• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline of Startimer (draft)

agree with startimer because the "hylian prophecy" probably refered to get this...holodrum/labrynnya. because the prophecy was probably to have link kill ganon when he is ressurected so that he wouldn't reck havoc on hyrule/holodrum/labynnya. and im not sure but i think that zelda does mention a prophecy before she is taken by twinrova.
The "Hylian Prophesy" is nothing but NoA fluff. It doesn't appear in the Japanese version.
these are the
mark of the hero
who is fated to
appear when
peace crumbles
in Hyrule.
With the
Essences of
Nature and Time
and the courage
you possess, you
have fought back
the powers of
evil! The
guidance of the
Triforce has
made you into
this legendary
hero!
He's fated to appear when peace in Hyrule crumbles. He has appeared. Therefore what can we conclude is the state of Hyrule? I'm asking you, seriously. Answer this logically or agree (because I'm right).

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
He's fated to appear when peace in Hyrule crumbles. He has appeared. Therefore what can we conclude is the state of Hyrule? I'm asking you, seriously. Answer this logically or agree (because I'm right).

It could merely just be a legend seeing as how he only ever has appeared when peace in Hyrule has crumbled. All she stated was something that has happened. No where does it say that peace in Hyrule has actually crumbled. Everything you said is speculation. Because Link normally shows up when peace has crumbled in Hyrule throughout the series, you assume that he showed up (in 2 completely different countries) because peace has crumbled in Hyrule. Are you suggesting that he should not save Labrynna and Holodrum because they are not Hyrule? For that matter does that mean that peace has crumbled in Hyrule during the events of LA?

According to you, LA and OoX feature the same Link which would mean that Link fighting in LA means that peace in Hyrule has crumbled. Does that sound about right? Is Link supposed to magically disappear when Hyrule is in a peaceful state?

The point is that other than that one quote, which only leaves room for speculation, there is nothing to say that Hyrule was in any danger in OoX. Hence why he is sent somewhere other than Hyrule. Even at the end of the game, Zelda says he has restored peace, but she never once says he restored peace to Hyrule.

You have a quote that says that Link is the hero fated to show up when peace in Hyrule crumbles. Every Link shows up when peace in Hyrule crumbles...and at other times when Hyrule is not involved.

Your argument=one quote.

My argument=the rest of the game.

It could merely just be a legend seeing as how he only ever has appeared when peace in Hyrule has crumbled.
Short response: Bull ****
Long response: I could apply this to almost anything to avoid evidence. It doesn't make it logical. Such as: "The story shown in the manual about the SW is wrong because it could have been a legend." Which is completely ridiculous as nothing indicates such. If the text says that his fate is to appear when peace in Hyrule, and he has appeared, and Zelda says nothing about Hyrule actually being fine, then Hyrule's peace has surely crumbled.

According to you, LA and OoX feature the same Link which would mean that Link fighting in LA means that peace in Hyrule has crumbled. Does that sound about right? Is Link supposed to magically disappear when Hyrule is in a peaceful state?
I'm not saying that they ARE the same, by the way. I'm saying your argument against OoX/LA is wrong.

Also, what?

I'm saying that since we know that the Daimaou is being resurrected to take over the world, that's the only logical thing that would be endangering Hyrule. By Link defeating Ganon, he stops the only thing we know of that is threatening Hyrule. Which would return peace to Hyrule.
You have a quote that says that Link is the hero fated to show up when peace in Hyrule crumbles. Every Link shows up when peace in Hyrule crumbles...and at other times when Hyrule is not involved.
I don't see the problem. The only thing that would possibly be crumbling the peace of Hyrule is Ganon. Link defeats Ganon. Link then surely, and logically, returns peace to Hyrule.

When you look at it, LA can go after every game with Ganon in it. Which is even confirmed by both Miyamoto and Dan Owsen.
The point is that other than that one quote, which only leaves room for speculation, there is nothing to say that Hyrule was in any danger in OoX.
You don't need more than one freaking quote. And Hyrule would surely be endangered if the Demon King of freaken Darkness was being resurrected.
Even at the end of the game, Zelda says he has restored peace, but she never once says he restored peace to Hyrule.
So you'd say it's logical for peace to have crumbled in Hyrule, there only being one thing endangering the place (Ganon), peace gets restored by killing Ganon, and peace isn't restored to Hyrule? That's completely ridiculous.

Well... it's another funny argument I can post on ZU and LA for some laughs, I guess.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Yeah Zemen I think you should consider the fact that Twinrova were going to sacrifice PRINCESS ZELDA OF HYRULE, to revive GANON, who obviously has a history with taking over Hyrule, by stopping this from happening, Link saved Hyrule.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
If the prophecy is supposed to refer to a hero saving Holodrum or Labrynna then why would it be referred to as a HYLIAN prophecy. HYLIANS are from Hyrule, not Labrynna or Holodrum so it makes no sense to have a HYLIAN prophecy for a non-hylian country.

As I have stated, there is nothing in OoX about Hyrule being in any danger, whatsoever nor is there in anything in OoX about peace being brought back to Hyrule. Hyrule was not any point of interest in the entire game.

did you not read the rest of my post because first ganon was going to destroy holodrum/labrynnya AND THEN go destroy hyrule. so link destroyed ganon not only to bring peace to holodrum/labynnya but to hyrule also.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
did you not read the rest of my post because first ganon was going to destroy holodrum/labrynnya AND THEN go destroy hyrule. so link destroyed ganon not only to bring peace to holodrum/labynnya but to hyrule also.

No where in either of the games does it say anywhere that Hyrule was under attack by any means. Ganon was not resurrected in Hyrule, he was resurrected in Labrynna/Holodrum. Ganon was killed moments after beaing resurrected so he didn't even have a chance to make any impact on Hyrule. None of the monsters attacked Hyrule. None of the main villains attacked Hyrule. nothing life threatening happened in Hyrule so what makes you think peace in Hyrule has crumbled?

By the way, SoJ, if Link is only fated to appear when peace in Hyrule has crumbled then LA can't be a direct sequel unless peace has crumbled in Hyrule allowing him to save the Wind Fish. If he is fighting monsters and saving the world and LA is a direct sequel then I guess peace must have crumbled in Hyrule, as well. See the problem with that?

Megamannt125

Blue Link
No where in either of the games does it say anywhere that Hyrule was under attack by any means. Ganon was not resurrected in Hyrule, he was resurrected in Labrynna/Holodrum. Ganon was killed moments after beaing resurrected so he didn't even have a chance to make any impact on Hyrule. None of the monsters attacked Hyrule. None of the main villains attacked Hyrule. nothing life threatening happened in Hyrule so what makes you think peace in Hyrule has crumbled?

By the way, SoJ, if Link is only fated to appear when peace in Hyrule has crumbled then LA can't be a direct sequel unless peace has crumbled in Hyrule allowing him to save the Wind Fish. If he is fighting monsters and saving the world and LA is a direct sequel then I guess peace must have crumbled in Hyrule, as well. See the problem with that?

It's not what Ganon did do it's what he could've done. If Link hadn't stopped Ganon from being fully revived, who knows what might of happened. Do you think that if he was fully revived he would just stay in Hooldrum and Labrynna? No. He would go to Hyrule and try to destroy it, he wouldn't just give up his original plans, Ganon isn't like that. So in a sense, at the ending of OOX, the peace and fate of Hyrule hangs in the balance.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
It's not what Ganon did do it's what he could've done. If Link hadn't stopped Ganon from being fully revived, who knows what might of happened. Do you think that if he was fully revived he would just stay in Hooldrum and Labrynna? No. He would go to Hyrule and try to destroy it, he wouldn't just give up his original plans, Ganon isn't like that. So in a sense, at the ending of OOX, the peace and fate of Hyrule hangs in the balance.

Yes, he could have gone to Hyrule, but did he? No. Nothing happened in Hyrule. That's the point. They are trying to argue that peace in Hyrule has crumbled, except nothing happened in Hyrule. Peace COULD have crumbled in Hyrule if nothing was done about Ganon, but that's not the case.

Ganon in OoX didn't have the brain to go to Hyrule and do anything. The only thing we know about Ganon's revived version in OoX, is that he was "a mindless, raging Ganon", and the only two quotes he made were "Kill All, Destroy All!", and, "I am Ganon, the Evil King!". Taking that into account, I'd say Ganon had no intention of doing anything in particular in Hyrule. He just wanted to kill stuff. He had absolutely NO reign of tyranny in Hyrule during OoX. None whatsoever.

On the other hand, in ALttP, we know that Ganon sent a pawn (Agahnim) to Hyrule to carry out his deeds. In doing so, the Ganon-controlled Agahnim captured the six maidens, killed the King of Hyrule, and kidnapped Zelda as well. Ganon did have a reign of tyranny over Hyrule during these events. This goes perfectly with the BS in LA's manual, while if you try and place OoX after ALttP, then you run into problems as mentioned above.

So, you have a BS to a game (LA), that essentially says Hyrule was being terrorized by the antics of Ganon. That same BS also gives Link the title of the Hero who defeated Ganon and saved Hyrule. It also speaks of the people of Hyrule being afraid of Ganon's return. All of this fits perfectly if you believe ALttP/LA, because in that game Link did defeat Ganon, saved Hyrule from his obvious tyranny, the people of Hyrule would know of this because of their king being killed and their princess being captured, all of that they would know about after everything was said and done. It does not fit perfectly after OoX, where Link may have defeated Ganon, but he did not save Hyrule from Ganon's tyranny and the people of Hyrule would have had no reason to be afraid of Ganon's return at all because he was never there to mess anything up during OoX.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Ganon in OoX didn't have the brain to go to Hyrule and do anything. The only thing we know about Ganon's revived version in OoX, is that he was "a mindless, raging Ganon", and the only two quotes he made were "Kill All, Destroy All!", and, "I am Ganon, the Evil King!". Taking that into account, I'd say Ganon had no intention of doing anything in particular in Hyrule. He just wanted to kill stuff. He had absolutely NO reign of tyranny in Hyrule during OoX. None whatsoever.

On the other hand, in ALttP, we know that Ganon sent a pawn (Agahnim) to Hyrule to carry out his deeds. In doing so, the Ganon-controlled Agahnim captured the six maidens, killed the King of Hyrule, and kidnapped Zelda as well. Ganon did have a reign of tyranny over Hyrule during these events. This goes perfectly with the BS in LA's manual, while if you try and place OoX after ALttP, then you run into problems as mentioned above.

So, you have a BS to a game (LA), that essentially says Hyrule was being terrorized by the antics of Ganon. That same BS also gives Link the title of the Hero who defeated Ganon and saved Hyrule. It also speaks of the people of Hyrule being afraid of Ganon's return. All of this fits perfectly if you believe ALttP/LA, because in that game Link did defeat Ganon, saved Hyrule from his obvious tyranny, the people of Hyrule would know of this because of their king being killed and their princess being captured, all of that they would know about after everything was said and done. It does not fit perfectly after OoX, where Link may have defeated Ganon, but he did not save Hyrule from Ganon's tyranny and the people of Hyrule would have had no reason to be afraid of Ganon's return at all because he was never there to mess anything up during OoX.
What I meant, is that if Zelda was sacrificed as planned rather than Twinrova sacrificing themselves.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
What I meant, is that if Zelda was sacrificed as planned rather than Twinrova sacrificing themselves.

You can't argue what MIGHT have happened to make a theory about what DID happen logical. NOTHING happened in Hyrule. Whether it COULD have happened or not, it DIDN'T, therefor peace in Hyrule had not crumbled.

Yeah, if that happened, a different set of events may have played out. But as far as your timeline goes, you have to work with what actually did happen, as Zemen said. A timeline can't be based on a "what-if" thing because then, you could make a timeline in any order whatsoever, just making up random facts.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Well thanks Sign of Justice and Megamannt for backing me up on the OoX/LA issue.
( I never thought this thread would get so popular :p)

But yes, I believe that having Ganon be revied once is enough for the people of Hyrule to be worried about it happenning again. And just because nothing happened in Hyrule doesn't mean Hyrule wasn't threatened by this mindless Ganon that wanted to destroy EVERYTHING. "Kill all". I dont think that just because Ganon wasn't ressurected in Hyrule grants Hyrule immunity from "Kill all".

Lets say theres a nuclear missle pointed at America. Someone goes over to the other country, fights a big battle, and disables the missle. Nothing happened IN America, but that hero-guy still saved America, right? Or do you say, since the missle was never fired, there was nothing to save us from?

'cuz thats what happened. Link 'disabled the missle' (Ganon)

(yes I continue to support OoX/LA cuz its the only thing that sets my timeline apart from every other well-recieved timeline on ZD)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well thanks Sign of Justice and Megamannt for backing me up on the OoX/LA issue.
( I never thought this thread would get so popular :p)

But yes, I believe that having Ganon be revied once is enough for the people of Hyrule to be worried about it happenning again. And just because nothing happened in Hyrule doesn't mean Hyrule wasn't threatened by this mindless Ganon that wanted to destroy EVERYTHING. "Kill all". I dont think that just because Ganon wasn't ressurected in Hyrule grants Hyrule immunity from "Kill all".

Lets say theres a nuclear missle pointed at America. Someone goes over to the other country, fights a big battle, and disables the missle. Nothing happened IN America, but that hero-guy still saved America, right? Or do you say, since the missle was never fired, there was nothing to save us from?

'cuz thats what happened. Link 'disabled the missle' (Ganon)

(yes I continue to support OoX/LA cuz its the only thing that sets my timeline apart from every other well-recieved timeline on ZD)

Except the flaw with your analogy is that the missile is "alive" throughout your analogy. Ganon was not alive. You're talking about something that is there the whole time while I am talking about something that doesn't show its face til the end of the linked game and only lasts moments. Ganon was not around through the entire game. He wasn't even alive long enough for people in Hyrule to know he was alive. You can't fear what you don't know exists. Ignorance is bliss. I think that works quite well in this situation. Ganon was a threat for all of (insert length of battle against Ganon). Basically he was resurrected and then killed pretty quickly. He was not alive long enough to be a threat to Hyrule.

V

Viral

So Zemen, pretty much, you are saying that if Ganon killed Link after being revived in OoX, he wouldn't go to Hyrule to destroy/control it? Ridiculous.

And you say that SoJ is unreasonable, every single argument that you guys have is not only in his favour, but he is the only one making coherent, mature remarks where as you simply defend your baseless assumptions and theories with "nah, my theory is right and you are wrong".

l2 theorise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom