• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weird/ Funny Deaths

Has anybody died in a weird/funny way in zelda? I've died by the cat in skyward sword. I guess thats not to crazy but it's something. Anybody have any funny stories to tell? :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A funny way, if not cruel, to die in 3D Zelda games is to whip out a bomb, find a cliff and just jump off. I love doing this over and over again, even if its really cruel. xD

I once drowned while wearing the Zora Tunis in OoT. I'd glitched it in someway (It's been many years now) and I got stuck somewhere in the water temple, I saw the timer so I switched tunics and the game decided my punishment for trying to glitch it was death. Not exactly funny unless you're there but it was weird.

My rather incompetent friend has been playing through MM recently, and while in the well to get the Mirror Shield he came across two skulltulas. Instead of patiently waiting he managed to jump attack close enough so that when it did its own spin attack to counter Link's attack, Link wasn't sent flying in the same direction he usually goes.

No, that damn skulltula managed to toss him into his skulltula friend, who also countered with a spin attack. And they had a pleasant time volleying my friend to his death. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, Dead Man's Volley.

Mind you, my friend gathered up quite a few heart containers by this point in the game and this cursed volleying carried on THE WHOLE TIME!

This friend of mine has literally had the worst luck playing through any of these Zelda games, dying in really bizarre ways...guess that's why I let him play, haha.

Another one that happened (from recollection) is that instead of pausing the game to look at his phone he just put the controller down. Meanwhile a keese (or maybe it was a fire keese) was flying at him. I'm not sure how, but I guess where my friend was standing was in the same path that the keese was heading so when it ran into him it just kept pushing him slowly back. He didn't look up until he was at the edge of a cliff, but was so dumbfounded that he just watched the keese push him to his death.

S011_Large.jpg

This guy. In my recent run of Master Quest, on the way to death mountain for the first time I went to kill him. However, I accidentally grabbed onto the ledge underneath him and climbed up, which caused me to touch him, take damage and get knocked back down to the ledge. For some reason, I couldn't get the game to register I wanted to let go of the ledge - each time it just made me climb up, getting hit back down again, so I got stuck in a loop until I died. I didn't want the death on my save file, and I had forgotten to save since beating the Deku tree, so I had to redo everything up until then.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Death by Cucco is always hilarious to me. :D Aside from that, I remember one of the multiple times I played OoT, I went to Zora's Domain to play the Diving Game. I won, and then made my way back to the top to receive the Silver Scale. Once I got it, I jumped off the ledge again, however; this time, I didn't aim where I jumped, and ended up hitting a jagged rock instead of water. As I only had less than a heart left, I died.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Funniest for me? OOT that heart piece ontop of dodongos cavern i kept backflipping and missing got to two hearts left i decided to use a bomb see if that would help, well it work i was two steps from the heart container and got squished by a boulder.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
My funyest death was wene I fist played tp frist time geting out of the sewer i jumped that the birds to bite fell off the ledge.

Skunk

Floof
In PH I had half a heart left and Link ran over into the ocean where I didn't want him to. Hooray for derpy controls!

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
I got greedy in the Ancient Cistern for the silver rupees the statue was holding.... I wasnt quick enough and the damn hand killed me. The Husband and Boy Thing though it was hi-freaking-larious, I didnt. I needed the rupees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom