• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

War of the Web Browsers

What Web Browser do you use?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firefox

• Google Chrome

• Other (post to specify)

• Total voters

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Alright, today a question came to my mind. What Internet Browsers do the various people here at ZeldaDungeon use? Obviously you can see what I'm asking. What Web Browsers do you guys use?

As for me, I've tested out Firefox lately and I think it's safe to say I'll be sticking with Internet Explorer. Firefox is just way too inconvenient for me, lol. It's ironic that I think IE is great while Firefox is bad. To each his own, I guess.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Big milestone recently: IE in the past week or so has lost it's hold on the majority of internet users.
They still have more than anyone else, but they are now somewhere around 49.7% users but it's still dropping.

I've been through them all. I'll go through each in order of my least favorite to favorite:

Google Chrome: It's fun and all and appeals to teenage girls...and google whores...
I don't use it because it's owned by google, one of the most invasive corporations of all time who have access to all e-mails of all g-mail users, everything you search the internet for and they make money off of it all. I'm not really down with that.

Firefox: I've had some issues with it crashing. I don't like the way it's set up really. Just personal preference.

Internet Explorer: It works good, it doesn't crash that often, it's waaaay more user friendly than the others and it runs flash better than the other programs and that's what causes them to crash. Unfortunately they don't support HTML5 (which is basically a way to render without another plugin i.e. Flash) so they're behind in that category.

Safari (+webkit): I use it. It's the best combo of user friendly, functionality and forward thinking.

Zarom

The King
Myself, I use Internet Explorer the most. I have Firefox too and I've tried it, but I don't like the design too much. Like The Green said, IE is more user friendly, and well, I simply think it has the best interface. Also, for me, IE goes a tiny bit faster than Firefox. Not a meaningful difference, but anyway. I've had a few problems with FF too.

I haven't tried Google Chrome or any other web browser. As of now, I'll stick with IE. It does an excellent job for me.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I use Firefox several years now and I think it works a lot better than IE. I like that you can customize the browser with a lot of add-ons and that you can put links of your favorite websites below the standard address bar. Firefox is way faster than IE on my laptop, so that is a big plus too. Firefox can also have its annoying moments, especially when I have to use blackboard it can crash a lot. Nevertheless I think it is a very good browser :).

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I use Internet Explorer and most of the time is is reliable. I have used Firefox in the past and it is better but my computer doesn't have Firefox. I have found Internet Explorer a bit tedious sometimes. But most browsers have small problems.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
My vote would be all of the above, I guess. (Except I've never tried Safari.)

Internet Explorer - I use this at work and at home to work on specific work projects. I particularly need the function to open a site in Windows Explorer so it won't be going away soon.

Firefox - I use this with its ad blocker most often for personal browsing. Though it can be resource intensive. I like some of its functions, though I'm sure I could get the same with another browser if I looked.

Chrome - I don't notice the difference in speed on my relatively new desktop, but I still have a very old laptop that I like to use from time to time, and it needs a "light" browser, otherwise it takes too long to do anything on it. Chrome really is the fastest on that.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Well I use Google Chrome because I get these awesome themes for my bowser.And I sometimes do not like it because of it not working or my internet has gone down for most of the times.But I do not feel safe with Google Chrome because of Google I hate their new image search I tried to get back of using Internet Explore its fun and easy and does not give me a rough time. But as the same of Google Chrome I just hate Google Chrome but if I want to get on Facebook for example on Internet Explore I can not Talk to my Friends I always have to use Google Chrome I tried to download Firefox but my mom said I can not because it takes all the room in my computer.If I get my own I won't be using Google Chrome.

So I think I will go back to using Internet Explore since I like I said it does not give me a rough time. But I had the newer version of Internet Explore but my computer crash because I think Google mess mine up I am not very happy with Google anymore like I use to but now I just simply HATE it.Well for my opinion Google needs to change some of their sites to make them better.But I have this big problem they had sent me junk mail through my Gmail I had to delete them I just hate what they had done to my own email well to me it sounds like they are hacking me. I have a new email that I feel safe Yahoo.

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
Safari is one of my favorites, only because it is the only one I could use-while on my dad's mac. :lol:
Very simple to use (like most apple operating systems) and it has everything that I ever need to browse the internet. ^^

I use both Firefox and Chrome.

Firefox --Is a good browser, and it's usually pretty fast on my computer, not to mention the added bonus of customizing it with add-ons. It's better for what I do online than Chrome is, so I use Firefox more.

Chrome-- Also not a horrible browser, it's fast and lightweight and lacks the bulky-ness that Firefox has. So, if your computer was older and slow, Chrome would be a good option. Chrome also has add-ons so that you can customize it. The add-ons aren't as good as Firefox, but they're decently okay.

I like chrome best because IE is very slow on my computer, and Firefox crashes a lot for some reason. Chrome is lacking a lot of the stuff that FF and IE have, but I make do with what it does have rather than complaining about the defects.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
You can put links of your favorite websites below the standard address bar.
You can do this in IEnow too! :)

I think that since IE has been losing users, they've started to updateand improve their software. They've added simple things like safari's bookmark bar and they're also becoming more forward thinking. As I think I've said the IE9 beta version features HTML5 capability (but it crashes like crazy of course). If they keep itup they are going to win me back. :)

on the topic of customization, I'm sort of upset that so many people need it extend to the border on their bowser :(. I really think that my top sites and bookmarks are enough personalization and I don't need to rely on someone else's background design. Just a personal preference I guess.

Last edited:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I've been a Firefox user for a long time, even back in the days when IE was the dominant platform, back when it was only available as part of Mozilla suite and was in Beta. I remember when they restructured things, and released this application first as Phoenix, then as Firebird, and finally as Firefox due to copyright/trademark issues.

There's a lot of nostalgia associated with Firefox for me. I remember campaigning against Microsoft in a time when that was unthinkable. Now Firefox is a very common browser. I'm proud to have been an early adopter.

Firefox has become a bit... bloated lately, although the Gecko engine itself is still very good. I've been considering switching to a lighter-weight browser like K-Meleon, but I enjoy all the extra functionality in Firefox, and my computer is more than capable of running Firefox at full speed, so it's not a pressing need.

Last edited:
I totally forgot about Firebird until you mentioned it. Man, now I feel old school.

Still a Firefox fangirl, after all these years. I haven't tried Chrome, mainly because I have no issue with my old faithful Firefox. When I switched to a Mac I used Safari for a while, but it was considerably slower. So why mess with something that works? Firefox it is.

figthersword

Hylian Coward
Alright, today a question came to my mind. What Internet Browsers do the various people here at ZeldaDungeon use? Obviously you can see what I'm asking. What Web Browsers do you guys use?

As for me, I've tested out Firefox lately and I think it's safe to say I'll be sticking with Internet Explorer. Firefox is just way too inconvenient for me, lol. It's ironic that I think IE is great while Firefox is bad. To each his own, I guess.

Anyway my opinion in this thread is simple. I've choose Google Chrome because it's light weight in my operating system, However when it comes to the supported applications like java i would prefer to use a firefox.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom