• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess: "Dumbed" Down Ocarina of Time?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
The first boss is a first boss and not really viable to use for or against the game, cause its supposed to be easy, though i did sit there and stare at it not attacking me for 5 minutes once.

The goron elder boss was actually pretty cool, but there were no attacks to really dodge or anything just run up to chains drag them, repeat till he dies and doesnt' even get a chance to fight back.

The water boss again was cool, but when it literally does half a heart of damage to you, and its that late in the game? I'm sorry but bosses past the first or 2nd one should really be capable of inflicting pain on you. It was a very well designed boss fight, but aside from that one hit it does on you at the begining that you can't avoid, it can't even lay a finger on you or tenticle, and not saying that you can dodge a boss is a bad thing, but when even if it does hit, you don't care because it doesn't hurt.

The complaint about the bosses for me, is they , are how to put it... too linear? Its like figure out what you have to actually do, latch on then stab it in its giant glowing eye, repeat till its dead. They all felt too much like each other in that regards. The boss with the spinners was different but jump, jump, jump, i win. It was more like a mini game then a boss.

I appreciate the grandiose cinematic approach to the bosses, but they felt so non threatening for being 3 stories tall, that its like come on i just fell 200 feet having being back handed by a dragon, 1 heart missing? No that really would have should have killed Link or at least extremely hurt.

But over all it was expose weakness and or latch on and repeatedly stab. Most of the bosses followed that exactly. Even Gannon, in like all but one of his forms. Cool once, but over done.

Even Ganon did barely 1 heart of damage to you, on the note of ganon. Maybe this version of Link was just so imbued with the power to be injury proof for all the bosses in the game.

Even OoT bosses were easy after you've done them before and knew how to dodge/ when/where/how to counter attack, but if you did get hit you felt it, 2 hearts- 4 hearts of damage. Majora's mask bosses, even wind wakers bosses could hurt you. ALTTP bosses hurt, almost all the 2d Bosses in general were more then capable of dealing lethal damage if you weren't careful. Thats the problem with TP's bosses, you could just pretty shrug off any thing they do you, solve puzzle, stab eye, solve puzzle, stab eye, win.

I do agree that most of them didn't deal enough damage and none really posed very much of a threat, but I still think they are creative and not that poorly designed

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I do agree that most of them didn't deal enough damage and none really posed very much of a threat, but I still think they are creative and not that poorly designed

I'll agree to that, they were visually appealing and fairly creative ascetically and conceptually anyways. But more then half of them still were like latch on stab eye a few times, repeat, so uncreative in that repeated mechanic throughout most of the game. The glowing eyes/ weakspot was also over used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom