• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 59!

What are your expectations on Zelda Wii U?

• Low

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medium

• High

• Don't have any yet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winner: Yes, but not every song (34.62%)
This week's question: What are your expectations on Zelda Wii U?
Low
Medium
High
Don't have any yet

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I don't have any yet. We haven't even seen any footage or anything saying anything about it (Don't say the tech demo. That's simply a tech demo.) So, yeah.

DarkLink17

Well then
I have pretty mid-range expectations for the upcoming game. I really want to see the art style of TP return, but with some of the gameplay mechanics of SS.

Once some official trailers and screenshots of the game actually appear, it might change the way I think.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have very low expectations. After Skyward Sword and Wind Waker HD, I just don't have any real faith in ZeldaU. What I'm hoping for: Tech Demo graphics. What we're likely to get? Kingdom Shader. >_>

What I'm hoping for: OoT3.0. What we're likely to get? Skyward Sword 2.0. >_>

Yes, very low expectations. Almost non-existent.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have very low expectations. After Skyward Sword and Wind Waker HD, I just don't have any real faith in ZeldaU. What I'm hoping for: Tech Demo graphics. What we're likely to get? Kingdom Shader. >_>

What I'm hoping for: OoT3.0. What we're likely to get? Skyward Sword 2.0. >_>

Yes, very low expectations. Almost non-existent.

I will hold you on that.

Name your price!

I have high expectations for this game. I am expecting a Twilight Princess style game that takes full advantage of the Wii U's HD capabilities.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm going to say low...mainly because non-linearity sounds like such an awful reintroduction...but...seeing how good the series has been lately...I'll have some faith...

Salem

SICK
Maybe I'll wait for gameplay footage first?

I'm going to say low...mainly because non-linearity sounds like such an awful reintroduction...but...seeing how good the series has been lately...I'll have some faith...
I think it's a great thing to reintroduce, it was missing since TP, you might even like it.

Mido

Version 1
I have to say, my expectations for Zelda U are hit-or-miss on this one, which is why I'm going with a "medium" class expectation for the game.

To be honest, I'm not expecting too much out of this one, not because I don't think it will do anything special on this game, but because I'm a bit puzzled on which direction Nintendo will take with the game. Now, like many of you all said, with Wind Waker HD already on the ropes, I am hoping for the more-realistic art style to return. To add to my personal wishes here, I don't want the game to be dark, but a balanced sort of tone, like OOT. Gameplay, I think is where the game has the most potential, and it is also where I find the big ambiguity for the game: the direction can go anywhere. If the graphical style doesn't insinuate rage inside the fanbase, the game changer will be in the form of the gameplay, innovative, or not. To be honest, I'm not too well informed on current Zelda U news as of late, so I can't bet on it anyhow. Due to my puzzled state of mind on the matter, I am more in the middle ground when it comes to expectations for the game.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Come now, weren't most of you ranting about how great SS was a matter of months ago? SS was a great game, despite Ghirahim's existence. Every major 3D game has brought new charms, and I see no reason why this trend won't continue.

Salem

SICK
I voted "Don't have any yet" I'll wait for a gameplay demo to hype myself first, right now, I don't know what to make of the game.

DarkestLink

I think it's a great thing to reintroduce, it was missing since TP, you might even like it.

It's been missing since LA...and that's why I sorta doubt Aonuma will actually do it. He came into the series when it was linear and I'm not sure if he will be able to go non-linear...it may just be too far out of his comfort zone.

Salem

SICK
It's been missing since LA...and that's why I sorta doubt Aonuma will actually do it. He came into the series when it was linear and I'm not sure if he will be able to go non-linear...it may just be too far out of his comfort zone.
I don't want to get into this again, MM was the last console title to give us choice of dungeon, I mentioned it in a previous post, also just because it's outside of his comfort zone doesn't mean he won't attempt it. It's possible he doesn't want to restrict himself to one style or something.

DarkestLink

@Sroa Link

I know what you consider non-linear. I just don't follow by that ideal that glitching and sneaking past the system is non-linear. Regardless of how you can get past it, the games were developed in a linear format.

Will he make the attempt? Definitely. Will he succeed? I dunno...he might end up discovering the unforeseen issues with non-linearity and just decide it's not worth it. I mean, in the end, his "multiplayer" statement, was nearly as game changing as we thought it'd be.

Salem

SICK
@Sroa Link

I know what you consider non-linear. I just don't follow by that ideal that glitching and sneaking past the system is non-linear. Regardless of how you can get past it, the games were developed in a linear format.

Will he make the attempt? Definitely. Will he succeed? I dunno...he might end up discovering the unforeseen issues with non-linearity and just decide it's not worth it. I mean, in the end, his "multiplayer" statement, was nearly as game changing as we thought it'd be.

When I mentioned non linear, non of the games and examples of dungeon choice that that I had in mind involved glitching, we've been through this before look it up in the Internet if you don't believe me.

As for Aonuma? I personily hope he makes the game like Super Maro 64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom