• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 59!

What are your expectations on Zelda Wii U?

• Low

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medium

• High

• Don't have any yet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I didn't say just glitching. Yes, you can sneak past the system sometimes, but the games still weren't developed in a non-linear way.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
my expectations are extremely high it time to put up or shut up with this franchise. if the final jump to an HD system is a total failure, the its time to give it up we got like 16 other great Zelda games to play!

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
My expectations are low, because Nintendo doesn't make alot of sense right now, and its hard to hold hopes for anything at the moment. At least if its a great game, I'll be pleasantly surprised, if its not, then well there are other franchises to take my money else where.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I don't even care that we know nothing about the game yet, I still have incredibly high hopes for it. Brand new HD Zelda title on a new console? Hell to the yes

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
looking at the **** nintendo is pulling nowadays,and also w/ skyward sword being extremely overhyped [i liked it,but i was disappointed]
my expectations are about as low as can be,we're getting a zelda game....thats all i know

SS was a great game, despite Ghirahim's existence.

can't say it any better myself

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
I didn't say just glitching. Yes, you can sneak past the system sometimes, but the games still weren't developed in a non-linear way.
I'm sorry but one last thing, all Zelda games, including Loz and alttp tell you the "correct" order, it's the later ones that don't give you the option to change it.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have to add that hopes don't exactly equal expectations. I have a lot of hopes for ZeldaU, but they're actually pretty ridiculous. On the flipside, I expect everything bad to be in store for ZeldaU - from linearity to some nonsense romance, from lack of magic to highly formulaic battles, and even from TWW/TP/SS easiness to more pawn villains. :I

Salem

SICK
I'd prefer we just hope for the best, I don't like having a pessimistic outlook on the game, even if my expectations gets crushed, at least that no where near as bad as having low expectations of game from a franchise I hold dear.

DarkestLink

I'm sorry but one last thing, all Zelda games, including Loz and alttp tell you the "correct" order, it's the later ones that don't give you the option to change it.

I know that...the difference was, the games were designed to be done in any order. From LA and onwards the games were developed with a linear order in mind...players have just be able to sneak past it with a few unforeseen trick...which is why each title got more and more linear as the developers combated this.

Salem

SICK
I know that...the difference was, the games were designed to be done in any order. From LA and onwards the games were developed with a linear order in mind...players have just be able to sneak past it with a few unforeseen trick...which is why each title got more and more linear as the developers combated this.
I don't know they already gave us mixed messages about the orders of the dungeon in OoT, so I;m inclined to think they inteded to give us some flexibility in choosing wither to tackle the Fire temple or Forest, or more obviously Spirit or Shadow, I think in OoT at least it wasn't sneaking as you describe it. Besides, it didn't hurt to have the flexibility we had back then, again talking about OoT, it doesn't affect one player how other player play with dungeon orders. Okay, I'm done with this topic in this thread, I don't want to derail it, my apologies.

DarkestLink

Aonuma's scaring the hell out of me...it sounds like he plans to officially kill off the series. It's OoT all over again. I think the current Zelda is better than the old Zelda, but aside from name, I'd hardly call it the same series. I don't get why they feel the need to abolish what the series stands for...if he wants to change it so much, why not just make a new IP? Miyamoto seems to have the right idea with creating a new one...I just don't get why Aonuma doesn't try to do the same. This way we could have both series.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Aonuma's scaring the hell out of me...it sounds like he plans to officially kill off the series. It's OoT all over again.

So contradictory. Sooo contradictory. OoT did nothing but keep the series in shape, and we eventually got the stuff we have today. I do not see how changing the formula is remotely killing the series. Did SS kill the series - it changed the formula pretty significantly after all. How about MM? TWW? The point is, none of the games you could list that we have today have killed the series. And even if you could, it sure as hell wasn't OoT. :I

DarkestLink

@Ventus

Yeah...I would say OoT killed the series. Games since OoT are nothing close to what Zelda originally was. It's a whole new series that still calls itself Zelda. Personally, I think this new series is better...but outside of it's name, it doesn't feel remotely similar to the original four games. I feel it would be better if they had just made a new series of a spin off series starting with OoT and then keep the original Zelda series going with the original formula....and only kill it when it starts to fail.

You can use "replace" instead of "kill", if you want, but it's the same to me.

Besides being 3D, OoT wasn't all that different than the previous two games. Some people go so far as to call it ALttP 3D. In that regard, ALttP was a natural step up from the original game. Really, just going down the line there is a natural progression in the series, and no one magic game where it all changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom