• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Was Vaati Hard?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
lol ive actually never faught vaati before... I'm still trying to beat MC for the first time so I wouldn't know how hard he is. I expect he will only kill me once or twice, but I'm still really looking forward to it. It's one of those battles i can see on the horizon but just can't seem to get to. the anticipation is getting to me, he may be an easy boss but I hate him so much cause it's taken me so long to get where i am in MC and im still not at the boss yet. when I face vaati I know all that hatred will come to bare and I'll enjoy slaying him in the name of good =0

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I will admit that I am one of those people who say that Vatti is hard to beat. I've fought him at least a couple of times and on both times I thoroughly got my butt kicked. He's one of the those few final bad guys that I actually find hard to beat in the Zelda series which means that when I do finally beat him, it will give me a great feeling of accomplishment. :)

KrazyKyuubi

OH SNAPPLE
Narnia...And sometimes Pocket Asian's box
My brother was stuck on him for days, and he kept complaining about it so I stole his game and played it. Vaati was hard-ish, but compared to playing Twilight Princess in which I keep dying (those black things scare me to death...) Vaati was easy. He took me three tries, but I finally beat him and gave my brother back his game. I would have been happy, but he got angry at me...He started the game all over because I played it. D: He's so mean.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
HE WAS REALLY REALLY hard!!! I wasnt able to deafeat him, i had to use cheats, and even that way i was stuck in him like for weeks!

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
If you dont know what you're doing, he's hard. If you do know, he's hard-ish. After you get rid of his arms on his last form, then he's really easy. Reflect the lazars and BAM! RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

Vaati was, IMO, one of the hardest bosses in the game. The only other one that compares to me is the Big Octo. The thing about Vaati's difficulty is that it's something of an illusion since he has three forms. Is it really fair to say he's HARDER when he has more forms? Wouldn't you say he's longer and more about endurance? I suppose it counts as being harder, but IMO that's a little inaccurate.

I don't think his second or third forms are too bad, but his first form was really rough for me. I got hit a lot the first time.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Vaati really was one of the most difficult bosses in the game. Just getting to the boss was a pain, especially that timer when you have to kill the three darknuts. I had one time that I finally beat those darknuts and I proudly walked to the door. I was standing in front of it and bam, time's up and a game over screen >.<. Then there are the three forms, which makes the battle quite long and it is difficult to keep your health up. Especially the first form kicks health away in no time :(.

VergilDante100

Legendary Dark Knight
I'd have to say personally Vaati was a difficult boss since this was the first zelda that wasn't a port of a old game on the GBA at the time and all that, though i must admit his second and third forms were quite a challenge it was nowhere near as hard as the Twinrova fight in OOA to be quite bold.

Pikacondon

Title.
For me, Vaati was quite easy. I beat him on my second try- I kicked Vaati's butt in all 3 forms. Vaati Transfigured was a bit of an annoyance, but he wasn't hard , though.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Vaati was fairly hard considering it was a Gameboy game and that the DS Zelda titles were painfully easy compared to him. Once I'd figured out a strategy and got my health sorted I beat him in a couple of tries.

Shnappy

derp
At first, Vaati was definitely very difficult. This might have been due to my young age at the time (was probably 10 or 11), but I found myself resetting over and over again, but despite this repeated failure, I didn't find Vaati to be particularly frustrating. My hopes never got down, and it took me about 15 tries to finally get it. I think that the reason that I wasn't discouraged, or had the desire to through my GBA out the window, was that Vaati was a particularly enjoyable fight. The 3 stages added great deal of variety, and I never got bored of doing the same thing. Oh, and as a bonus, the music was pretty sweet. Once I finally beat him, I felt very accomplished, and as with most good games, disappointed that the fun was over.

Since then I have replayed the game a couple of times. The second time through, I believe it took three tries. On the third time through, Vaati was defeated with one try. It comes as no surprise to me that he became easier, because that's how games are in general. Practice makes perfect. If you play a game multiple times, in all likelihood you will get better. But in general, Vaati was more difficult than your average final boss; the only Zelda game boss that took me more tries was the Ganon of LttP. Although, despite the difficulty, Vaati was a very entertaining final boss that takes a long time to get bored of.

was he hard? It took me about three months to beat him, so I consider him hard, though I must say that my main problem was actually the three darknuts that come before him. Vaati WAS hard, but the enemies that come before him were harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom