• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Through Mysterious Doors (RP)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Phew! It's time to start ladies and gentlemen, but not without the usual rules and characters in them spoilers below.

Rules!

1. Have no fun, this is serious and if there is any fun you will be kicked out
1. No godmodding please :>
2. No immaculate characters of super perfection, it ruins the game yo
3. I've got a very set plot for this one so don't go side tracking TOO MUCH, because I know you guys will side track anyway :>
4. Don't go too fast, be courtious as to let other members have fun too :>
5. Have fun, lots and lots of fun, because this is supposed to be the best RP you've ever been in

Characters! (12)

Hylian_Monolith:
Name: Kirinen Aberita
Appearance: Ice-blue eyes, straight hair that's almost black. She's tall and lithe, at 5'9".
Background: At the age of seventeen, she accidentally started a fire that killed her family, her boyfriend, and destroyed her home. After she finished high school, one of her other personalities forced her to try to live a normal life in a bookstore while they went about their business unbeknown to her, and she's been trapped in that situation for years. She came to the experiment seeking a better life and perhaps freedom from the cruelty of the alter's command.
Other: Kirinen has multiple personality disorder. She mostly stays in control of the alter personalities, but she's actually an alter herself--a secret she struggles to keep. Despite this unfortunate attribute, she's an excellent leader.

Name: Kira Castillo
Appearance: A rather tall and muscular Hispanic woman with boyishly short hair a few tones darker than her caramel skin. Her eyes are turquoise, the most feminine feature she has--she can easily be mistaken for a man. She wears heavy work boots, black pants, and a beige turtleneck with the sleeves cut off to stay at the lowest temperature but hide as much of her flawed body as possible. She wraps her right arm--the non-mechanical one--with white strips of fabric to protect it form whatever chemicals she may have lying around. Because.. her workshop is really, really messy.
Background: Raised by a mechanic for a life as an engineer, she was involved in a horrible accident around eighteen and repaired mechanically. As a result, she has two robotic limbs, her left shoulder and much of her neck is skinless, instead covered with a strange black material, among other things. She went to the experiment because she secretly missed the days she spent working as a scientist herself and really has nothing better to do.
Other: She suffers intensely form heat exhaustion--above 75 degrees Fahrenheit she's at risk of fainting, and temperatures above 90 are potentially lethal. She is skilled with technical things as a result of her upbringing and the fact that she's half machine herself, but very hostile and intimidating.

Woyogoyo:
Name: Ian Komma
Appearance: Tall, athletic build, brown hair, brown eyes, wears a t-shirt and jeans.
Backstory: Raised in London.

TatlTails:
Name: Lulu O'Hare
Appearance: Pretty and innocent-looking. Has curly honey-blonde hair in two loose ponytails and big blue eyes. Wears a white short-sleeved button-down shirt 'country-girl' tied over a blue cami, a ruffled light denim skirt and white flip-flops.
Backstory: Her parents died when she was a little girl, in a fire that she accidentally caused when she tried to cook dinner for them. She's been moved from foster home to foster home because of her aggravatingly ditzy and innocent nature. Now that she's a legal adult... She really has no way to get money because she can't hold down a job for the same reason she couldn't hold down a home. She decided to do this challenge because it 'sounded like fun' and 'couldn't be as bad as it sounds'.

Toboe:
Name: Melody Malone
Hair color/Style: Blond, short and curly
Eye color: Brown
Clothes: Tan trench coat, black dress with no sleeves
Personality: Sly
Other: None

Raindrop14:
Name: Harley Windell
Appearance: Long light brown hair in a braid, regular garb of the times, average build, dark eyes that are a little purple
Background: She had been living with and taking care of her grandmother instead of going to school after high school, and then she saw the oppertunity to earn some sweet money whilst doing something possibly pretty easy. So she signed on to help give her grandmother a better home and also herself

Name: Kateo Cordelain
Appearance: Short dark hair that's a little curly, close cut beard, dark blue eyes, wears regular garb of this time, has a pretty average body build
Background: A pretty quiet guy, Kateo's parents passed from cancer pretty recently, and since then he hasn't been doing too good having to take care of their debts and things. So he saw this oppertunity as his salvation and signed on to do whatever it took

zeldaameture12:
Name: chase
Appearance: black t shirt, red shoes, red and black striped pants large lump in his right pocket
Background: grew up in a poor family and would become a daredevil for some extra cash not much else
Other: beaten up a lot as a kid so he carries a blade

Darknut_Hunter:
Name: Cyrus Larkson
Appearance: 6' tall, 180 lbs., well built, but not muscular by any standards. Black hair, blue eyes.
Background: Born with clinical depression, Cyrus found solace in one thing only: music. His parents, while wealthy, spent little time with him, and cared little for him. After moving to college Cyrus attempted suicide but was stopped by his roommate. After words Cyrus was admitted to a psychiatric hospital. He was later released after showing signs of improvement, but still bears deep mental scars and trauma. He joined the trials as an escape from his reality.
Other: Cyrus is prone to mental breakdowns under high stress situations and his aloof attitude makes him seem uncaring. Cyrus is also distrustful of most people, in particular women due to a multitude of rejections.

Lord Carlisle:
Name: Lord Carlisle

Appearance: Wears a hat, mask, and cape. Tall and thin. Look at my signature.

Background: Orphaned as a child, he grew up on his own, providing for himself. Somehow made his way through school and has a PhD in many sciences. Took up fencing in high school and is a master of swordplay.

Other: Possesses musical ability, a very capable engineer. Generally has a high class attitude and is quite sophisticated, but can be pushed to points of insanity.

Go_Skyward:
Name: Lance Flinn Tolkien
Appearance: look. He generally looks like that except he'd be wearing a black t-shrit with black jeans. He's 5'7
Background: Lance's father died when Lance was young, leaving him responsible for taking care of his family, which was hard word. It make him strong and caring, yet cold. He's a very adventurous man who wants to help others not suffer like he does.
Other: As seen above, he has a scar on his left eye and right arm. If he is able, he is skilled with a sword and he's very strong. He is also very leader-like.

Name: Shannon James Wolfe
Appearance: this He is 5'7, but only a little bit taller than Lance's, its only somewhat noticeable.
Background: Shannon is an orphan and was raised to always try to better his intelligence in the orphanage he grew up in, thus resulting in him becoming a genius.
Other: He's a genius, as stated above. He's great with technology and he's a flirt. But he's a really cool/good guy ^.^

Let the games begin...

The day had finally arrived. All twelve contestants headed out by plane, car, train or bus to go to the meeting place. It was a large mansion at the top of a hill, and it looked a little run down in the pictures. But beauty or size did not matter in this; the money was the ultimate goal for everyone. When all twelve got there they entered the house, not speaking a word to their competitors. When they entered the run down mansion it didn't look so run down from the inside. There were three men standing in the center of a large almost empty room, and one door behind each. In front of them lay a table with many assorted items such as weapons and much more. The men smiled at everyone, and began.

"Welcome to the ultimate quest of knowledge,"

"Wonder,"

"And self-determination," The third man completed.

"On this table we have laid out the items that are necessary to complete this challenge."

"You will need weapons," The second man said holding up a sword.

"And armor," Said the third with a breast plate in his hands.

"Please, take what you need and we shall begin."

Everyone was nervous at first and looked about warily, but decided it would be best to get this game started so they could end it quickly. Each took whatever suited him or her best, and when they were all suited up the men continued.

"Through these doors awaits your challenge."

"But you may only pick one door and no more."

"Through each door is a challenge you will know."

"The magic in this area is designed to build off of your memories," Said the first calmly.

"But only particular memories," Explained the second.

"It picks and chooses the memories of old tales and stories, and brings them to life!"

"Now that you have accepted your challenge, you must each pick a door and go through; there you will begin your challenge."

"The way out of this maze is to complete all the levels until you reach the pirate's book."

"Then you may go to the library, and find the ultimate treasure."

"Good luck."

The three men stepped to the side and seemed to sink into the walls. All the contestants were confused and some worried, but they shook it off; there was no turning back now. They each picked a door, and awaited what was on the other side.

(I'll let you all do your intros and I'll send each of you a VM explaining your area ;>)

Kirinen exhaled quietly, trying to soothe her finicky nerves. There was a bow in her hands, a full quiver at her back, and a katana at her waist. What could honestly go wrong? Except, of course, everything...

She had chosen light armor, intending to take on whatever battles the challenges held in a melee method--that was, filling the opponent's weak points with arrows before even approaching it. She had chosen the katana not because of her experience with ti, but because it flt right in her hands--one of her few decisions that wasn't carefully made and cautious, all for the best possible outcome.

Now she stood before the dark oaken door with the brass knob, unsure of what lied ahead--riches and glory, a new life, or something grislier? Her typically tense stance was tauter than ever, filled with dread. it hadn't seemed too bad before, but now... What had she been thinking? Her head throbbed gently, as it usually did in life. or mayb just when there was heavy traffic.

((.. is--is this all right? No too good or foreshadowy, but she's in. Tell me what I messed up on, I'll fix it.))

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Ian waited at his door. He hadn't signed up for this because of the money. No, he had plenty of that. He'd signed up because it sounded fun. The others were most likely greedy idiots.

Kira looked at her door, a simple and smooth one with a clear varnish, with near boredom. Sure, the thing with the men had been creepy, but how on earth could there actually be something behind that door other than what it was naturally possible to do? Going through walls was an old, old trick. But Kira was a person of science--literally running on hydraulics, electromagnets and machinery. She WAS science.

She definitely didn't believe in junk like magic.

She had taken minimal armor, but there had been a sort of tealish-blue shirt with a high collar that she had buttoned on over her turtleneck. It had plenty of pockets, and no matter what was in there, she'd need to fill those pockets with bits and pieces. There wasn't a doubt in her mind that she'd need to repair herself quite a bit, no matter what the "game" held. And as for weapons...

There was an intricate broadsword that caught her eye--elegant in its twisting design and slightly forked at the tip. It looked heavy, even for her--a two-handed sword for sure. But she pulled her eyes away from it. She didn't need a sword. Instead upon looking beneath the table, she found numerous random tools, as if they had shoved them under the table thinking that nobody would look.

"Bingo," she muttered under her breath, almost grinning with pleasure. A utility hammer--albeit a badly broken one. She'd used one a lot like it in her workshop, and this one even had the same degree of damage as her own. It was as much a tool as a weapon, in her opinion. Suddenly, she doubted that they were put underneath the table so much as to be hidden from view as to be found by someone clever enough to look. She used an empty gun holster to fasten it to her belt--she'd ahve to make it better later, for now it was a decent fit.
Among the other things beneath the table were random parts and pieces she would need(that she took many of), a screwdriver(Why not?), and a flattened roll of duct tape.

At this point, she seriously doubted that they were put there for any reason but to be used.

Now she stood before the door she had chosen, feeling like this was probably going to be easy--too easy. Everything was practically set in place for her to win. Her uncle's words from may years ago rang in her ears--"Confidence is the second-most dangerous thing in the world"--but she ignored them. Uncle Max had been great, sure, but he was also crazy in his own way. It was practiclaly impossible that she wasn't ready for whatever was going to happen.

After a long minute, she found herself going back to the table and carrying the broadsword back to the door. Just in case.

((holy GOOOD foreshadowing XD))

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Harley:

Harley's weapon of choice was a sword, and her armor choice was plate mail. After she was suited up and shtepped in front of the old oaken door, and after taking a deep breath and closing her eyes, she stepped inside. Immedeately Harley oepened her eyes to look around her, and saw that this place was truely magical. She was in a forest, a slightly familliar area that she might have read about before. It was snowing, but her armor, although it was metal, seemed to keep her warm. Harley decided to keep her sword out and take a look around, then she saw what gave the whole thing away. A lamp post, standing in the middle of a clearing in the snowy forest, lighting up that small area. Harley knew instantly what it was, and playing off of the words the three men said, she deciphered that she was in Narnia. A mythical world in a book that she'd read as a child. The three emn were right in that they would be going through things from their memories, this place was playing off of their memories of what they've read.

But now what? She was here in Narnia, it was snowing, and she didn't know what to do. The three emn said something about a pirate book, but where should she start to look? As Harley thought about her predicament she heard someone, or something, coming closer. Readying her sword she looked in all directions, and as she turned to the East she saw the perpitrator. It was a man, although not entirely, he had goat like legs and horns atop his head. Beside him was a little girl wearing a nice summer skirt and matching jacket. They both seemed surprised, and Harley lowered her weapon.

"Who are you?" the faun asked.

"I'm Harley, I'm here to complete this level. Do you know what I have to do?"

"I haven't the faintest idea of what your talking about."

"Wait a minute," The little girl piped up. "I've seen you before in a dream. You told me that you had to find Aslan."

"Really?" Harley asked a little confused. Could that be her mission then?

"Yes, you said you needed Aslan to get you out and get a book."

"Then that's where I'm headed!" Harley said joyfully.

"Wait, you can't go alone, you don't know this place well."

"If you 'd like to come along little girl I'd be glad to take you, but be aware that I wont save your hide all the time."

"I can take care of myself," the girl said proudly. "And I'm not a little girl."

Harley left it at that, and she and the little girl started off through the forest. The little girl first said good bye to the faun, and then they headed in any direction.

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Lance Tolkien scanned the room at the others around him. They all had the same look as he did, confusion... yet excitement. He was pretty sure everyone was here for the money like he was... of course Lance was, he needed the money earned here... He'd never have to worry for his family's well being again...

When Lance had gone to the table he picked an interesting looking sword. He wasn't sure why he just picked this lone sword... but called out to him somehow. But now he was currently standing in front of this door, hoping for the best...

--

Shannon Wolfe poked his door, of course it obviously didn't open. But Shannon was really curious what was behind it and couldn't wait to get started. Sure, we didn't mind the money, but the journey was what really interested him. Shannon believed one had to work for their riches... he also figured this was the best way to do it.

Back at the table, Shannon had picked a spear. It was plain and simple, but Shannon figured if he got a sci-fi area or something magic, he could fix up the spear to be amazing.

But now he stood by his door, waiting in anticipation.

(Rainy already told me my doors, but I was kind of listing Lance and Shannon's thoughts about this. I'm excited for this RP! ...and hope I replied okay XD

EDIT: We're allowed to go in the doors? Opps.... well, I screwed up already XD)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
(Sorry to make you guys wait again, it's memorial day and me and my family are going to go to mass and visit my grand father's grave. ^^ So you'll have to wait for your "ultimate goals" until I get back. By the way, I love your guys' openings, your so cool :D)

Kirinen exhaled. Some of the others were entering their doors, so she guessed that it was her turn to do so. She reached out to the cool brass knob, turned it, and stepped inside...

Light. Bright sunlight, the scent of forests and water... She opened her eyes and took a sharp breath. She was no longer in that room with the weapons--she was in some kind of mythical city, some sort of amazing other world. It was spectacular--a white and golden city, surrounded by the vast blue sky, shining mountains, and green forests, with the long river below.

It was a place Kirinen, a dedicated fan of Tolkien's works, would recognize anywhere. She was in Rivendell.

Which meant that... What the men had said about the worlds mirroring those stories--it was true. She was now walking within The Lord of the Rings--exactly as she pictured it, no less than that.

And, upon reaching up to push a lock of hair behind her year, she found something surprising. Startled, she turned around, tryign to find something reflective enough to show her if she was atually feeling this right...

The wall closest to her was slightly reflective, and she carefully examined her reflections. Sharp jaw, angular eyes, her skin somehow paler and her hair darker. She was an elf, and her ears were most definetly pointed.

((OMGEE NARNIA! I LOVE NARNIA

Elven Kirinen in Rivende-ell~ <3 Monolith hath entered by half!

I just realized how awesome this is for shipping. Lance Tolkien. Tolkien.
Yes.))

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
Lord Carlisle's mind was racing. Who were these men? Why would they hold these games? What's beyond these doors? He walked over to the weapon's table. He scanned the alignment of weapons. Maces, Bow and Arrows, knives... He saw something glinting through his peripheral vision. A gold-handled cutlass. Perfect for fencing. He grabbed the sword and its sheath, tucked it under his cape, and looked over the other supplies. Armor was useless; speed and agility were his strong suits. He saw some engineering supplies; cables, cords, and screwdrivers, things of that sort. He tucked as much as he could carry under his cape and walked over to the door.

He hesitated, hand on the doorknob, as if rethinking the choice to play this game. Eventually, he twisted the door handle and stepped inside... or outside. Just as soon as he'd closed the door behind him, sunlight burst from the sky. He covered his eyes, squinting, and noticed that sand was beneath his feet.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Lord Carlisle cried, turning to leave. But the door was gone. "HEY!!" he called to nobody in particular. "Tell me what's going on!" Nothing happened. He turned, thought, May as well press on, and forged forward through the sand.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus stared at the table a bit before moving to grab weapons.

"****ing pointless really, but nothing better to do," he muttered.

Scattered about were various swords, axes, guns, bows, and so much more. Cyrus grabbed a kevlar vest and arm guards. Lighter was better. He saw a pistol and decided to strap it to his side for safety and then picked up what he liked the most: a pair of combat knives. He'd had experience with them before. Between self defence and the cuts on his wrists, he knew they would work well for him.

After he was done he walked away from the table and was directed to a door specifically for him. It was ancient looking, made of stone and marble and very heavy. He grabbed the knob and turned, pushing as he did so. To his surprise it opened easily, nearly weightless. He walked through and then was about to look back through when he noticed it was gone. The door was gone.

"How in the hell?"

Cyrus sighed and looked around. The sky was grey and he was on a hillside surrounded by grass and stones. Judging from the coolness of the air it was somewhere in the Isles, but he couldn't tell where. Then he saw it. In the distance there was a castle, huge and overbearing like the one that King Arthur resided in.

"King Arthur....holy ****! They really did mean books! I'm in The Sword and the Stone!"

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
(I love you guys)

Kateo:

Kateo was ready to go. After hearing carefully what the three men said he thought on it. The building playing on their memories? It was odd, but he was here to do the challenge and he meant to do whatever it took. Kateo quickly went over to the table and took up a two handed sword, nothing else. He quite liked simple weapons like that, and he was a big man so he could weild a weapon such as this. Then he went to a door. All the doors seemed different, but in a complex way that they were different for everyone. There were only three doors, but it was enchanting to feel the change but not really see it. Shaking his head from distracting thoughts Kateo turned to his door, big, stony and no knob. He shrugged, and pushed.

It was hard to tell weather he had gone through the entrance or not, but when he looked about he noticed it was night, and he was in some rubbled court yard.

The place is desserted.

Before Kateo could confirm his assumption he heard laughter and music in the ruined hall. This place was a ruin, but apparently some people were still here. So he headed in that direction, hoping to find some answers.

---------

Cyrus:

The knight heard a loud voice from somewhere at the edge of the forest. Pulling out his sword he carried on in that direction, coming to meet the origin. When he neared he saw a man, odd looking and obviously not from around here.

"State your name and business," The knight said sharply with his sword ready.

Carlisle:

Paul was confused as he looked on in the distance of the sand. There was a man walking in it, and he wasn't taking caution? It befuddled Paul, but he knew he had to go to this man and help him out. He was going to get himself killed walking around like that. Paul neared with caution on the sand, being very careful not to walk too hard. When he was within ear-shot he called out.

"Hey! Wait there!"

And then without further delay Paul came over slowly and carefully, hoping not to alarm the man and also hoping to save his life. When he was with the man finally he stopped to listen. Nothing.

"I am Paul Atreides, what are you doing out here?"

Kirinen:

The majestic elf was pacing the great hall, pondering the recent happenings. Suddenly he heard something, like a door closing. Knowing of no doors too close to him he decided to investigate, and upon his search he discovered an elf woman standing by a reflective wall.

"Excuse me, but may I inquire what you are doing here?" Ellrond asked.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus heard hoofbeats and turned to see a knight up to him. He had drawn his sword and then asked Cyrus to state his name and business.

"Um...okay. My name is Cyrus. Cyrus Larkson, and no, not the son of Lark before you ask. Where I'm from it's just a last name."

Cyrus took a deep breath and then began to explain what had happened to him.

"I'm not from here. Where I'm from, you and everyone else in this world, and this world itself are all part of a legend known as "The Sword in the Stone". It's book of the tale of King Arthur and his becoming a noble. I was brought here by some sort of magic that I don't understand myself and to be honest, I was hoping someone here could help me figure it out."

Cyrus caught his breath and looked at the knight's faceless helm.

Kirinen looked over at the speaker, still taken aback by the sudden shift from reality to Middle Earth, and just stared for a moment at the man. He was clearly an elf, one of the more minor characters, but she was at a loss for his name. "Ah, I... My name is Kirinen Aberita. I am not from Rivendell, or even Middle Earth at large, and..." She drifted off, uncertain as to how she could explain this situation, one she didn't understand herself.

((I did my best...))

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
Lord Carlisle heard a voice shouting. He glanced up, squinting, and saw the figure of a man approaching him. Seeing another human in this barren land seemed strange enough; but this man was tip-toeing across the sand at a snail's pace. Something's wrong here, Lord Carlisle thought. He walks as if he's trying to avoid waking something...

The man eventually reached Lord Carlisle. "I am Paul Atreides," he said. "What are you doing out here?"

Lord Carlisle pondered the question. "I've absolutely no idea as to what I'm doing out here. I'm not even certain where I am."

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Cyrus:

The knight was baffled. Suddenly he thought about what Cyrus was, and became a little angry.

"Did Merlin send you magician? Surely you are a Wizard if you just appeared here."

Kirinen:

Ellrond was confused. Not from Middle Earth? Then the elf girl trailed off, and she looked somewhat nervous. To ease her uneasyness Ellrond came ove rand put a hand on her shoulder.

"You need rest dear one, then you may tell me of your travels when you are ready."

Ellrond gave her a smile, then lead her to a room where she could lay on a soft bed.

Carlisle:

"How could you not know where you are?" Paul asked very confused. Everyone knew this place. "This is the planet Arrakis, and you are in very dangerous territory."

Suddenly as Paul was speaking there was a rumbling in the ground, and his face went white.

"We must go!" He said grabbing Lord Carlisle's arm and running from the area.

---------

Harley:

"So I have to find an Aslan?" Harley asked the little girl to make conversation.

"No, you have find Aslan, not a Aslan," She replied correcting Harley. "By the way I'm Lucy, Lucy Pevensie."

"I'm Harley Windell."

"Nice to meet you, I think I'll like you a lot."

Yeah, I think you'll be a little annoying.

Harley didn't mind the walk through the snow, and apparently neither did Lucy, but she couldn't tell if they were getting anywhere, everything looked the same. Soon her uneasyness was settled and they reached the edge of a clearing where they saw a lump of sticks in the shape of possibly a house. Harley was about to keep going when Lucy knocked on what seemed to be a door to the house.

"This is the beaver's house, we should go in." She said simply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom