• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"Violet Red" Crayons

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Now, I was very artistic as a child. And due to this, I had a TON of crayons. I used them all the time. Between drawing and watching cartoons, I didn't do much. Now, I used red crayons a lot. I didn't really notice at the time, but I apparently used them enough that I lost/used up/broke them all the time, causing a lack of red crayons. Now, I would always be searching through them, be them in a box, or in a small bin. And all the time, I would run into a BILLION "Violet Red" colored crayons. What's the problem with this? I was constantly disheartened by them, because I would mistake them for reds. I would pick one up and read the label, hoping for the word "Red", but no. I got "Violet Red". As you can see, I have a bad history with these.
Now please use this thread to discuss your history with this crayon, or any bad history with other colored crayons.

This thread is about the Violet Red Crayola crayon. If you do not know of the specific color I am referring to, here is some information:
Hex color code: #F75394
RGB: (247, 83, 148)
Year first issued: 1949

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I always look for red crayons/feltips etc. And when I do find a red feltip, it is actually a different coloured pen with a red lid ontop.

And you luckily had the intelligence e.o I always used to draw when I was younger. (Do it often now, but sometimes it's virtual, like my avvy :P) and I had the same problem. I never looked at the label and went into drawing, only to realize the flower I was drawing was more pink than red.

Well, talking about drawings, I have a whole bunch of my artwork from my years 0-7. I've still got that picture of my mum that makes her looked like "Because I am bothered" with chunky lips. And I written a small line at the bottom
"M mum is beautiful, she has spots on her face"

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Am I also the only one here who had trouble in those weak, innocent days, with finding black crayons? I remember it like it was yesterday... being forced to resort to gray crayons, all because the black ones all got used up...

First of all it's called Red Violet, not Violet Red, and secondly... I usually never had this problem with my red crayons... for me it was always with blue and blue violet. Oh, gawsh... it seems just the color violet is stealthy enough to hide beneath the richest and most beautiful colors, tricking our eyes so that we may accidentally draw with a violet-tainted crayon.

I've never seen anything quite like this with other drawing utensils--except with those extremely large sets of PrismaColor Colored Pencils, but perhaps it is because violet on the light spectrum is evil cancer-causing ultraviolet light, so on the color spectrum, it is evil picture-ruining violet in disguise.

We meet again, Nyan kitty.

So these Violet Red or Red Violet however you want to term it crayons have been an incessant problem in my life. Same goes for Red Orange but that's a topic for another day...

This thing ruined my life! D:

116-red-violet-crayon.jpg

Do you see it? This crayon is the reason why I love Tac Nyan over Nyan Cat, why I developed ADD, why I love to listen to Justin Bieber. I have never been color blind in my life, however, one summer afternoon in late 2000, I reached in to the crayola coloring bucket to take a out a Red crayon. I had always been big on coloring and often sat on the porch to do so during my early youth. My ignorance in that moment forever changed the course of my life. I took out a Violet Red crayon, forever hampering me and ruining my masterpiece which was clearly set to overtake the Mona Lisa. Crayola was sued, I gots me my moneys, and drawing as well as art in general forever came to be a strong distaste of mine.

Every time I woulod pick up a crayon, it would end up breaking in two the first 3 minutes :cool:

Back when I still colored in coloring books, I was trying to color Spiderman. Like always, I started by coloring the blue parts. After that, I grabbed a red. Now, because I was like 4 years old, I didn't try to color in the lines. So without looking, I start scribbling all over Spiderman with what I thought was a red crayon. Turns out it was violet red. I cried, got mad, smashed my head on the wall, and ripped up the picture. Worst coloring experience of my life.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I hear you on that. It's like you just want the regular ole color "red", but you end up finding everything but that. As far as the "Violet Red" Cryaon, I actually laughed the first time I seen that. I couldn't help myself and I was like you got to be kidding me. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom