• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Water Temples

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I think water temples are.pretty epic in the games that they are in. The Water Temple wasn't my favorite of OoT, but it definetly was a welcome challenge. The Lakebed Temple in TP was excellent in is atmosphere, but I'd argue it was more confusing than the Water Temple, for me at least. Mutoh's Temple of Pantom Hourglass wasn't so much of a challenge as it was insanely fun what with the dungeon item.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
I'll attempt to tell ya why it's so dang confusing (especially OoT Water Temple). The layout of the temple is challenging. There are many different rooms Link is able to start out in, which leads to a whole mess of things (this including the mix-up of the # of keys needed to complete the temple... people usually end up one key short). Usually in a temple, the layout leads Link to one or two rooms to start out from, and then it's common sense from there on out. Maybe in OoT, it was the familiarity of a simple layout that led them to have such a hard time in the Water Temple. This is just me though!

I never really saw why the Water Temples have a reputation for being so difficult. Sure, they are a bit more challenging than a lot of the other temples, but the have never really been that hard for me.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Sometimes Water Temples can be complicated and confusing. Especially getting the mechanics down in SS. And I wasn't fond of diving in games such as OoT.
If I do say so myself, regardless of the games I love the graphics, and dungeon layout is pretty cool too. ;)

Tictalk

Anouki
The infamous OoT water temple was a little difficult, but the Great Bay Temple is my favorite in the series because of it's complex puzzles and unique boss battle.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
It's not that they are hard or anything, it's just that they are more tedious than other temples and you need to take your time and to not overlook and to backtrack. Plus, I think just the fact that it's in water and you have to swim and not necessacarily walk alot has to do with it.

I actually don't find much of a problem with any of the water tempels, yea i still get lost from time to time but for the most part I'm not bothered by them except for in OOT when you have to keep pausing and unpausing to put on and take off your iron boots every few seconds, but even then the 3DS version made that a thing in the past so in which case I have no problem with the water tempels

L

Lord of Storms

I remember that the water temple actually caused me to stop playing for months when I was a kid. It was so frustrating playing Zelda's lullaby over and over to raise and lower the water temple and switch the iron boots on and off in OoT. SS's was strangely annoying as well, having to search around for the combination password and then going into some strange abyssal hell in order to get the master key. I thought it was extremely great (especially the zombie chase) but still, i commend Nintendo for keeping the Water Temple irritating yet still fun.

ZeldaAllDay

Fierce Deity
I dont really like the water temples and here's why:
The oot one had me troubled for ever, but now its not so hard
I hated everything about the MM one
I loved the TP one but i still wasnt a fan of the layout of the temple
They always just confuse me and are pretty hard

I’ve always really liked the water dungeons, definitely. The Water Temple in Ocarina of Time is quite high up on my list as a favorite dungeon in that game (for the record it’s long been my sister’s favorite dungeon of all). I never found it incredibly difficult and it surprised me when I found out that so many people seemed to have trouble with it. I mean, it presented a challenge, but in a good way without an over the top difficulty level in my opinion, and I also really enjoyed Dark Link, so it was a nice, memorable, and overall enjoyable dungeon for me.

The Great Bay temple on the other hand initially disturbed me a bit, honestly. I had more trouble with it than with other water dungeons, but I still think I probably found the Stone Tower Temple to be more difficult than Great Bay. Once I memorized the layout and familiarized myself more with the Great Bay temple, however, I was able to purge myself of my, well… being disturbed by it, and then I got a good amount of satisfaction from its challenges.

I liked the Lakebed Temple in Twilight Princess considerably, and I thought it was designed quite nicely. I remember it as being fun, although I actually found it fairly simple. Not too easy, but simple. However, the boss seriously freaked me out (same goes with Gyorg in Great Bay, too). I am not fond of things that try to eat me in the water. Really. Those things scare me horribly, although I know they shouldn’t.

Anyhow, to sum things up I certainly do enjoy the water dungeons of the game, and they always seem to rank among the highest of my favorite dungeons. I think for the most part they present a nice level of difficulty, generally not too terribly hard, but certainly not easy. I like them.

:>

Well the weird key issue tripped a lot of people up in OoT's Water Temple.

Majora's Mask was fun with the Fire/Ice arrow tactics, but I'd much prefer to battle Dark Link instead of WART :P

Looking back they were difficult, but when I played through OoT 3DS it was actually pretty easy. Actually I think the hardest Water Temple was the one in Majora's Mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom