• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Trouble Communicating: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't know why SMS would be so eager to pursue a Kreaal lynch as scum, but I also don't think he has any good reason to do it as town, and the reasoning he provided is weak. The entire concept of doing obviously suspicious things and relying on WIFOM to clear you is dubious, especially for something that'd be unlikely to provide much benefit, and, somewhat tellingly, I don't believe Kreaal even used WIFOM to defend himself in that way, which he surely would if he had intended to rely on it as a defense. I also agree with whoever said that SMS's playstyle resembles his scum meta so far. So I'm inclined to scum read him, with one caveat.

@Moe the Moblin: Do you think scum SMS would be so pushy and confident in a Kreaal lynch, given how bad it would look if Kreaal flipped town?
I find myself leaning towards Kreal's Gunsmith plan to be derptown v some sort of scum play. I think its far more reasonable that Kreal was hyperfocused on getting immediate info out of people than trying to so openly coordinate a plan with a scum team.

I think Ex's insistence that Kreaal was doing the latter is less about going for an easy lynch, but I think Ex may just be tunneling Kreaal for conflicting game styles or personalities. Like Kreaal's posting style of generating a whole page of responses and refusal to give out meta info, both of which rubbed Ex the wrong way. In a weird way, I think people are tunneling Ex for tunneling.
I think this is a very reasonable take, especially given how soon it was posted after he popped into the thread, and it makes me inclined to town read him.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I don't know why SMS would be so eager to pursue a Kreaal lynch as scum, but I also don't think he has any good reason to do it as town, and the reasoning he provided is weak. The entire concept of doing obviously suspicious things and relying on WIFOM to clear you is dubious, especially for something that'd be unlikely to provide much benefit, and, somewhat tellingly, I don't believe Kreaal even used WIFOM to defend himself in that way, which he surely would if he had intended to rely on it as a defense. I also agree with whoever said that SMS's playstyle resembles his scum meta so far. So I'm inclined to scum read him, with one caveat.

@Moe the Moblin: Do you think scum SMS would be so pushy and confident in a Kreaal lynch, given how bad it would look if Kreaal flipped town?

I think this is a very reasonable take, especially given how soon it was posted after he popped into the thread, and it makes me inclined to town read him.
I don't see why not
do you really think anyone would look twice if kreaal got mislynched today?

I don't see why not

I agree with this and also with most of what Moe's said. Assuming kreaal is an ML, giving a push to kreaalwagon and then letting it go like SMS has means he's open to backing out later, if it fizzles, and if it doesn't, then he has everyone who's pushed on it since to hide among.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't see why not
Nah, but I do feel SMS is sticking his neck out there unnecessarily by saying stuff like "I really really want to lynch Kreaal today" and "I feel very strongly that they are scum."

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Nah, but I do feel SMS is sticking his neck out there unnecessarily by saying stuff like "I really really want to lynch Kreaal today" and "I feel very strongly that they are scum."
I'd be more inclined to consider this if they were consistently going after kreaal, but iirc it was all done in a single post
you have a point that kreaal can most likely go down without scum's help in general tho

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Derp:
Funnygurl
Doc
Finally, I am seen.

That said, I don't love SMS's going for Kreaal and especially don't love Silver getting in agreement with said lynch.
Honestly, I can get behind a Kreaal lynch. My gut reaction to his posts about claiming targets and then further flavor scream as attempts to figure out who his scumbuds are/warn them of who not to target.

But, and here is the waffle, he could just be that incredibly frustrating and think he's being useful. Honestly, he reminds me of that time one of the random 13 year olds at home decided to play, albiet with more experience than that person. So I don't feel great about lynching him right off the bat, especially as he's hitting at everything and anything about anybody, which is bad for later info analysis if he is scum, and bad for us if he is town as there would be no solid lead either way.

This whole post feels like they're trying to push for Kreaal's lynch while also arguing against said lynch? Like, jumping on board with SMS's reasoning while distancing themselves from the reasoning so that, in the case of Kreaal's lynch and they flip town, Sil can put blame on SMS instead. Now, I'm horrible at remembering meta so if this is common behavior for Silver, please correct me, but at the current moment this is where I'd want to place my vote.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I'd say town lean, mostly since I think your takes have been reasonable so far. I also get the impression that you're a skilled player who's good at appearing pro-town, though, so I'm a bit wary.
I am absolutlely null reading Flarg for this exact reason. Like I keep mostly agreeing with what Flarg says and want to put them town lean, but I can't shake the feeling that they are very good scum. It's the same reason I will almost never town read Min, I can't trust em.

At this point it's not even bussing. As I understand it, and correct me if I'm wrong, we don't even have to worry about bussing this game unless the mafia somehow develop a secret code that can be used to communicate in game... Not to say that hasn't been done before, but we did crack that code pretty easy. So no, I don't think anyone is going to be bussing you by voting you, it's just called voting you because you're scummy.

Your wrong.
I don’t think you even know what bussing means.
Bussing means that a scum voted another scum to get that other scum eliminated.

It's day 1. Who dafrick is gonna have an accurate readslist? Do you? Does everyone readslist the same? Cause if they do, I've been doing mine wrong my whole time playing. I don't even use "locktown".
Do you put someone in the exact same read category as yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom