• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Through Mysterious Doors (RP)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus was about to reply when the man spoke about the book again. He looked at the one he had and then heard the other woman's response before saying, "I was warped here by a book too, though mine pulled me here based on the poem I think. It was one by Robert Frost."

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Kirinen/Cyrus/Lance:

"Oh," the old man said. "Perhaps we can compare and find a similarity." The old man held out his hand to take the book from Cyrus.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Kirinen/Cyrus/Lance:

The old man started to compare books, while showing Jon too. His eyebrows furrowed as he strained to find the connection, but suddenly his eyes widened and he turned to Jon.

"Do you see it?"

It took a while, but then the old man closed the books and Jon realized. "Its the way they were said!" Jon said surprised.

"Yes!"

((...revive? I've been trying to get Silver to reply to this for a while now--no luck. She's pretty lazy, isn't she... kinda disappointed me, I put too much faith in hr, I guess. And it's a shame, she's a awesome Rper!))

Kirinen rose an eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?" Her colder demeanor had returned while they examined the book, and she honesty didn't mind. It was easier to--well, easier to exist with those walls.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
(Oh my gosh I frogoooooooooot. Thank you. :>)

Kirinen/Cyrus/Lance:

"It was the way you sang, or said, the words within each book," the old man explained. "You said you sung the poem idly before which took you to the maze, but when you sang frantically you came here. And you must have done the same," the old man said directing it to Cyrus and Lance.

"So I guess we'd go to that maze if we said or sung like Kirinen did," Jon said.

Toboe

Melody Malone
Melody took a sword and shield, and a dagger. She enters the middle door. She comes out into a field, and it looks like theres a town in the distance. So Melody walks in the direction of the town.

Kirinen's brow narrowed slightly. "I wouldn't call it idly, exactly. I was... reminiscing on the memories the song brought back, I suppose. And enjoying the melody. But... if that's true, there must be a reason the books were placed around like they were, and a reason that they take us to that maze. But... what's so significant about that place?"

~~~

Kira heard the howling and scowled again. She didn't have time to waste on werewolves. She had to find the damned book.

Standing carefully and finding that the mechanical limb did, indeed, support weight, she went back up the stairs. It was so much damned easier to navigate the shack without a freaking wolf attacking her. As she searched for it, she rolled the wand in her fingers, not wanting to set it down.

She didn't put too much thought into it, but the fact that she'd repaired teh leg in mere moments certainly spoke loudly. The twins had been right... Kira was no Muggle. It was difficult to grasp.

Although, really, the entire damned situation was difficult to grasp.

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
(Aww man, yes I lied. :< And Toboe even kept reminding me irl! Okay, now I will post... X3)

Kirinen/Cyrus/Lance:

"I don't know," the old man replied to Kirinen's question about the significance of the place she went to. "But it has to be important, for you at least, since you were even able to go there." The old man paused. He was thinking. "I don't think Jon or I could go there," he concluded. "You are travelers to our realm, I think you can be the only ones to go there."

Kira:

As Kira wandered the shack the howling ceased. However that was hardly noticable in an instant when she noticed something in the room. Something rectangular, book shaped...

Melody:

The field she walked through was very bright, and the voiew was absolutelly beautiful. Mountains were seen in the distance, and a forest was seen somewhere close. As Melody neared the town she noticed something. Was it getting smaller? The answer became a yes when she came to the entrance of this little town. All the houses were about half the saze of regular ones, and they were all embedded into the earth in the little hills. One sign in particular caught her eye; Bagend

((Weird request. I had the absolutely crazy idea to make Kira's Pirate Book, I dunno, one of DaVinci's sketchbooks or something? It would suit her so perfectly it wouldn't even be funny. And some of teh writings in there could be runes until you read them the other direction. Not to mention that some of the diagrams that might be in there could contain things that could temporarily be interpreted as potion stuff. And I know exactly what to do with it. So yeha, kind of odd, but is this okay?))

(Aww man, yes I lied. :< And Toboe even kept reminding me irl! Okay, now I will post... X3)

Kirinen/Cyrus/Lance:

"I don't know," the old man replied to Kirinen's question about the significance of the place she went to. "But it has to be important, for you at least, since you were even able to go there." The old man paused. He was thinking. "I don't think Jon or I could go there," he concluded. "You are travelers to our realm, I think you can be the only ones to go there."

Kira:

As Kira wandered the shack the howling ceased. However that was hardly noticable in an instant when she noticed something in the room. Something rectangular, book shaped...

((Sweetness uwu ))

Kirinen~

Kirinen nodded quietly, her head low and eyes brooding. She didn't really have anything to say... This game was more in-depth than she thought. it wasn't just a game.

Kira~

Looking at the book caused a tingling sensation behind her eyes, like she was looking at raw, concentrated power... a similar feeling to what she'd felt when she touched the wand, but not quite the same. She didn't ahve a single doubt that that was what she'd come there for.

Carefully, she approached the book, which was sticking out slightly from under a small table of sorts. Kneeling next to it, she reached out with hesitance, and...

And nothing at all happened when she touched the book. It did have a faint familiarity, as if she'd held it before, but... nothing too special.

Her expression became one of disgust. What, did she expect soemthing hugely important and magical to happen? How stupid could she get in one day. It was just a book--old, worn leather cover, pages sticking out and dogeared, heavy and thick with age. It looked like a journal of some sort, not a potions book, but an extra scan of the room revealed that it was the only book in the house? Shack? Sure, shack.

Still, she was curious. Tucking the wand into a pocket(the vest had plenty, and the one in question was certainly big enough to conceal the wand), she opened the book to a random page. There was a sketch of some kind of machine there--a flying machine? It couldn't work, there was no engine, and the manpower of its only passenger couldn't support it in the air. But it wasn't just intriguing, it was innovative. Whoever had drawn it, and written the notes surrounding it in some odd language, was a genius, if a slightly crazy or mislead one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom