• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 29!

Would you like to see the Ocarina again in a future game?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
While the ocarina was a cool instrument, I agree with HyruleHistory10. I feel Nintendo should try to use other instruments before going back to old ones. I wouldn't mind seeing it again, but just not right now.

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Well, I say yes, because all other intruments have failed to bring back the fun experimental of just playing with the Ocarina, but also the beautiful songs. The spirit flute came close to this but we steered way off track with the harp

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I never actually thought about this till I read the question, but it is definitely an interesting concept. I don't think it would hurt that much, so why not.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I say yes, because it was the most convenient of instruments.

This is pretty much my response. The Ocarina is the most convenient of instruments; it isn't hyped up to be something great, or to have some amazing significance in the plot because it always is something useful. Have the Ocarina (don't care if it's of Time, Fairy Ocarina, or what) return in another game please. :)

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I think they should bring it back, but change the ways you use it in. Maybe it could be used to buff Link, like a battle song to do more damage for a few seconds, or a healing song that restores health over time

Personally since Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda game I played I kind of associate ocarinas in general with Zelda. I'd also even like the idea of a game that shows what happened with the Ocarina after Zelda took it from Link and sent him back. The game wouldn't feature Link obviously, but they could flesh out something in the timeline besides what Link goes where. I dunno maybe a good idea in the future I dunno. It could even explain how Ganon got out and helped bring about the floods of Hyrule like maybe someone got a hold of the Ocarina and opened the seal by accident. I've always wondered how Ganon always breaks free after all.

I would say no.

OOT was a wonderful game no doubt(my first Zelda game) But the ocarina was unique to that game, and should be unique to ONLY THAT GAME. Bringing it back would make it be too much like OOT since the ocarina was so plot involved in that game, there is just no possible way of bringing it back as the main instrument without it seeming like a rehash.

The only way I can see it being in a future is if it wasn't the main instrument, like it was just an Easter egg, or maybe be mentioned for plot relevance, like if it was needed for an explanation of Zelda history in a game. But to reuse the instrument I think would be too repetitive.

Zelda needs to stay fresh, bringing back an old in instrument for nostalgic's sake isn't going to help with that.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I would like to see it return or at least another instrument that functions the same. Wind waker tried, but lets face it, a conductors wand isn't nearly as fun as actually playing music, spirit flute ANGERS ME I DIND"T BLOW THAT FD(&(*&*(& NOTE TWICE JUST LET THE SONG BE PLAYED SO I CAN BE DONE WITH THIST SUPIT PART AKLJASDKLJASKLDJALSKJD, and it wasn't just a single button action item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom