• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Warrior, Rogue, or Mage?

Warrior, Rogue, or Mage?

• Warrior

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rogue

• Mage

• Other/Combination

• Total voters

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Most fantasy RPGs these days have characters fall into three basic classes:
  • Warriors - Those that rely on strength and usually wear heavy armor and focus on heavy weapons like two handed swords or axes.
  • Rogues - Relies on stealth and speed, usually wears light, or no, armor. Focuses on smaller, faster weapons like daggers or one handed swords.
  • Mages - Relies on magic, normally wears magic enhancing clothing or robes. Either uses pure magic attacks, or also uses a magic staff.

Many games have subclasses to these, and some, like Elder Scrolls, allow you to mix and match skills across classes.

Now for the question. Where do you most fall in line with? What do you most in fantasy RPGs?

I usually go for rogue. I enjoy stealth. Sneaking up on opponents and taking them unaware. Most games I go with the rogue, or equivalent, class. Though in my latest run of Skyrim I played as a mage and I like that a lot. I see each class having its advantages. But it tends to be rogue most often for me.

I'm going to have to go with rogue. Mainly because of my experiences with Oblivion and Skyrim. I just love sneaking around and getting critical hits on enemies.

I usually like to assume the role of damage dealer, and the Rogue job class is among my favorites. In many RPGs this class can be related to (or referred to as) Ninjas or Thieves. I've always preferred speed, stealth, agility, and accuracy - the ability to steal items from the enemy is an added bonus to the Thief job class - over tanks with high defense and power stats. The cons to this class - low damage output, lower defense, etc. - have never really had a negative effect on me, as I've learned to adapt to them, and use its pros to my advantage in battle. All it takes is the proper equipment (though, armor is not typically allowed in the Ninja class), particularly those that enhance power and defense, to enhance a Rogue-like character's negative stats.

Well on Skyrim which is what I'm basing my opinion off of I'm duel wielding warrior which I like a lot.

Recently I'm trying to take a more sneak approach to the game as I go through the Dark Brotherhood Quest Line. I say I definitley prefer the warrior over the rogue but I can see the advantages as a rougue and why people like them so much.

As for mages, they seem bland to me. My first take at Skyrim I was a mage and it seemed that they were limited in what they could do. To be fair I never messed with Conjuration Spells whcih apparently is the cool thing to do when you're mage although I still don't find it attractive. Once I go through the College of Winterhold Quest Line I'll try out mage and see if I like it anymore than I did before.

I really like a combination of warrior and mage's skills. I like it when I have 1-2 mages using defensive and healing spells while my warriors use their skills to defeat my opponents.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
combo. I love being a mage warrior. It allows you to shoot fire and conjure allies while when they get too close you can use a one -handed weapon while using fire. I like fire. Just to see things burn, and burn and burn. All things will fade to ash... anyway a mage warrior is awesome.

I enjoy playing the Thief/Rogue type in role playing games. Especially in Oblivion and Skyrim, I think it's more realistic and fun to sneak around and take out enemies from the shadows. In World of Warcraft though I used to play a Warlock

Defiantly Ranger.I was never into magic or mage in video games,and im not a warrior person.Rouge would be ok but when you give me an "other" option I pick ranger.I would pick ranger because I was always good with bows and ranged wepons;Im a quite, low profile person too so I don't care about all the glory the warrior gets

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom