• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Transportation in Zelda 3DS

P

Pipit.Pipit

It can be dangerous to mix modern day technology with a game like zelda, but i think a steampunk plane, similar to the style of the spirit tracks train would be interesting. Particularly with the Wii U, having some sort of control panel on the touchscreen with a steering wheel and some levers and buttons, and possibly a first person sort of view of flying the plane in the cockpit on your Tv with a map to toggle somewhere in there. Lemme know what you guys think! :)photo (6).jpgphoto (7).jpg

1.Tilt WiiU to steer plane/aim at enemies
2.Throttle
2.Enemies to attack
3.Activate Bomb shooter/Bomb Shooter
4.Drop Cargo
5.Sky Map, similar to rail map, stone tablet, etc. press A to see a sort of sattelite view of land from above.

Sorry my numbering was off. Did my best with the sketches. And again, Lemme know what you think! :3

Last edited by a moderator:

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
We're discussing Zelda 3ds here, not Zelda Wii U. Although those ideas could work for either.

PH could have been WW2 had it have been made for the 3DS.
That doesn't make much sense, considering that PH came out 4 years before the 3ds came out.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
We're discussing Zelda 3ds here, not Zelda Wii U. Although those ideas could work for either.
Yes, there is a thread to talk about Transportation in Zelda U too, it's here: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f120/transportation-zelda-u-38305.html

Clash said:
That doesn't make much sense, considering that PH came out 4 years before the 3ds came out.
I believe Spirit is saying had it been made at least 4 years later too then? Or perhaps if we had the 3DS then, hypothetical situations. The 3DS has much better capabilities than the DS did so therefore they would have been able to make a game closer to the quality (or even better) of the Wind Waker.

Last edited:
I would prefer a horse or something that flies obviously not a loft wing as that has already been used maybe something like a dragon, but a horse is more practical as it doesn't need to follow tracks as well as being easy to control.

I would love to see a new version of the warping system like the one in OoT. But I don't think it needs to be another instrument. As for other ways of transportation? Actually I hope that's the only one, maybe an upgrade like the bunny hood in MM would be a good idea, but it all depends on how big the overworld is. Anyways, I'm sure Nintendo is going to make something new, or a twist on something we allready know, and whichever way they decide to go is fine by me, I haven't (yet) found me in any Zelda game, were I hated the means of transportation. Maybe exept AoL, where you would be interropted by random and set encounters. I didn't mind the random ones, cause you could see what attacked you, but the set ones, was incredibly annoying, because you couldn't see them.

I think a sword activated warp system would be really cool but I wouldn't want it to be the only option other than walking, a horse would make sense as a more free roam styled means of travel rather than simple point to point travel.

OcarinaofWind12

So zetta slow!
I really like Epona and warp points. I think you should have to overcome on optional challenge or side-quest to unlock Epona and each warp point. Unlike OoT(except in the case of unlocking Epona), you would have to work to unlock better transportation.

Last edited:

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I think I'd be cool if a Zelda game had all the kinds of transportation. A game with a boat, loftwing, train, Epona, teleportation, and all the others. There could be different parts of the game where you need to use a certain kind of transportation.

Deeds

no text
I don't think the developers should make transportation a complex situation. They would do exactly this, by confusing us with multiple ways of travelling, like others have said. I really wouldn't want multiple ways, it would make navigation a lot less smooth, because you'd be stuck on the question of 'What do I do?', whenever you need to go somewhere. If there's only one form of transportation, my favourite would be Epona / a horse, things are a lot less confusing, and make the game feel smooth. That's just my opinion, though, I'm sure someone will have an awesome idea - as to why multiple transportation methods are useful.

.:Brony:.

Head Brony of ZD
I think I'd be cool if a Zelda game had all the kinds of transportation. A game with a boat, loftwing, train, Epona, teleportation, and all the others. There could be different parts of the game where you need to use a certain kind of transportation.

So what you're saying is it should be like Pokemon, you have to unlock a certain HM(form of transportation) before being able to move on?
--

I think if you gathered these different types of transportation throughout the game and then could later go back and use them to access prior areas that you couldn't before, that would be cool.

I think these areas that can be accessed via these new forms of transportation should play no role in the story line and that they should just be "end-game" material or just extra areas you can go through in the game where you can find collectibles (heart containers, golden spider like objects, etc) and various other things.

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
Transportation in Zelda Wii U

There has been a lot of discussion about what the overworld will look like in Zelda Wii U, and although transportion is obviously tied to what sort of overworld we see, I haven't seen much discussion about how we'll be getting around. So this is pretty simple: what sort of transportation mode would you like to see in Zelda Wii U? A return to Epona? A new version of sailing, trains, flying, etc.? Something new?

Personally, I loved the direction Twilight Princess took with Epona, increasing the combat capabilities of Link on horseback. I was so excited to finally be able to wield my sword while on Epona and would be thrilled to see both the return of our beloved horse and even more options for horseback combat.

I am not sure, what I want for a transportation system. All I know right now is: I want optional transportation, I think it fits a more open, nonlinear better. In all the newer games, transportation systems were mandatory. I'd like it, if the Zelda team is making a few easier dungeons in walking distance of the starting point. There could be an option to get a faster transportation system that makes it easer to reach dungeons that are further away. Nevertheless you could reach those dungeons by feet if you prefer that. There could be an even faster transportation method, which works the same way as the first I described.

I guess I would like for Link to transform into faster creatures that are fun to navigate and fun to use against enemies. Something we haven't seen before (but a little similar to the mask System in MM).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like niteporter, all I know for sure is that I want optional transportation. None of that forced crap that serves merely to get me from point A to point B in linear fashion. As for what transports me, I know I prefer to have Epona make a triumphant return, but is that really the best choice for a 1080p, HD Zelda title? Oh...I guess it is. For me, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom