• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess: "Dumbed" Down Ocarina of Time?

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Twilight Princess is actually one of my least favorite games in the series. So i'm saying that now.
The art and music were amazing and I respect the game in that regards.

Lets start with the flow of the game, this is everything in a game, and a broken flow or ackward / annoying flow can ruin the whole experiance easily.

What was wrong with the flow? Well as you said the begining of the game was annoying it took like 2 hours to get past that intro, when I didn't know what I was doing, stills took at least an hour when i replayed the game, I don't want to spend that long just getting into the first level. But that aside lets go along, oh look i'm a puppy thats cool I guess....
Oh look I can't go anywhere? There are giant magical barriers blocking my ability to explore the map, lame. Oh look I'm going along with the story and .... find the magic bugs to fill time. I hated finding light bugs, It wasn't fun, it wasn't even a very good excuse to do said activity, but you had to do it every time you went to a new area.
Forced combat as the wolf to make places to teleport to, that wasn't fun either, now how i can kill them all in 2 seconds and thats not good enough cause it wasn't in 1 attack, but when my dog jumps around like an idiot for 5 seconds to single attack those twlight guards, that counts so they dont' wake the others, these felt like annoyances that you were forced to stop and do.
Ok Last issue in terms of flow I had with the game, midna helps doggie jump here, but not else where, just here, FLY DOGGIE FLY, what? Why does Midna floating over a branch suddenly let my wolf jump 40 feet into the air? It was such a gimmicky mechanic, that really didn't make alot of sense to me. And just an excuse for their map design to work.

Combat, I disliked the fact that things could block attacks they clearly could not block, or that it was soley based on counter attacking , even stalfos in OoT could be hit if you got around them , not the lizards or darknuts in this game, they could fricken block behind themselves with doublejointedgoodness. Even the spiders could block your sword with their heads, which you then waited for them to attack and you attacked their heads ... I just hated how so much of the combat was , counter attacked based, or be cheap and use bomb arrows.

The story, I felt bad for Link with Illiea (that was her name right?) She looses her memories and since he can't talk he can't tell her about their relationship, and no one else around will tell her either, so .... thats just not fair.
Oh look ganondorf is in the game. Go ride a horse.

The Bosses as a whole in this game, did a good job presenting themselves, but their difficulty was so lacking, it was hard to enjoy them.

Edit:
Saying that OoT's plot was a cliche' is 100% correct, but it took a cliche' and added in time travel and a fish babe. The fact the story was such a cliche was ok, and infact thats part of what made it great. The biggest part of Ganon in OoT is the fact that he was mentioned the entire game, you knew who he was, you knew it was coming, you knew about him the first 30 seconds you started playing, you had nightmares about him, many characters in the game talk about him. And when you get down to it, its 2 men with the powers of the gods throwing down to decide the fate of everything.
Compare that lead up to TP, it just simply can't compare. You didn't feel the power in your own hands (maybe if they gave us some magic to fight him with) or the tension when you were fighting him, the game gave you no reason to anticipate the fight. It was literally, well we designed this cool boss fight, didn't really go along with the plot of the game, but we'll change it so we can end the game with this. It felt more like 2 swordsman fighting then Titans like in OoT.

Honestly value of suspense and build up to a final battle is more then half the of the battle itself. The final battle in TP felt so hallow because it was like literally a twist ending to the game.

Last edited:

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I've seen enough of Zelda opinionated hate threads like this one to realize the majority of the opinions of these fans are so near sighted till it's pathetic. And yes it is.

1998: I hate Ocarina of Time, I miss the 2D action that AlttP had, it felt longer and seemed to make more sense.
2000: Majora's Mask, this game sucks! I hate the 3 day limit, the puzzleSS11s are too hard111! I love OoT more, it's the best game!
2003: Wind Waker sucks, I loathe the new art look and Link seems like a *****. The story sucks, but yes Majora's Mask is better, the game was harder! And longer! (while previously complaining 3 years ago that the things they just praised were what they hated most at the time).
2006: Twilight Princess sucks so bad, graphically it's okay but I miss the art style presented in Wind Waker, the ocean had a ton more areas to visit and the music was incredible!(3 years earlier, people were complaing that the ocean had no depth, and that the art style sucked, demanding a return to how the n64 games looked)Hyrule Field has no contest to the baseless ocean of Wind Waker!
2011: Skyward Sword is so horrible! The art style sucks! The sky hub has very little in it, Wind Waker had more areas11 to visit! Hyrule Field in Twilight Princess was so breathtaking211, and the graphics were so damn AWESOME. Ugh! I was just complaining about how I hate how easy the Zelda games are and now that we have Skyward Sword, the temples are so damn hard!!!111

That was better then this one, this one is better then the one previously released evne though I prasied that one before and decided to 180 my opinion around like a ****** to criticize the next new game which will be better when the next game comes out because this one sucked and the one before it was better when that one sucked and the one before it was better when that one sucked and this one is better3211 and blah blah blah!!!

Yes people, that was a dramicization of the fans that belong to the Zelda series.

I can't say I see where you're coming from on the bosses perspective. Diababa was pretty good for an opening boss, sure, and Morpheel wasn't half bad either, but many of the other bosses in TP have some pretty terrible design. Fyrus is a pushover, the second phase of Stallord feels more like a mini-game, Armogohma is the worst fricken' boss in Zelda history, Argorok was decent at best, and Zant was annoying and posed zero threat until the final portion of his fight. If you want to talk about Zelda games with superb bosses, ALttP, OoT, MM, ST, and SS are your best choices. TP? Bosses were either hit or miss. Stallord's first form and the four-phase fight with Ganondorf are both very well-designed, but everything else ranges from pretty good or poor (with poor being on the receiving end).
After reading this part, I realized what little sense most Zelda fans have. If you think AlttP had better boss fights than TP then you are sadly mistaken. The bosses in that game(A Link to the Past)were very outrageous. The designs were just god-awful, the Oracles games had better bosses, Hell, the first Legend of Zelda had better bosses.

Last edited by a moderator:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
After reading this part, I realized what little sense most Zelda fans have. If you think AlttP had better boss fights than TP then you are sadly mistaken. The bosses in that game(A Link to the Past)were very outrageous. The designs were just god-awful, the Oracles games had better bosses, Hell, the first Legend of Zelda had better bosses.

First things first. This was pretty inflammatory and degrading towards me. If you're going to disagree, do it in a polite manner, don't flat-out insult someone.

Now, the reason I say ALttP had better bosses was because it has some of the best design in the franchise whereas TP has maybe two that are worthy of being considered legitimately great. All the others range from just good to okay to downright bad (Fyrus and Armogohma). ALttP has only three bosses that are remotely poorly-designed: Armos Knight, Moldorm, and Mothula. Almost the other fights are simply spectacular. Aghanim (1), Helmasaur, Arrghus, Blind, Kholdstare, Trinexx, Aghanim (2), and Ganon, who is arguably the best 2D Zelda boss. The two remaining fights, Lanmola and Vitreous, aren't stellar but are still good. TP has its fair share of good boss fights, but they simply aren't up to the caliber of, not just the titles I mentioned in my OP, but many of the titles in general. They're pretty average boss fights for the Zelda series. Most are bad, but they're also nothing special.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Not trying to insult you, however this absurdity that these sort of arguments have is just so mind boggling. When people compare 2D games to 3D games, it becomes a pet peeve of mine.

Many Zelda fans heavily exaggerate their opinions and arguments. I've learned to like all the games because of their own unique style of how the game itself is utilized, to sit here and complain about something irrelevant is mind boggling. That goes double when comparing AlttP to TP, because and AlttP happens to be my least favorite game. Zelda fans hold it in high regard because it was the only SNES Zelda game, but the game is shabby, it's, it's jsut boring! And to compare it to TP is absurd!

The battle with Aghanim was boring, the motive was right with the game, but I'd venture to say that Shadow Agahnim was a better fight then Agahinim. I found the hub to be very bitter and boring.

You can't argue with opinions because no logic backs them, each person has their own opinion, and that's what Zelda fans need to realize. You can't just come boasting about how one particular game is better. The faults you named in TP was what you found to be horrible, while I found some faults with AlttP which Zelda fans continue to praise endlessly for no reason.

EDIT: Also notice how I said Zelda fans in general, and was not singling you out whatsoever. The only thing that was merely directed toward you was that you were "sadly mistaken".

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
You can't argue with opinions because no logic backs them, each person has their own opinion, and that's what Zelda fans need to realize. You can't just come boasting about how one particular game is better. The faults you named in TP was what you found to be horrible, while I found some faults with AlttP which Zelda fans continue to praise endlessly for no reason.

You've been using opinions the entire time as if they were facts, though.

Just to level the playing field, I actually think ALttP has numerous flaws. I don't think it's anywhere near the best in the series, but it's one of the best without a doubt.

EDIT: Also notice how I said Zelda fans in general, and was not singling you out whatsoever. The only thing that was merely directed toward you was that you were "sadly mistaken".

You singled me out in the end. That was the issue. (I'm not angry, btw.)

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Actually the Ease started with windwaker it felt like to me, the temples were so easy in windwaker, and that carried over to twilight, but at least the bosses in wind waker were ok. And Non of the other zelda games i can think of that i've played really obstructed your game flow as much as TP. Even with all the sailing and side quest/ pre dungeon quests, I never felt blocked.

OoT's temples were well designed, the bosses were a challange if you didn't know how to beat the, but at least they had the chance to kill you, Majora's mask had the best bosses ever, simply due to the fact you could fight them multiple ways and many items/ mask would allow you inflict dmg on them, allowing for variety. Now you can go back and not take a single hit fighting most of the OoT bosses, at least you could expect 2 hearts of dmg, but when TP bosses literally hit for half a heart, then thats a problem.

Comparing the 3d games to the 2d ones not entirely plausible, the 2d zelda games mostly maintained a level of fun, that over shadowed the plot, I'll say ALLTP's plot wasn't entirely that fantastic either (wasn't bad though, it was still good), but the game was fun the whole way getting there, and the final boss, was more like just another boss that ended the game. Aside from the oracle games, plot wasn't so strong /good on any of the 2d games.

WW's plot also made you care from the begining, your sister was taken, we gota go help her, and over all decent until the end when the king of red lions makes the stupidest wish possible. The cell shading wasn't a fan favorite, but it was acceptable, and if you ask me, I think the cell shading was a console limitation, with that much water around, if they tried to make it non cartoony, the water couldn't be a simple texture, and would have to render, thus the game cube would not have been able to handle it.

MM, honestly I'd probably rate this game above OoT in terms of replay/ fun. Not as epic, its like comparing Alice in Wonderland to Beowulf, but still plot wise fine, and again the game was so fun from the dungeons/bosses/puzzles/ sidequests it made it a very great game a 10/10 in my book.

TP, failed to offer FUN, theres no better way to explain that. The puzzles were non existant, the combat wasn't very fluid, the over all gameplay was very cumbersome, the items were cool but no re-use. The story was a let down on top of that in its tragic obscurity for link, combined with the pre mentioned "here's ganon, go ride a horse". Depth doesn't always mean good.

TP did offer great visual and a great musical score, and in that regards I respect TP. I"m not saying if you like TP you're wrong, I'm not just simply complaining, i see a shift in the series that I don't like, I haven't played Skyward Sword, but when i finally do, I really hope its a step in the right direction away from TP, and if its not, its likely that the next zelda game will take after SS, and TP, and get further away from actually makes the series great, or should make it great.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I could argue there about Majora's Mask's bosses, as I find them mediocre excpet Moldorm and Majora and StalGiant or whatever. However, after fighting Odolwa today, I realized just how shabby MM bosses were, Goht was fun too though, but Odolwa and Gyorg weren't horrible bosses, not because of difficulty, but because I felt there was no creativity.

TP bosses were far to easy( I must admit, I only played 20 hours of the game, quit after I got out the mansion in that ice area, however, now that I have a Wii, I'm gonna play that version after I beat MM).

I feel that for WW, TP and MM, they could have done SO much more with the bosses. And that's the only thing that gripes my balls with TP, everything else I enjoyed because of the similarity to OoT.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I could argue there about Majora's Mask's bosses, as I find them mediocre excpet Moldorm and Majora and StalGiant or whatever. However, after fighting Odolwa today, I realized just how shabby MM bosses were, Goht was fun too though, but Odolwa and Gyorg weren't horrible bosses, not because of difficulty, but because I felt there was no creativity.

TP bosses were far to easy( I must admit, I only played 20 hours of the game, quit after I got out the mansion in that ice area, however, now that I have a Wii, I'm gonna play that version after I beat MM).

I feel that for WW, TP and MM, they could have done SO much more with the bosses. And that's the only thing that gripes my balls with TP, everything else I enjoyed because of the similarity to OoT.

With the exception of the fish boss in the great bay temple, you could kill any boss with any mask you wanted, it might not be smart to fight in that form but you could do it. Thats what i liked about it, it wasn't here its weakness is the giant glowing eye. Or use item, make it weak, stab, repeat. You could toast Majora with Feirce Deity or screw around and use deku scrub or goron/ zora on him if you wanted, or its actually a lengthy fight if you don't use the deity mask at all and stick to human form.

Well never tried transforms against the sand worms, I know you could do it with your bow though, or even sword if you could get out there with it, so I imagine the other forms would work too, they would just be hard.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
With the exception of the fish boss in the great bay temple, you could kill any boss with any mask you wanted, it might not be smart to fight in that form but you could do it. Thats what i liked about it, it wasn't here its weakness is the giant glowing eye. Or use item, make it weak, stab, repeat. You could toast Majora with Feirce Deity or screw around and use deku scrub or goron/ zora on him if you wanted, or its actually a lengthy fight if you don't use the deity mask at all and stick to human form.

Well never tried transforms against the sand worms, I know you could do it with your bow though, or even sword if you could get out there with it, so I imagine the other forms would work too, they would just be hard.

I never really thought about it liked that, Majora can be a pain though without Fierce Deity, but since I only beat the game once without any form of cheating, he happened to be easy because I had every mask.
So what didn't you like about TP that was unique to that game?

I didn't like how easy the bosses was, and the story was meh, it flowed weirdly and it got annoying to have to fight those shadow beings in a certain manner every single time there was a portal nearby. If I wanted to though, I would sit here and criticize every single Zelda game because each game has at least 1 thing that insults the franchise.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Twilight Princess was just another standard Zelda game. I see in no way of it trying to copy Ocarina of Time and failing. I don't think that was Nintendo intention at all. Seriously, does it look like Ocarina of Time? The Temple of Time is broken, and the entire place just looks nothing like it. Ordon Villiage wasn't in Ocarina of Time. Kakariko wasn't a desert in Ocarina of Time. There's just so many differences and unsolved puzzles between the two games that have led me to the conclusion that Nintendo was not trying to copy Ocarina of Time with Twilight Princess.

I know what people mean about TP reusing things from OoT, so what?
A lot of Zelda games take from each other. OoT was a great game and people complain things being take from it and brought to TP, why?
TP had its original story and art style, which to me are important in a game. I thought the story was great. Creative. The dark element to it was good, different.
Its not like OoT.
Who cares how "easy" the game was? Is it really that awful of an experience just because you felt it was easy? I still had a lot of fun taking enemies on. There were a lot to come by.

I don't want to make this long, so I'll just say I really liked TP. I don't really understand all the bad Rep it gets. It was a different angle for the series, I loved it.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I don't understand the hate for TP's bosses... Here's the bosses as I see them

Diababa: Simple but clever, intimidating, and I liked how you got help from the monkey or baboon or whatever and had to use the boomerang to lock on to the bomb and then diababa. The boss was fairly easy but not way too easy, and was creative.

Fyrus: The concept is great, the Goron patriarch touched the fused shadow and became a giant flaming monster, so the goron elders sealed him with chains. you wake him up and hes all mad. The stage is set perfectly and the area is very fitting. Then you are required to use not one but TWO of your new items to shoot the gem on Fyrus's head to disorient him, then grab onto a chain on his leg while wearing iron boots to trip him then slash away at his head. I don't see anything bad about this boss at all (minus the difficulty, it's VEERY easy to shoot him right after he gets up and to trip him)

Morpheel: Under the depths of the Lakebed Temple lies a giant evil eel. you must have on the zora armor, sink to the bottom with the boots and lock onto the eye to pull it out with your hookshot and slash away (throwback to morpha in OoT). But then the eel comes out and you must lock onto the eye and hookshot while swimming and then slash away. This was my least favorite boss, but it's still good. good setting, good use of items, good pace. It was pretty easy, but the little fish and bombs he shot out were annoying

Stallord:
Great boss. Giant skeleton monster thing resurrected by Zant. you must use your new item, the spinner, to spin around the room and bounce off, maneuver through the skeleton soldiers (pretty damn hard sometimes) and knock into his spine 3 times. Then when you think the fight is over, He comes back as a floating head and the sand in the room is drained revealing a tower of sorts with tracks for the spinner. you have to climb the tower while dodging Stallord's attacks and jump into his face and then slash away it his head. While it only requires the spinner and something to hit stallord's head with, this is a great boss fight. It's creative, fun, stallord is intimidating, and the area is good

Blizzeta: Also one of the best bosses of the game. The scenario is perfect, someone you thought was you're ally, who you got food for the whooole dungeon comes up to their master bedroom, gets (very creepily) enchanted by the mirror shard and becomes an evil freak and freezes the room. First with the ball and chain you just knock around the giant ice thing she's in (this part is badly designed and easy but still fun) until you get her out. Then she floats above in a giant ice throne thing and tries to crash giant ice chunks into you which you must dodge, break, and then smash her throne with the ball and chain. Fun, decently easy, great atmosphere and theme, VERY creative

Armogohma:
I love this boss and think it's one of the best in the game. It's the classic giant spider we always have to fight but with an amazing twist. He crawls on the ceiling and once it stops you must shoot it's open eye with an arrow (an old item by now) before it shoots you with its laser eye. once it falls you must posses the statue it's near with the dominion rod and smash the spider with the statue's fist! You do this multiple times while dealing with armogohma's laser eye and the tons of little spiders he shoots down. Then after a few times smashing him with the statues he poofs away and that triumphant music plays... but wait! he's not dead! now he's a little eyeball spider crawling around with little spiders. Then you just slash them and him a few times and he's dead. Admitedly, this boss fight is easy and not very complex, but you can't argue that it's not creative. shooting down a giant spider to then smash it with a statue? i'd like to see that in ALttP. And even compared to bosses in other zelda games he really isnt THAT complex compard to bosses like King Dodongo, Helmasaur King, jalhalla, etc

Argorok: another fantastic boss indeed. this boss had it all. 1. It's a dragon, and a LEGIT one unlike Volvagia. 2. He's intimidating and the setting is perfect atop a large stormy windy tower and the mood fits perfectly 3. the battle is complex AND creative. While he's flying around blowing wind at yoou and trying to knock you off, you must use the double clawshot to latch onto his tail, and then use the iron boots to pull him down to the ground destroying some of his armor. Not good enough? after a few times a weakspot on his back will be exposed so he gets mad, sheds his armor, and fly all the way up where he waits for you. Then some flying plant things or whatever sprout from the ground in a circle and fly up aroung the dragon to aid you. with your new double clawshot you must clawshot up the climbable towers up to the top, and then clawshot onto the plant things (i think they're peahats maybe idk). Argorok will breathe fire at you and while dodging that you must quickly clawshot around the circle of peahats until you're behind argorok. Then you clawshot onto argorok's back and stab his weak spot. Do this until he's dead. Epic, creative, challenging, great boss

Zant: while this boss fight may not be the intense showdown with the usurper king that we wanted, it's still a great boss fight. At this point Zant is just a lunatic, and he has the ability to bring you back to previous boss battles and fight him as the boss. How is this not clever or creative? he brings you back to the diababa fight where you boomerang him to bring him to land nd slash away. then he brings you to the miniboss fight with bthe armored goron in the goron mines, and he will teleport around jumping on the edge of the circle trying to bounce you off (use the iron boots) then he will shoot his little magic at you which you must dodge and then slash away. Then he brings you to the morpheel battle where you slap on your zora armor and iron boots and multiple giant zant heads will emerge from the sand. he's in one of the mouths and you must figure out which one and while he's shooting at you, you dodge, clawshot him to you and slash away. Then he brings you to the forest temple miniboss battle w the baboon where you use the same technique you did with the baboon. Then he brings you to the blizzeta battle where he becomes giant, and when he crashes down you ball+chain his foot to shrink him and slash him. FINALLY he gets fed up and brings you in front of Hyrule castle in an enclosed area where he reveals two blades from his sleeves. He will charge at you and wildly slash which is hard to defend against. He will also teleport constantly and use his little tornado attack where he spins and charges at you. It's not too hard just dodge and slash when you can and he's dead. I don't see how this is at all a bad boss fight.

Ganondorf: There better not be any debate on whether this fight is good or not. It's ridiculously epic. Kind of easy, but ridiculously epic. Dead man's volley with a puppet Zelda, beast Ganon vs beast Link, the horseback battle, and finally the final epic showdown.

Long post. I just don't see how any of these bosses could give anyone the impression of this game having bad boss fights

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I don't understand the hate for TP's bosses... Here's the bosses as I see them

Diababa: Simple but clever, intimidating, and I liked how you got help from the monkey or baboon or whatever and had to use the boomerang to lock on to the bomb and then diababa. The boss was fairly easy but not way too easy, and was creative.

Fyrus: The concept is great, the Goron patriarch touched the fused shadow and became a giant flaming monster, so the goron elders sealed him with chains. you wake him up and hes all mad. The stage is set perfectly and the area is very fitting. Then you are required to use not one but TWO of your new items to shoot the gem on Fyrus's head to disorient him, then grab onto a chain on his leg while wearing iron boots to trip him then slash away at his head. I don't see anything bad about this boss at all (minus the difficulty, it's VEERY easy to shoot him right after he gets up and to trip him)

Morpheel: Under the depths of the Lakebed Temple lies a giant evil eel. you must have on the zora armor, sink to the bottom with the boots and lock onto the eye to pull it out with your hookshot and slash away (throwback to morpha in OoT). But then the eel comes out and you must lock onto the eye and hookshot while swimming and then slash away. This was my least favorite boss, but it's still good. good setting, good use of items, good pace. It was pretty easy, but the little fish and bombs he shot out were annoying

Stallord:
Great boss. Giant skeleton monster thing resurrected by Zant. you must use your new item, the spinner, to spin around the room and bounce off, maneuver through the skeleton soldiers (pretty damn hard sometimes) and knock into his spine 3 times. Then when you think the fight is over, He comes back as a floating head and the sand in the room is drained revealing a tower of sorts with tracks for the spinner. you have to climb the tower while dodging Stallord's attacks and jump into his face and then slash away it his head. While it only requires the spinner and something to hit stallord's head with, this is a great boss fight. It's creative, fun, stallord is intimidating, and the area is good

Blizzeta: Also one of the best bosses of the game. The scenario is perfect, someone you thought was you're ally, who you got food for the whooole dungeon comes up to their master bedroom, gets (very creepily) enchanted by the mirror shard and becomes an evil freak and freezes the room. First with the ball and chain you just knock around the giant ice thing she's in (this part is badly designed and easy but still fun) until you get her out. Then she floats above in a giant ice throne thing and tries to crash giant ice chunks into you which you must dodge, break, and then smash her throne with the ball and chain. Fun, decently easy, great atmosphere and theme, VERY creative

Armogohma:
I love this boss and think it's one of the best in the game. It's the classic giant spider we always have to fight but with an amazing twist. He crawls on the ceiling and once it stops you must shoot it's open eye with an arrow (an old item by now) before it shoots you with its laser eye. once it falls you must posses the statue it's near with the dominion rod and smash the spider with the statue's fist! You do this multiple times while dealing with armogohma's laser eye and the tons of little spiders he shoots down. Then after a few times smashing him with the statues he poofs away and that triumphant music plays... but wait! he's not dead! now he's a little eyeball spider crawling around with little spiders. Then you just slash them and him a few times and he's dead. Admitedly, this boss fight is easy and not very complex, but you can't argue that it's not creative. shooting down a giant spider to then smash it with a statue? i'd like to see that in ALttP. And even compared to bosses in other zelda games he really isnt THAT complex compard to bosses like King Dodongo, Helmasaur King, jalhalla, etc

Argorok: another fantastic boss indeed. this boss had it all. 1. It's a dragon, and a LEGIT one unlike Volvagia. 2. He's intimidating and the setting is perfect atop a large stormy windy tower and the mood fits perfectly 3. the battle is complex AND creative. While he's flying around blowing wind at yoou and trying to knock you off, you must use the double clawshot to latch onto his tail, and then use the iron boots to pull him down to the ground destroying some of his armor. Not good enough? after a few times a weakspot on his back will be exposed so he gets mad, sheds his armor, and fly all the way up where he waits for you. Then some flying plant things or whatever sprout from the ground in a circle and fly up aroung the dragon to aid you. with your new double clawshot you must clawshot up the climbable towers up to the top, and then clawshot onto the plant things (i think they're peahats maybe idk). Argorok will breathe fire at you and while dodging that you must quickly clawshot around the circle of peahats until you're behind argorok. Then you clawshot onto argorok's back and stab his weak spot. Do this until he's dead. Epic, creative, challenging, great boss

Zant: while this boss fight may not be the intense showdown with the usurper king that we wanted, it's still a great boss fight. At this point Zant is just a lunatic, and he has the ability to bring you back to previous boss battles and fight him as the boss. How is this not clever or creative? he brings you back to the diababa fight where you boomerang him to bring him to land nd slash away. then he brings you to the miniboss fight with bthe armored goron in the goron mines, and he will teleport around jumping on the edge of the circle trying to bounce you off (use the iron boots) then he will shoot his little magic at you which you must dodge and then slash away. Then he brings you to the morpheel battle where you slap on your zora armor and iron boots and multiple giant zant heads will emerge from the sand. he's in one of the mouths and you must figure out which one and while he's shooting at you, you dodge, clawshot him to you and slash away. Then he brings you to the forest temple miniboss battle w the baboon where you use the same technique you did with the baboon. Then he brings you to the blizzeta battle where he becomes giant, and when he crashes down you ball+chain his foot to shrink him and slash him. FINALLY he gets fed up and brings you in front of Hyrule castle in an enclosed area where he reveals two blades from his sleeves. He will charge at you and wildly slash which is hard to defend against. He will also teleport constantly and use his little tornado attack where he spins and charges at you. It's not too hard just dodge and slash when you can and he's dead. I don't see how this is at all a bad boss fight.

Ganondorf: There better not be any debate on whether this fight is good or not. It's ridiculously epic. Kind of easy, but ridiculously epic. Dead man's volley with a puppet Zelda, beast Ganon vs beast Link, the horseback battle, and finally the final epic showdown.

Long post. I just don't see how any of these bosses could give anyone the impression of this game having bad boss fights
The first boss is a first boss and not really viable to use for or against the game, cause its supposed to be easy, though i did sit there and stare at it not attacking me for 5 minutes once.

The goron elder boss was actually pretty cool, but there were no attacks to really dodge or anything just run up to chains drag them, repeat till he dies and doesnt' even get a chance to fight back.

The water boss again was cool, but when it literally does half a heart of damage to you, and its that late in the game? I'm sorry but bosses past the first or 2nd one should really be capable of inflicting pain on you. It was a very well designed boss fight, but aside from that one hit it does on you at the begining that you can't avoid, it can't even lay a finger on you or tenticle, and not saying that you can dodge a boss is a bad thing, but when even if it does hit, you don't care because it doesn't hurt.

The complaint about the bosses for me, is they , are how to put it... too linear? Its like figure out what you have to actually do, latch on then stab it in its giant glowing eye, repeat till its dead. They all felt too much like each other in that regards. The boss with the spinners was different but jump, jump, jump, i win. It was more like a mini game then a boss.

I appreciate the grandiose cinematic approach to the bosses, but they felt so non threatening for being 3 stories tall, that its like come on i just fell 200 feet having being back handed by a dragon, 1 heart missing? No that really would have should have killed Link or at least extremely hurt.

But over all it was expose weakness and or latch on and repeatedly stab. Most of the bosses followed that exactly. Even Gannon, in like all but one of his forms. Cool once, but over done.

Even Ganon did barely 1 heart of damage to you, on the note of ganon. Maybe this version of Link was just so imbued with the power to be injury proof for all the bosses in the game.

Even OoT bosses were easy after you've done them before and knew how to dodge/ when/where/how to counter attack, but if you did get hit you felt it, 2 hearts- 4 hearts of damage. Majora's mask bosses, even wind wakers bosses could hurt you. ALTTP bosses hurt, almost all the 2d Bosses in general were more then capable of dealing lethal damage if you weren't careful. Thats the problem with TP's bosses, you could just pretty shrug off any thing they do you, solve puzzle, stab eye, solve puzzle, stab eye, win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom