• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline of Startimer (draft)

startimer

Resident Cartographer
A couple notes first:
-this is a draft. after I get the public opinion I will revise and edit it.
-My sig will usually be my most up-to-date timeline. usually.

that being said, here goes

::::::::::/-WW/PH
MC--OoT
::::::::::\MM--TP--FS/FSA--Alttp--LoZ/AoL--OoX/LA

(MPH!)=Major Plot Hole!

-------------------------------------------------

I think that I'll address the more controversial placements for now.

-FS/FSA on AT-
I honestly think that putting FSA and Alttp on seperate timelines works very well. FSA gave us a story of Ganon getting stuck in his blue-swine form that contradicted Alttp's version. but just plop them down on different timelines and...all better :)

-Absence of ST-
All we have to place it is that NoA quote ('100 years after PH'), and we all know NoA can't be trusted on timeline issues.

-OoX/LA-
This one has been hit hard. Most people still except Alttp/LA. But I'll try to explain why OoX fits the bill better. First, I'm going with a common arguement, and bringing up the 13 (it is 13, right?) exclusive enemies, including the Moblin King. But I'll add to it. Many people think they just got lazy and reused the sprites from LA in OoX so that they wouldn't have to make new ones. Well, I'm bringing tilesetts into it. They made 4 new tilesets for this game, different enough that they couldn't be from LA, but similar enough that we see the resemblance. Koholint was made of links memries, not only from Hyrule, but from Holodrum and Labrynna as well, which is why they look so similar. On a side note, they used the same sprite for Marin and Zelda, which I believe was a possible reason Link thought that Marin was Zelda. I played OoX first, then when I played LA I thought it was Zelda, too. Plus, the Ending of OoX leads perfectly into the intro of LA.
In all, I think that OoX is an obvious prequal to LA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

wow. Most of that was about OoX/LA.

well, if you have questions, ask, and if you want to debate, I've got responses ready ;)

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
You have a major plot hole because FS/FSA should go before ALTTP.

Have you played the GBA ALTTP? It has the palace of the Four Sword in the Dark World. ALTTP was retconned to connect to the Four Swords saga. Even if you don't put them before ALTTP (which would make no sense not to), they should at least be on the same side of the timeline.

Other than that problem, I pretty much agree with your timeline.

I pretty much agree with you except for two things.

1) FS/FSA (like Zemen said) should go before ALttP. If FSA is the Seal War it would still have to go there, and if it's not, well..., it would still have to go there because of the Ganondorf/Ganon thing.

2) While I could agree with you on OoX/LA, the manual for LA says that after Link was done in ALttP, he sailed away or something like that. Point being that ALttP Link and LA Link are the same Link. Which would push this: ALttP/LA--LoZ/AoL--OoX

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Ok, I'll give and put FS/FSA before Alttp.

But as for LA, the manual said nothing about Alttp. It just said Link killed Ganon. That happened in LoZ and OoX, too.

Ok, I'll give and put FS/FSA before Alttp.

But as for LA, the manual said nothing about Alttp. It just said Link killed Ganon. That happened in LoZ and OoX, too.

I must be thinking of something else then. Sorry. But, it talked about Ganon in Hyrule, so it couldn't be OoX. And it doesn't fit in between AoL and OoX, so my best guess would be after ALttP.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
z4dx-04-05.jpg

here's the prologue, for future reference. It say's "you fulfilled the Hyrulian profecy of the Legendary hero and destroyed the evil tyrant Ganon" that could easily describe OoX, except Ganon wasn't alive long enough to become a tyrant. (but he wasn't a tyrant in Alttp either ;)) well I'm going to refrain from posting for awhile cuz i think theres a rule about two-person debates.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
z4dx-04-05.jpg

here's the prologue, for future reference. It say's "you fulfilled the Hyrulian profecy of the Legendary hero and destroyed the evil tyrant Ganon" that could easily describe OoX, except Ganon wasn't alive long enough to become a tyrant. (but he wasn't a tyrant in Alttp either ;)) well I'm going to refrain from posting for awhile cuz i think theres a rule about two-person debates.

I'll make this a 3 person debate then.

I didn't realize you had LA as a direct sequel to OoX or I would have mentioned something (I don't agree with that either).

This is my reasoning. LA was created to take place after a game where Ganon was terrorizing Hyrule. At the time that LA was created there were only 2 games that had Ganon appear in them (ALTTP and LoZ). LoZ pretty much has not story to it and ALTTP does have a story that is heavily about Ganon.

You're wrong that Ganon wasn't a tyrant in ALTTP. He ruled his own realm that was a dark mirror of Hyrule. That screams "tyrant" to me.

The main thing I want to point out is that LA specifically says that Link set on this journey of self enlightenment after defeating Ganon and bringing peace back to Hyrule. In case you didn't know this, OoX doesn't take place in Hyrule so that automatically doesn't match up with LA's BS.

I personally agree that LA is a direct sequel to ALTTP.

I put OoX after AoL just because it seems logical when you think of it in terms of Ganon's state of being.

In AoL Ganon's minions are trying to resurrect Ganon by killing Link. They ultimately fail and Ganon is not resurrected. Many years later, Twinrova make a new attempt at reviving Ganon in OoX and they partially succeed but the brainless Ganon is swiftly beaten.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
This is my reasoning. LA was created to take place after a game where Ganon was terrorizing Hyrule. At the time that LA was created there were only 2 games that had Ganon appear in them (ALTTP and LoZ). LoZ pretty much has not story to it and ALTTP does have a story that is heavily about Ganon.

yes, at the time. I believe that OoX was intentionally made to replace Alttp as the BS of LA, and since nothing has contradicted that since OoX came out, i dont see why it cant.

You're wrong that Ganon wasn't a tyrant in ALTTP. He ruled his own realm that was a dark mirror of Hyrule. That screams "tyrant" to me.

lol I'm not sure if having dominion over talking trees and mindless monsters and monkey thieves counts as tyranny.

The main thing I want to point out is that LA specifically says that Link set on this journey of self enlightenment after defeating Ganon and bringing peace back to Hyrule. In case you didn't know this, OoX doesn't take place in Hyrule so that automatically doesn't match up with LA's BS.

I don't remember anything about Hyrule in that BS, only the 'Hyrulian Profecy'. but aside from that, a lot of facts dont match up from game to game. look at OoT, FSA. both are argued to be the SW yet neither match Alttp's BS perfectly. I believe it's the same situation with OoX and LA

I will give on most games, but i defend OoX/LA with my LIFE!!!
jk, lol. sure i'll give, if the evidence convinses me otherwise.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
"Link, who had defeated the evil Ganon and regained peace in Hyrule, had not enjoyed the archived tranquility for long, and eventually becomes restless."

That is literally the first sentence to the BS of LA which specifically states that Link regained peace to HYRULE. OoX had nothing to do with Hyrule.

I understand that some things don't match up from game to game, but the fact that a completely different country is in the BS of LA than in OoX is too big of a piece of evidence to just "not match up."

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Well, in all honesty, your arguing using hard, in-game evidence while i'm arguing based on 'original intent'
so you're right, at the time being Alttp does seem more likely.

whivh begs the question: where is Link going at the end of OoX? Home? probably.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well, in all honesty, your arguing using hard, in-game evidence while i'm arguing based on 'original intent'
so you're right, at the time being Alttp does seem more likely.

whivh begs the question: where is Link going at the end of OoX? Home? probably.

Yes, I would say he is heading back to Hyrule. He was transported there by the Triforce and the only reason the Triforce did that was because he was needed in Holodrum/Labrynna. If he is not needed in Hyrule then the only way back is by boat or by plane (which they obviously don't have).

Well he was a Yami no Maou, which means he's required to have a Makai.
We've been over this so many damn times...

Link in OoX is SPECIFICALLY STATED to have returned peace to Hyrule, thus fulfilling the only requirements of the LA BS.
That is literally the first sentence to the BS of LA which specifically states that Link regained peace to HYRULE. OoX had nothing to do with Hyrule.
Zelda disagrees. She says that Link is fated to return peace to Hyrule, then later says that he fulfilled his destiny (IIRC). If he fulfills his destiny, which is to return peace to Hyrule, then he has clearly done so. What did he do to return peace to Hyrule? He defeated Ganon.
I understand that some things don't match up from game to game, but the fact that a completely different country is in the BS of LA than in OoX is too big of a piece of evidence to just "not match up."
But it does match up as OoX Link returned peace to Hyrule. Which is all that is required.

I have given a lot of proof in the past that he DID return peace to Hyrule. All you've given is arguments from personal incredulity and biased opinions.

Prove my evidence (which you can find in the other thread that we had a few weeks ago) wrong. Because until you do, I'm going to keep saying the same thing.
Yes, I would say he is heading back to Hyrule. He was transported there by the Triforce and the only reason the Triforce did that was because he was needed in Holodrum/Labrynna. If he is not needed in Hyrule then the only way back is by boat or by plane (which they obviously don't have).
Uhm... no. His back is to Hyrule at the end. He's leaving Hyrule. Look at the ending. There is a castle in both endings. He's clearly leaving Hyrule.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well he was a Yami no Maou, which means he's required to have a Makai. We've been over this so many damn times...

Link in OoX is SPECIFICALLY STATED to have returned peace to Hyrule, thus fulfilling the only requirements of the LA BS. Zelda disagrees. She says that Link is fated to return peace to Hyrule, then later says that he fulfilled his destiny (IIRC). If he fulfills his destiny, which is to return peace to Hyrule, then he has clearly done so. What did he do to return peace to Hyrule? He defeated Ganon. But it does match up as OoX Link returned peace to Hyrule. Which is all that is required.

I have given a lot of proof in the past that he DID return peace to Hyrule. All you've given is arguments from personal incredulity and biased opinions.

Prove my evidence (which you can find in the other thread that we had a few weeks ago) wrong. Because until you do, I'm going to keep saying the same thing. Uhm... no. His back is to Hyrule at the end. He's leaving Hyrule. Look at the ending. There is a castle in both endings. He's clearly leaving Hyrule.

Despite everything you have just said you have yet to explain how he regained peace in Hyrule in OoX. No where does it say in either game that Hyrule was in danger nor does it say anywhere in OoX that he regained peace in Hyrule. There was never anything mentioned of any attacks on Hyrule. Ganon was not revived in Hyrule. Veran and Onox never set foot in Hyrule nor did Twinrova. The only part of the game that takes place in Hyrule is Link riding towards the castle to get teleported away and the ending when he is seen leaving Hyrule, according to you, so please tell me why you think Hyrule was in danger and how peace was regained.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
i agree with startimer because the "hylian prophecy" probably refered to get this...holodrum/labrynnya. because the prophecy was probably to have link kill ganon when he is ressurected so that he wouldn't reck havoc on hyrule/holodrum/labynnya. and im not sure but i think that zelda does mention a prophecy before she is taken by twinrova.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i agree with startimer because the "hylian prophecy" probably refered to get this...holodrum/labrynnya. because the prophecy was probably to have link kill ganon when he is ressurected so that he wouldn't reck havoc on hyrule/holodrum/labynnya. and im not sure but i think that zelda does mention a prophecy before she is taken by twinrova.

If the prophecy is supposed to refer to a hero saving Holodrum or Labrynna then why would it be referred to as a HYLIAN prophecy. HYLIANS are from Hyrule, not Labrynna or Holodrum so it makes no sense to have a HYLIAN prophecy for a non-hylian country.

As I have stated, there is nothing in OoX about Hyrule being in any danger, whatsoever nor is there in anything in OoX about peace being brought back to Hyrule. Hyrule was not any point of interest in the entire game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom