• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weather

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
So, I know that here in England it's pretty cold and for some reason in the middle of spring there is forcast for heavy snow...-.- but what's your weather report like? Snow or heatwaves let me know!:nod::wave:

Austin

Austin
Alternating between summery, warm temperatures to freezing rain. And I don't mean alternating between weeks, I mean days. I literally went to bed with rain pouring against my window and woke up around 11 to sun and flowers blooming. I think rapture is coming.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
It's still pretty chilly here. We've had a couple sunny days, but they're cold nonetheless. It's been raining the past week, though. :< I don't expect it to get much warmer until around May or June.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Still winter here. Well, sort of. It's been snowing off and on for several days, but it's not really sticking. Spring is sorta on its way...but it's not here yet!

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I dunno what it's doing here. Early spring always ends up with it being nice out for a few days, then it randomly snows for a bit, then it's nice, then it snows for a bit.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was 10 at lunchtime and went down to -5 two hours later and started to snow. :P
Hopefully in a month, spring will be here completely.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
So, I know that here in England it's pretty cold and for some reason in the middle of spring there is forcast for heavy snow...-.- but what's your weather report like? Snow or heatwaves let me know!:nod::wave:

Seriously?!?
I'd say your pretty lucky dude! I live in the south of England and we never get any snow at all, we're not very far above sea level and the air is far too salty. Having said that, We've had really nice summer weather for the last week! ^^

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Here most of the snow comes in spring anyway, and we've had some snow. However the last few days have started out very summer like, and then turned cloudy and cold by the afternoon. So the weather here is really random right now. And, as much as I love snow, I can't wait for it to be warm enough to get just rain instead of a little rain then tons of snow.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Where I live, in SW Germany, the last winter has been very strange.
November was too warm with a mean temp of 8.1°C/46.6°F (normally it's 5.7°C/42.3°F) and no day with frost at all.
The first half of December was the same, but the days around Dec 19 (mean temp on that day: -13°C/-8.6°F!) were unusually cold (record low was -17.4°C/0.4°F) and dry. It warmed up over the freezing point again around Christmas and until New Year.
Then it stayed cold and snowy all through January (mean temp. -1.9°C/28.6°F, a normal January is 2.3°C/36.1°F), I can't remember that I've ever seen so much snow in a winter in my whole life here, because usually winters here are either mild+rainy or cold+sunny but almost never snowy (Winters in which the snow cover doesn't even last 24 hrs are common, this time it lasted almost 2 months).
This weather then continued until the middle of February, the second half was a little warmer and the snow finally melted. Still February was too cold as well (1.4°C/34.5°F vs. 3.1°C/37.6°F).
March started rainy and quite cold too, with temperatures ranging between -5°C/23°F and 10°C/50°F. Last week it suddenly became very sunny and quite warm (we had 22.6°C/72.7°F on Thursday, yay, T-shirt time!) but since last weekend it's very cloudy and sometimes rainy again and the temperatures have gone back by a bit (highs between 10°C/50°F and 18°C/64.4°F). The forecast basically says it'll cool down a bit further and "rain, rain, rain" until the middle of next week :/

Another thing about last winter is that while total precipitation was actually a good bit lower than normal, overall we had very few sunshine hours compared to the average (+3.8% in Dec, -15.8% in Jan and -15.9% in Feb) and we don't have much sunshine to start with (1900 hrs/year). This made winter even darker, I didn't really like that too much

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Where I live, in SW Germany,
I was there last summer! :) I told my friends then, and I'll say it now, that's my sort of winter! Our winters usually last about 5-6 months. =\
My friend was in Germany last winter, and she was told that it was the coldest winter in about 20 years. Now, she was more Central-East.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Yeah, the farther east you go, the more continental the climate gets (colder winters and slightly warmer summers). Both the winters 2008/09 and 2009/10 were quite cold (that is, in our definition of "cold"), I actually liked the 2008/09 winter because while being cold it was very sunny all the time.
So do you have snow on the ground even now?

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Ah, okay. That makes sense.
There is still snow here, but most of it has melted. We may still get some more before summer, but it shouldn't be all too much. We've only really had snow since January, so I shouldn't complain. It was a really good winter.
Right now it's pleasant out. Probably about 5 or so. :)

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Seriously?!?
I'd say your pretty lucky dude! I live in the south of England and we never get any snow at all, we're not very far above sea level and the air is far too salty. Having said that, We've had really nice summer weather for the last week! ^^

Well, to be honest I live in The middle of England and I don't like snow because it never goes away and causes too many accidents, but I don't think the snow is coming after all, phew! :S

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Right now it's pleasant out. Probably about 5 or so. :)
Ha! So you actually have it better than me. Here it's 9:20 pm right now and it has dropped to 4.9°C/40.8°F and still slightly raining right now (it was raining like crazy some hours ago). See, that's what I don't like about March/April... First the weather makes you think that spring has finally come but then BAM - winter strikes back, so you have to change back from T-shirt to winter jacket again, it's so annoying.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Weather right now? How do I describe this...

It's a scorchy 35 Degrees Celsius and Heat in Increasing, there's not a cloud in the sky and There's No chance of rain for the next few days, maybe 2 weeks. It's Summer here and Summer means Hot Hot HOT! My definition of cold is a cool 24 Degrees Celsius. I live in the tropics so I would really really REALLY trade my place with anyone who experiences Snow. >.< Though i visit Japan a Lot I can't stay there long, Since School and Summer Vacation in the Philippines are totally different from America or japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom