• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top 10

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
OK, NOW we go on to another topic.

How about video game characters?
Hoo boy...
Here's a list in no particular order.

*Magolor (Duh)
*King Dedede
*Genie of the Lamp (Miitopia)
*Toad
*Sans
*Prince Dreambert
*The Brawl Stars (Technically, there's over forty of 'em, but I can't limit it do just one, and limiting it to my favorites will take up my whole list.)
*R.O.B. (Yes I like R.O.B. a lot. Sue me.)
*Kass (BotW. Requires no explanation)
*The Punch Out Contenders (I can specify if you want me to)

Honorable mentions: Meta Knight, Cranky Kong, Funky Kong, Bandana Waddle Dee, Kirby, Papyrus, Dry Bones.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Again, I'm not sure if I can definitively list a "top 10", so here are 10 characters I really like in no particular order:
  • Revali (BotW)
  • G'raha Tia (FFXIV)
  • Conker (CBFD)
  • Ravio (ALBW)
  • Porky (Earthbound/Mother 3)
  • Trevor (GTAV)
  • E'Gadd (Luigi's Mansion)
  • Napstablook (Undertale)
  • Linkle (HW)
  • CHUCKSTER (Super Mario Sunshine)

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
this is more or less my top 10, no order either
  • Wario (Wario Land)
  • Naked Snake (MGS3)
  • Terra Brandford (FF6)
  • KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
  • Kat & Raven (Gravity Rush) [can't decide b/w the two]
  • Citan Uzuki (Xenogears)
  • Goro Majima (Yakuza)
  • Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk)
  • Billy (Billy Hatcher)
  • Tommy Vercetti (GTA Vice City)

Last edited:

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
Now then: What are your top ten most memorable lines from anything ever? (Yeah, I'm not restricting this to video games)

10. "And why are you bald?! What's that all about?!" -Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
9. "Extreme pollination and total domination!" -Cagney Carnation, Cuphead
8. "He [George Washington] swore on that day till the leaves shook on the trees. Never have I heard such swearing, before or since. Sir, on that memorable day, he swore like an angel from heaven." -Some witness speaking about an incident during the Revolutionary War. (And Washington forbade swearing in his army! He was SERIOUSLY mad!)
7. "Kill Claudio!" -Beatrice, Much Ado About Nothing (By William Shakespeare. It's a long story.)
6. "Let's-a-go!" -Mario
5. "What's with all the weird looks? Fine. Let me explain everything." -Magolor, Kirby's Return to Dreamland
4. "Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! BYYYEEE!" -Bill Cipher, Gravity Falls
3. "AVENGERS... assemble." -Captain America, Avengers: Endgame
2. "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." -Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
1."For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16, The Bible

Honorable mentions:
"Yes, yes, burn the child." -Grunkle Stan, Gravity Falls
"INCONCIEVABLE!" -Vizzini, The Princess Bride

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
"Hi Rayman, what's the matter can't you fly? *hic*...Like everyone else?" Globox, drunk off plum juice (Rayman 3)
"I've got things to do and daddy issues to repress" Bowser Jr. (Mario + Rabbids)
"Why don't you make like a tree, and get out of here." Biff Tanen (Back to the Future)
"Do or do not. there is no try." -Yoda, Episode V
"It's not so much that I want to kill her, as much as I don't want her to live" -Stewie Griffin
"Ha the jokes on you Mr. Banks, you can't throw me out, cause I'm already outside." -Jazz, before being thrown inside (Fresh Prince of Bel Air)
"You can't stop me, you buster Carl" -Ryder (GTA San Andreas)
"Dumb...Florida...morons" -Tommy Vercetti (GTA Vice City)
"I've got a better idea, why don't I call someone who's JOB it is to fix it? You know why? Because when I need a JOB done I get someone with a JOB to do that JOB!" -Spongebob
"Master, sir, did you just see my MAD SKILLZ?" -Hammer (Xenogears)

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
I totally forgot about this.

What are your top 10 books/series?

10. Cat's Café (A bunch of small comics. A new favorite of mine)
9. The Secret Series (It's weird. Not the best, but it's good)
8. Asterix (Nuff said)
7. Diary of an 8-Bit Warrior (Minecraft series. It rocks)
6. Story Thieves (A five-part series by Nobody)
5. Journal 3 (From Gravity Falls)
4. Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales (American History graphic novels)
3. The Terrible Two series (GO READ IT. IT RULES.)
2. Tintin (I own the entire series, including the first one, printed in black and white, the second one, which was banned in some countries, and the final one, which was unfinished)
1. The Harry Potter series (From my experience, there's two types of Christians: Those who boycott Harry Potter and those who love it. My family falls into the latter.)

What about you?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I forgot too!
No particular order:
Call of the Wild and White Fang, both by Jack London.
Anything with Sherlock Holmes. Given, of course that it's written by the original author, Arthur Conan Doyle.
The Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini. An epic fantasy.
The Hunger Games series, I guess.
Julie of the Wolves. I read it for the first time over the weekend.
The Wolves of the Beyond series. I love this one not for the story as much as the characters and worldbuilding.
Anything about American muscle cars, especially Chevrolet.
The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Fair warning, it can get a little inappropriate, but still a great read.
Divergent by Veronica Roth. It's actually the first in a series that I haven't bothered to try and hunt down the next one. Idk why, I just haven't.

My family falls into the second category on Harry Potter, but I think that they're incredibly overrated.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
10. Black Beauty by Anne Sewell: This book beautifully portrays the life of a stallion called Black Beauty. It shows his struggles in the world when he is given to different owners who either treat him well, or abuse him. This novel makes us aware of animal mistreatment and abuse. It is a bittersweet, beautiful tale woven by Anna when she was at the last years of her life. It was one of the first books to have an animal as a protagonist.
This book has a touching story, everyone should read it.

9. Narnia by C.S. Lewis: The Narnia series is a great combination of fantasy and Christian themes. Aslan, The Lion and creator of Narnia, represents Jesus Christ. You can see this especially in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe when he gives his life for Edmund.

8. The Giver and Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry: The Giver is a science fiction novel is about a community that seems utopian, but when Jonas delves deeper into how his community is run, finds out it is actually terribly dystopian. He tries to figure out how to escape. Gathering Blue is the sequel to this masterpiece.

7. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen: This survival story tells the story of a boy who is lost in the wilderness because of a plane crash. He must figure out how to survive with just a hatchet he took with him, all the while dealing with trauma from the plane crash. I love good survival novels, and this one is the best of the best.

6. Redwall by Brian Jacques: I had watched the animated version, and loved it. When I found four of the books in a book store, it peaked my interest, especially when I remembered the animated tv show. I love the flavorful cast of characters in this book series. The moles, sparrows, and so many more creatures all have a unique speaking style.

5. Pegasus by Kate O’Hearn: A middle school fantasy series made up of six books. It gives the original Greek/Roman myths a new twist. It tells the story about Pegasus cashing onto the roof of a teenager’s (named Emily) apartment in New York City. From there she, accompanied by Joel (a human) and Paelen, (an Olympian) helps Pegasus avoid the CRU, a menacing government agency obsessed with the supernatural, and return to Olympus safely, all the while staying clear of vicious monsters with four arm and three eyes called Nirads, who are mysteriously targeting and focusing all their efforts on killing Pegasus and Emily. I’ve reread them recently, and they still have the charm and cliffhangers I fondly remember.
I highly recommend them for people who like fantasy, mythology, and some romance. Emily x Paelen forever

4. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien: This classic originally started out as a children’s book for Tolkien’s own children, but today it is loved by all ages. This book got me interested in Tolkien’s works, and eventually led me to reading LotR and discovering the epic story within. Let me quote the famous first lines,

“In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.”

3. Maximum Ride: The Manga by James Patterson (Author) and NaRae Lee (Artist): I stumbled upon this manga series in my library. It was the first manga I had ever read, and I enjoyed every single second of it. This science-fiction series is about six kids, who had bird DNA inserted into them when they were babies and brought to a science lab called ‘The School’. They have wings. They escaped, and now they’re on the run. Erasers, half wolves half people, were created by The School to track the flock of kids down. When Angel, the youngest flock member, only six years old, gets captured, Max and the remaining flock race (or in this case, fly) to save her.
I recently got the first book of the novel form of the manga. The writing style in it is so different from what I’m used to. First off, it’s first person, which I don’t write in that much, second, almost every sentence is a thought from the main character, Max. Or it has a opinion from the Max. It reads like a journal. Sometimes she actually talks to us, the reader.

Example: ‘spiky brambles’ would instead be something like ‘wicked brambles.’

It’s definitely a wonderful learning experience. Getting exposed to different writing styles is a great way to further develop mine.

2. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien: This epic fantasy never fails to inspire and captivate me. It was one of the series that inspired my novel. Tolkien’s world building is incredible. He even made up a language for his creative writing! He is what I aim to be as a writer. I might not be able to create a whole language, but I do want to have the same quality of world building, plot, characters, and writing skills. The Lord of the Rings is a perfect example of that. A simple Hobbit, Frodo, is tasked with saving all of Middle Earth by destroying the One Ring in Mount Doom. He has to withstand the temptations of the ring, and avoid the Ring Wraiths and other foul creatures. His faithful companion, Sam, is always by his side, and always willing to help. He stays with Frodo to the end.
This masterpiece is timeless. A fantasy classic; anyone who loves fantasy absolutely needs to read this trilogy.

1. Warriors by Erin Hunter: A fantasy series about four clans of cats living in the wild. One of my all-time favorite book series ever. It has over 5 series, each with 6 books in them, as well as several super editions and novellas. My favorite is the first (The Prophecies Begin) and third (The Power of Three) series. In the first series, Rusty, a normal young kittypet, adventures out into the wild and stumbles upon Thunderclan. Because Thunderclan is running low on new warriors, the leader, Bluestar, recruits Rusty into her clan, giving him the new apprentice name of Firepaw. He’ll have to struggle to show his strength and worth to his new clanmates, and prove he is more than ‘a soft-hearted kittypet’. At the same time, he unearths a malicious plot to overthrow Thunderclan and rule the forest, thought up by one of his own clanmates!
Warriors has some of the best characters and plots I’ve ever seen. Definitely recommend.

How’d you like my list? As you can obviously tell, fiction, especially fantasy, is my favorite genre.

Call of the Wild and White Fang, both by Jack London.

I was thinking of putting Call of the Wild on my list, but I’ve only read an abridged version a few years back. I think I would like to experience the true, original story before ranking it. I’m sure that once I do it’ll be pretty high on my list, because I loved the abridged, but for now I’ll just keep it as an honorable mention.

1. The Harry Potter series (From my experience, there's two types of Christians: Those who boycott Harry Potter and those who love it. My family falls into the latter.)

My close family is the first haha. I personally don’t care, the Harry Potter series doesn’t interest me that much. Considering how many people I see who are shocked or slightly surprised when I haven’t read or watched Harry Potter, the series is most likely very overrated.

Lord of the Rings will always be better anyways

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Stormlight Archives, brandon sanderson
Gregor the Overlander, Suzanne collins
The Wheel of Time, Robert jordan
A Series of Unfortunate Events, lemony snicket
Redwall, Brian jacques
Eragon, Christopher paolini
Alfred Kropp, Rick yancey
Bartimaeus trilogy, Jonathan stroud
The Curse of the Flying Dutchman and The Angel's Command, Brian jacques
Inhkheart, cornelia funke

Not in any particular order but stormlight archives as a work stand head and shoulders above anything I've ever read
And I read a lot

It's really funny seeing all the "boring books" I had to read in school crop up in some of these lists, like julie of the wolves or the giver

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
Crud, I keep forgetting this thread exists.
What are you top 10 video games of all time?

10. Cuphead
9. Undertale
8. Punch Out!! for the Wii
7. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
6. Super Kirby Clash
5. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
4. Kirby Star Allies
3. Brawl Stars
2. Miitopia
1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Honorable mentions: Literally any Mario game ever, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Kirby Fighters 2, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom