• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Trial of the Sword Master Mode

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Nawt really i got back to the floor with the electric wizzrobe hanging around and the piece of **** shocked me again T.T also screw Tali those things SUCK!

..... Seriously this is a thread asking for advice not advertising a youtube video @Wiggum a perfectionists speed run doesn't help someone who is struggling with it at all, in fact it makes it worse as the perfectionist is more likely to take risks than the dude going through it fresh and so the person struggling is gonna try to copy and **** it up.

Seriously stick to advice not posting videos, the ones such as that, that i've viewed have NOT helped a bit with ToS due to them all doing strats i'd consider way to damn risky.

Relax man ... first of all, that vid is not me, and I have no association with it. Second, I am not "advertising" for this video. Third, I learned a TON from watching that vid. If you have any ability to analyze what you see, you can learn a ton from it too.

Just starting off in level 1 of the beginning trials, the guy shows off how to use a bomb, dropped while gliding, to distract the bokos so you can grab the claymore and sneak-strike them. How cool is that? What part of that is not a very ingenious, and teachable moment? Maybe you can pull off that move, maybe not ... but it does "teach you" about how to take advantage of the sneak-strike mechanic - which, very importantly, does 8x damage over the base value of the weapon, and also uses only a decimal point of your weapon's durability.

So anyway ... don't get upset with me about posting the video. That was the most simple, efficient, and thorough way to "teach" or "advise" the OP to help them through the trials. If you don't agree, ok ... but don't get all bent about it.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Gotta admit @Wiggum i did fly off the deep end and i'm sorry for that, you were right there some things to be picked up, never knew about the bombing as you flew.

Question is how is he doing so much damage with bow shots? i've done the same as him but it takes far more shots (4 arrows) to kill a blue bokoblin.

Gotta admit @Wiggum i did fly off the deep end and i'm sorry for that, you were right there some things to be picked up, never knew about the bombing as you flew.

Question is how is he doing so much damage with bow shots? i've done the same as him but it takes far more shots (4 arrows) to kill a blue bokoblin.

Are you asking about Level 2 of the beginning trials? If so, the only explanation I can give you is that he's getting head-shots on the bokos, which do double-damage compared to normal bow shots. Also, I think it's level 3 or 4 where he starts off using stasis on the boko up high on the platform, then shoots him in the head one time, and that alone knocks the boko off the platform where he falls to his death. Arrow headshots - especially when used with stasis - can be very powerful.

Quite frankly, my biggest "take-aways" from watching that video were that you should really abuse stasis+ on your enemies to avoid undue fights ... you should use bullet-time to head-shot as many enemies as you can since hey give you tons of bows and arrows in the trials, and since head-shots do 2x damage to start with ... and you should use the sneak-strike tactic whenever you can since it does 8x damage over the base weapon attack power and basically doesn't use up any durability.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yeah it feels like that Poe. I've noticed that the electrorobe goes down faster if you can get that first sneak shot with him unaware

Interesting ... I never paid attention to see if a headshot on an unsuspecting enemy is more damaging than one on an aware enemy. I need to do some testing to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom