• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Warning Possible Spoiler!? Hyrule Castles Secret Graveyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I was surprised when I saw that no one had created a thread for this so I thought I may as well be the one to spill the beans lol. anyway i just beat TP again, i may have mentioned this in some other threads but i was able to uncover much more about the game this time around and finally got into a part of hyrule castle that i previously had no idea how to get there.

It's called the Hyrule Castle Graveyard and it is now one of my most favorite parts in the whole game though it isn't required that you go there (you can still get to the game boss), i'll post a vid so you guys can see how to get there at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUv7iNDeeuI&feature=related

Anyway there are a few things in this area that are esspecially important to note, two of the graves there are readable and say something to the effect of stop the rain, and the cursed warrior rests beneath the tree. im not going to go into great detail on this subject because it is much better if you experience it for yourself. But the cursed warrior is obviously the heroes shade and it is neat to know that he was buried in Hyrule Castle.

also A LOT of undead and skeletons come out of the ground here, this is probably the main reason i lke this area so much, plus dead hylian soldiers stand around here when you check it out with your wolf sense.

if you have the time and never could figure out how to get to this area of the game i urge you to try it out. it adds a bit of lore to the tale that is TP.

Ah yes, the place where you can get the last key to unlock that door at the top of the Castle right next to the Boss door. I had NO idea this existed until I was just randomly looking up Zelda videos on YouTube, and I thought that locked door was some kind of completion reward, like you needed all equipment upgrades and heart pieces to unlock it or something. But man, I never noticed a grave there! And I never took time to really examine any of either! The possibility that the Hero's Shad was indeed buried in the Castle graveyard is very interesting. Like you mentioned, the redeads and stalfos were a nice touch to the freaky atmosphere, and I've always loved the raining affect on the outside of the Castle. I also liked how the Dominion Rod puzzle was actually quite challenging. Nothing mind-bending, but I actually had to think that time.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I remeber the graveyard! I found it during my first play through of Tp I found it because I needed a small key and didn't know there was an extra to the treasure room. I did like that the hero's shade was buried there I went back when I beat Tp to see if I could find the hero's shade to see if you could talk to himafter you learn all the hidden skills or something, but you can't it was a ittle creepy, but was a nice little extra piece that the programmers added. (good job nintendo ;))

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
That was a very cool addition to the game. It seemed a bit odd to me that it was such a late inclusion (by which I mean so far into the story), but then Hyrule Castle isn't open to you until the end, so I suppose it made sense.

It would have been nice to speak to the Hero's Shade one more time at this location. Not to learn anything more, but just to wrap things up a bit I suppose. A little closure on just who he was and how he got there would have been icing on the cake.

Still, it was a great place to visit. I didn't really think anything of the Hero's Shade being any specific Link up to this point, but for some reason standing there seemed a bit moving. Like that was me from a previous game in the ground.

It was kind of like walking on your own grave... Creepy stuff.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Hyrule Castle in general in TP is my fav place out of any Zelda games due to how well made it looks and how real it feels.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I always went in there as I thought you had to. Huh. Didn't realise you could skip it.
Well, I liked the area, I just didn't like whatever it was you had to do there (I can't remember what that was as it's been a while). But what is this Hero's Shade you're talking about?

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I remember going in there one time when I first played through that part in the game, but I don't think I ever found the key to that door in the Castle until I went in there for a second time when I realized that I had never fully explored that area. :xd:

I, too, also thought of the Hero's Shade being the "cursed warrior" that was buried there under the tree. It's something very interesting to think about.

But what is this Hero's Shade you're talking about?

The Hero's Shade is the Golden Wolf/Warrior that teaches you the Hidden Skills in TP.

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
Wow, i r nub, I can't believe I didn't know about that place.. I was wondering where the heck the final key is. I was all.. What b in da room man!

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I remember going in the graveyard my first playthrough. It was nice that there were different ways to complete Hyrule Castle, I choose to both fight the Bulblin King and go through the graveyard though because I just had to explore everything outside before even walking inside the castle.

In the graveyard I remember running around a bit, and then I turned into a wolf and used my sences. I ran into one of those ghosts that point at puzzle solutions, I was really suprised. I was completely freaked out, I really wasn't expecting any ghosts in the graveyard. :P (What's wrong with me? It WAS a graveyard after all...)

I never considered that the cursed warrior could be the Hero's Shade, that is something quite interesting to think about.

Aha! I never could figure out how to get into there! Thanks for showing me how! ^^

I had heard about Hyrule Castle's "Secret Graveyard" before, and about some of the story hints found there, but I never got the opportunity to see it for myself.

It sounds like an interesting part of the game, and I can't wait to see it for myself! :)

R

Rvby

That place is really cool. It took me a LONG time to find it though.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Entertainingly, I found the graveyard before I found the mini boss fight.
In fact, I never found the mini boss fight until I attempted to get into that last room.

All because I took the left path before I took the right path.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I never knew about that place. That's pretty cool. If I ever play TP again (pfft, doubt it) I'll have to check it out.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I stumbled upon this Grabveyard while exploring Hyrule Castle (game was not completed yet).
At first, I just thought it was another area to be explored, but after transforming into a wolf, I saw the spirits pointing to the Grave of the "Fallen Hero".

I thought this was a nice add on to the game, it makes the story deeper, and sparks many theories and ideas, such as, "Was the Fallen Hero a previous Link?"
Very interesting stuff indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom