There was a good amount of time in the day left, so I decided to put a wagon up in front so we could actually encourage you to play and see how others reacted to you being the lead wagon.
I actually kind of agree with Mido about that. A decent wagon had begun, so you jumped on. Instead of pressuring one of the other inactives, you put another vote on somebody who already had one. I mean, that's all good and fine, but it's important to note the way you worded your post in which you voted for him, since you made it clear that your vote was made with an intention to lynch Mido if he didn't come in and talk. What made Mido a better target than the other inactives?

The person standing out to me most right now is DekuNut. His post about waiting to see what information we get overnight is kinda odd to me. Usually I'm in the minority about not lynching day 1 if we have nothing to go off and waiting to let us find info from our power roles. And if I remember correctly, Deku usually has the opposite opinion and thinks that we should always lynch day 1 to get information. So that change in opinions definitely does have me concerned.
This I also agree with. I quoted Deku's post from day 1 and explained why I didn't like it. Even more suspect is the fact that he hasn't come in to say anything about it yet, when he's usually one of the more active players.

Although it's not the fact that Deku didn't do much Day 1 that caught my eye, it was the fact that he straight up stated he didn't want to do anything that day. It's really not townie behaviour, especially since the game had gotten serious by that point and there was plenty of great discussion going on at the time.

Unvote

Vote: Jimmu
This post obviously caught my eye when I noticed it. This vote was made with less than 1 minute left in the day, essentially guaranteeing Jimmu would be lynched instead of Mido. What exactly was it that made him a better lynch target? You really haven't explained it yet, aside from saying that Mido's late day posts made him look potentially more townie. There was, similarly, no real reason to suspect Jimmu over Mido. And do you not even find it strange that Mido was afk for most of the day and then only popped in at the very end of the day when the pressure was really on? The game had been past the RVS stage for a whole IRL day so there was plenty of time for him to come in and say something before he actually did.

Midos wagon-me ALIT Jamie pendio

ALIT jumps at the first opportunity then changes to deku nut who he finds scummy. That would be great if he didn't later suddenly decide to lynch Jimmu at the last minute insuring his lynch and not Midos.

He looks the worst

What it all boils down to is that ALIT was on the wagon and then jumps ship to try to lynch deku and when that doesn't go anywhere he suddenly decides to lynch Jimmu thus completely derailing the Mido lynch.
I agree with this as well. Alit's vote on Jimmu is very suspicious to me. However, it's not just because it looks like a blatant attempt to save Mido, I have another reason for suspecting Alit strongly which I will detail below.

Jimmu-dekunut Mido ALIT

Dekunut posted almost exclusively fluff and lynched Jimmu as activity pressure before saying he'd rather wait until day two before doing anything

He looks bad

Mido votes Jimmu because he believes Jimmu is trying to avoid being involved with his mislynch while not saying anything about self preservation, the vote itself I suppose could come from townie Mido but with Jimmus lack of posts I have a hard time believing anyone thought he was a better candidate than Mido. Since Mido chose him out of everyone else I'm going to want some more thoughts from him.

Mido himself doesn't look bad but the fact that we lynched a villager instead of him reflects harshly.

ALIT switches his vote from Mido to Deku, then when that fails to come to anything he apparently decides Mido is townie and Jimmu is not even though he's voting with the person he was just voting for!Not to mention practically saves Mido.

This makes so much zero sense I can barely think.

Between deku Mido and ALIT I think ALIT would be best to lynch as he's been so off the wall and I think we'd get the most information out of his flip.

Vote: A Link in Time

Another note: Sorry for poor spacing I should've checked that.
I'm very suspicious of all three of the people involved with the Jimmu lynch, and I think this post explains why fairly well. However, I am suspicious of Mido the least out of the three of them.

I had a lack of posts as well when the pressure voting started on myself, so I don't quite see the hierarchy of better candidates there if we're solely working off of a numbers game relating to post count. Unless of course you're referring to my eventual rise in posting after the wagon started, but I digress. I was wrong about Jimmu.

As far as my other thoughts are concerned aside from the elephant in the room (which I will get to below), I think Jamie's death is somewhat noteworthy given his aggressive pursuit of Zachie. I had a different take on Zachie from Jamie regarding his vote of Minish, but I do think there's some doubt to be had about the circumstances, especially if Jamie was killed to prevent further pressing of Zachie. One other thing was Zachie's refusal to participate in the final voting stage. Didn't look great, but it's something I also recall him doing as town in previous rounds, so it's something I want to consider again. I'm still a bit more mixed on the players who had not posted much yet like myself, namely ones like Pendio and Libk.
Honestly, while it's fairly small, I have a town lean on Zachie right now. Between his vote on Minish_Link and his recent suspicion on Jimmu, I just don't see a mafioso missing so many details. Mafia are normally far more attentive than that. If anything, the way he's playing makes me think he's just a Model Student and doesn't have any interesting abilities, since he doesn't seem as invested as he normally would.

I'm not discounting him as mafia by any means, I just don't see mafia playing this way.

I wanted to lynch Deku as my preferred choice yesterday, and I still find him a prime suspect going into today. Saying that we needed to go into the night and use powers to have any chance of game solving pinged me.

When I pinged the inactives to vote, I was not so subtly trying to push them onto Deku.

When I saw that I couldn't convince anyone else to vote Deku for me, I ultimately went onto Jimmu despite Deku voting for him because I felt it was the better play to make than to jump onto a wagon that still had an RVS vote. I could get potential info about Deku and Mido instead of just you on the Mido wagon (again, not counting Pendio because his vote was RVS).

Also, jumping on Mido is irrelevant because there were around 10 hours left in the day. That was more than enough time for people to get on and voice their opinions on the wagons. Instead, it was almost everyone doing nothing with a good chunk of people not voting at all.

All in the name of pressure.

Well, I am still wary of Deku after Jimmu's lynch, and I also have Mido as a suspect for being on the wagon. I want to hear some more thoughts from him about his thought process at EoD 1 as well as the answer to the question about Zachie's vote for Minish I just posted.
It seems a bit hypocritical to be suspicious of the people involved with Jimmu's lynch when your own vote was the most important vote since it actually solidified his lynch. Deku's vote seemingly came out of nowhere, but it's not like he put Jimmu in any kind of danger since all the votes were tied at that point. Mido's vote was quite obviously done to save himself. Your vote is, ironically, the most suspicious of the bunch to me since it came at the very last possible second, seemingly out of nowhere, and ensured Mido's survival and Jimmu's death.

So here's where I stand. I have a town lean on funnier, since his posting in general in this game has been a lot more townie than in the previous games (in the sense that he's actually contributing and presenting fair reads, and playing more aggressively than I've seen him before). I also have a small town lean on Zachie for the reasons I stated above.

Libk and Pendio I have absolutely nothing on. Both of them need to get in here and say something.

My suspicions lie in the three that participated in the Jimmu lynch.

In regards to DekuNut, I really really dislike the way he flat out said he was gonna sit the day out and see what the night brings. That kind of play is not helpful in the least, and it's even worse that he said it after the game had gotten serious. Like, I can understand not wanting to participate in Day 1 silliness, but the day 1 silliness was long past by that point. I also don't like how he said that after placing a pressure vote on an inactive. If you're going to pressure somebody for being inactive, then the least you can do is not be inactive yourself. The point of pressure votes are to get people talking, but what's the point of placing one if you're not even gonna be around to see their response? Also weird is the fact that he didn't remove it later when he came in to say he was just gonna let the day happen. Why keep your vote on if you're not gonna participate in the day?

Mido's vote is the least suspicious to me, at least in principle, since tying votes up to save yourself isn't inherently suspicious. However, I found the argument he used as a basis for his vote to be a bit lacking, as Jimmu's pressure vote seemed pretty fair to me. Mido's vote also seems a tad opportunistic, as it came shortly after his wagon dropped down to just two votes (allowing himself to place one to tie it up). I find it strange that he didn't vote until the opportunity arose for a potential self-save based on the vote counts.

I've said a lot about Alit already, so I don't have a whole lot to say here. I've stated why his Jimmu vote looked so suspicious. It was rather out of the blue, last second, and definitely solidified Jimmu's lynch (who is now confirmed to have been a townie). I don't find his explanations overly convincing, either. I'm still confused as to what exactly made Jimmu a better lynch than Mido overall. Even weirder is that his strongest suspicion was the first vote on that lynch. It just all seems strange.

I'm beginning to ponder the possibility of a connection between Alit and Deku. It is interesting that Alit was the only one to actually vote for him when he wasn't around much. I also pointed out that his latest post was weird, but Alit was the first to actually vote. And then, later, he unvoted to join a townie lynch that, funny enough, Deku himself was also a part of. I really can't help but wonder if Alit and Deku might be scumbuds, and Alit found his day

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
****, I accidentally pressed post too early. I'll just quote the last paragraph and finish it.

I'm beginning to ponder the possibility of a connection between Alit and Deku. It is interesting that Alit was the only one to actually vote for him when he wasn't around much. I also pointed out that his latest post was weird, but Alit was the first to actually vote. And then, later, he unvoted to join a townie lynch that, funny enough, Deku himself was also a part of. I really can't help but wonder if Alit and Deku might be scumbuds, and Alit found his day
...can't help but wonder if Alit and Deku might be scumbuds, and Alit found his day 1 actions scummy enough to justify an easy and subtle bus. I didn't think much of it before, until I noticed Alit joined a wagon that Deku was also involved in (which Alit himself pointed out, which was something I didn't think he needed to point out, since it seems rather defensive).

I can see an Alit - Deku team being fairly likely. I can also easily see an Alit - Mido team being likely, but I don't see all three of them being scum together because I doubt they'd all participate in a day 1 town lynch together.

Considering he is the common denominator here, Alit, is going to be the one to receive my vote.

Vote: A Link In Time

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
As for the players I didn't name, EMIYA and Minish, I don't have much of an opinion on either of them. I disagree with what Alit said about EMIYA earlier, and Minish looks solid to me. Both are playing relatively the same as they have in the past, although I would like to see some more activity from Minish. Her current activity level reminds me of last game, in which she was scum and made good posts but not a whole lot of them.

funnier6

Courage~
As for the players I didn't name, EMIYA and Minish, I don't have much of an opinion on either of them. I disagree with what Alit said about EMIYA earlier, and Minish looks solid to me. Both are playing relatively the same as they have in the past, although I would like to see some more activity from Minish. Her current activity level reminds me of last game, in which she was scum and made good posts but not a whole lot of them.

I know I said I was going to sleep but are you serious Mez, minish is the innocent child!

Don't worry I'm already mentally replying to your wall post, cya in the morning.

Zachie

Moo
Oh I see, well I don't blame them tbh, I shot zachie last game for that exact sort of weirdness so I don't find either side scummy for it.

Btw zachie its day two and I haven't shot you! :D
Are you confirming that you're Vigilante? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom