• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Veteran's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Since most public schools are off today because it's Veteran's Day I've decided to post a Thread with a Question.

How many Veteran's are in your family and what they did to help in the war(s) they were in there 3 in mine.

I'm wanna hear from people outside of America also if they want to post.

My Uncle was Fed Ex airplane pilot(they used to them as a disguise to transport Top Secret info.) Vietnam War

My grandfather(whom I live with) Helped carry some copied blueprints of the Bombs dropped on Japan and his convoy was attacked.(WW 2)

Moderator's close this Thread tomorrow or there after.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
To my knowledge I only had one who actually was a Veteran (My ancestry on both parents' sides go back to the 18th century, so I'm sure others in my bloodline served in pre-20th century wars) ... My great uncle served in WW2, stationed over on Saipan. He died when I was about 6 or 7, so I never got the chance to ask him of any stories he had from his service during the war.

My dad was in the USAF during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and had Kennedy given the green light for military action he would've been among the first to go. In fact they were on a plane, literally waiting for JFK to give the OK.

My uncle was drafted during the Vietnam War, but he was exempt due to being the only son to carry the surname.

Please tell your Uncle and Grandfather thank you for their service to our country. :)

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
My father was a refridgeration woker in the Airforce. My Grandpa(father's father) was also a refridgeration worker in the Navy. My Great Grandpa(Mother's Grandpa) was in the army and suffered deeply from it. Even though he lived after the war, he became blind and even mistaked his family for the enemy sometimes. My great uncle(mother's uncle) served in the Navy,but I don't remember what he did. That's really all who I can think of at the moment.

My grandfather on my mom's side was something in the Korean War. What, exactly, I don't know. That part of the family never really talked about things like that. My other grandpa, on my dad's side, was a medic in World War II. That's all I know of. Any other family members are either dead or some other such.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
I had to march in a parade because I'm in AF JROTC. My school's not off though. My family never does anything. :U

My grandpa was in the Vietnam war. He was a...Master Sergent?...I can't remember...He like...Worked on the planes for the Air Force or something.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
No Veteran's Day over here in the Netherlands. To answer your question, however, we don't have any veterans in the family either. The only person that I know was in service was my grandfather, and he was a cook. Not sure whatever he did, but I know he was deployed in Germany for some time... he a sergeant, too! :P He passed away a while ago though... Well, I was six when he passed away. =P

My grandfather on my mom's side served during Vietnam, and my grandfather on my dad's side served during and after World War II, his father was a marine when he was 15 in World War I. I have ancestors who served in the Civil War, and I have a lot of ancestors who served in the American Revolution and the French and Indian War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom