• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Time for voice acting

Do you want proper voice acting

• Yes

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters
What are you on about? My point is based on one game that has enough vocal material to conjure up a speaking voice, I have no idea why you brought up older Zelda games when that's not what I was getting at in the first place.

All I'm saying is the fans who did the fan dub for Hyrule Warriors didn't really do very good impressions for those characters. I'm no professional voice actor, nor do I want to be, but I'm confident I could of done a better Volga impression then what was done in that video.
Well, I don't know why you don't know what I'm "on about" because all I did was respond to what you said. Your first paragraph was nothing but negative things against the posted fan dub, followed up with this.

"I appreciate the fact it's a fan dub, but after sitting through that, I think Nintendo would be better off sticking to their traditional voice method."

By saying that, you equate the fan dub and all the problems you cite with the fan dub as evidence that Nintendo should not include voice acting. You thereby equate what Nintendo would produce with the provided dub, whether or not you actually meant to. So either you should improve your syntax in the future, or don't make false equivalencies.

Also, I didn't bring up old games at all. I... don't know why you think I did.

Y2K

I understand where you are coming from with the whole "I don't want to hear "you, come here quickly!" or "hello Hero." or "Hi ..." It's jarring,". However this gives many new opportunities that Nintendo can utilize for their own advantage. The elder scrolls games for example, some of them have VA and look how they turned out. VA shows how intractable the world around him or her really is.

Reactions: Dio
Well, I don't know why you don't know what I'm "on about" because all I did was respond to what you said. Your first paragraph was nothing but negative things against the posted fan dub, followed up with this.

"I appreciate the fact it's a fan dub, but after sitting through that, I think Nintendo would be better off sticking to their traditional voice method."

By saying that, you equate the fan dub and all the problems you cite with the fan dub as evidence that Nintendo should not include voice acting. You thereby equate what Nintendo would produce with the provided dub, whether or not you actually meant to.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. The whole point I was trying to make was that the fan dub did not convince me that voice acting should be included in a future Zelda title. I'm one of those people who is on the fence about voice acting in Zelda yet leaning more towards not including it.

If someone was trying to sway my opinion and showed me that fan dub, that performance would of (or has) pushed me further towards disagreeing. That last sentence I wrote was a way to exaggerate my opinion on the dub, because I thought it was that poorly executed.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. The whole point I was trying to make was that the fan dub did not convince me that voice acting should be included in a future Zelda title. I'm one of those people who is on the fence about voice acting in Zelda yet leaning more towards not including it.

If someone was trying to sway my opinion and showed me that fan dub, that performance would of (or has) pushed me further towards disagreeing. That last sentence I wrote was a way to exaggerate my opinion on the dub, because I thought it was that poorly executed.
Ok, then let's lead this in a slightly new direction. You say you're on the fence, so how would you feel if only major cutscenes were voiced, and all the rest of the talking and banter in the game was handled pretty much the way it's been for all the 3D Zeldas? Because honestly, that's how I imagine it first when I think or talk about VS in Zelda.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom