• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Thoughts On Zelda 2

Last year or so I've bought the GameCube Zelda collectors edition, which has Zelda 2, The Adventure Of Link on it. I knew before hand that it was more RPG like then the other Zelda games, but once I started playing it, I thought it was really hard. For a day or two I couldn't get past the first boss. But then I started getting the hang of it and was getting good practice, then it became easier. But I got stuck once again during the Death Mountain part. I died so many times. Once I finally beat that part I jumped up and yelled. I was then slowly making my way through most of the game. I got stuck at the 6th palace, and just stopped playing. I haven't even begin to play it again (keep on forgetting about it mostly). But overall I think it's still a good Zelda game. It's one of the hardest, if not the hardest Zelda game ever made. I thought the leveling up system was really good for the game, and actually helped a lot, just by leveling stuff up. I was also very fond of the spells. The life spell saved me tons of times. The spells were a good addition to the game, I thought. Do you guys like Zelda 2? Did you find it as hard or not?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
It's an interesting and fun game, or rather it would be if it weren't so hard! Try and try and death and death. Let's also not forget you can make the game unwinnable by leaving a dungeon before getting the item inside. It's just way too hard. I leave this game as the worst game in the franchise that I could actually bare to play; that's still not worst ever (i wanna bomb some Dodongos!) If it was just easier I could love it, but no its ridiculously hard

Big Octo

=^)
I love this game to death. I used to be one of those folks that relentlessly hated on it for its difficulty. But I've gone past that. It's a really fun experience that the difficulty adds to. To me, it hasn't really been a game of rage quit difficulty, but rather, a game thats difficulty makes me want to try harder and harder to achieve my goal. When compared to other NES games, it isn't even that hard. The gameplay additions are quite fun, particularly the spells. I also welcomed the RPG elements, as I liked getting stronger and stronger with each foe I slew. The addition of towns was nice, and certainly an improvement over the unpopulated Hyrule seen in the first game. Finally, it added lasting contributions to the series, such as the magic meter. All things considered, I think it's a mighty fine game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I love this game to death. I used to be one of those folks that relentlessly hated on it for its difficulty. But I've gone past that. It's a really fun experience that the difficulty adds to. To me, it hasn't really been a game of rage quit difficulty, but rather, a game thats difficulty makes me want to try harder and harder to achieve my goal. When compared to other NES games, it isn't even that hard. The gameplay additions are quite fun, particularly the spells. I also welcomed the RPG elements, as I liked getting stronger and stronger with each foe I slew. The addition of towns was nice, and certainly an improvement over the unpopulated Hyrule seen in the first game. Finally, it added lasting contributions to the series, such as the magic meter. All things considered, I think it's a mighty fine game.
I really can't say much besides "this."

Erm...it's a great game. And this.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I downloaded it on the Wii Virtual Console...I never beat it, it just wasn't fun and truthfully above my skill level. However, I still respect it for what it is, and don't hate it for that.

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
I love it. I'll defend it to the grave. I see why some people would not like it, since it differs so greatly from every other Zelda game (although no one here so far has listed that as a complaint). But in my opinion, there's no denying that Zelda II is still a great game. This game holds a special place in my heart that will never be taken away.

I'll never forget a couple of years ago, I finally defeated Dark Link without using the corner trick (with assistance from Mases via the walk-through), I don't think I've ever felt so joyful fulfilled to beat a game. When you fight him the intended way, it's the best boss fight in all of Zelda, in my opinion. Possibly also the most difficult.

The combat, is awesome. Firstly, there's no doubt that there are annoying aspects to this, mainly getting knocked back into a pit by a flying enemy (Medusa heads, Moas, Bagu-bagus, bubbles, Octorok rocks, I'm looking at you). To be honest, that is the cause of most of my deaths in the game nowadays. However, some of the enemies are just awesome. Red Daria for example. It is completely possible and realistic to defeat one of those guys without getting hit. Vice-versa, it's just as realistic that you will get eaten alive, depending on your skill. Blue Ironknuckles as well, which in my opinion, is the best designed enemy in the game. They used to be rip me apart, but now I can get through them without losing to much life usually. For me, since the game is so combat focused, I have become somewhat obsessed with finding ways to take less and less damage.

Also, I don't buy into the "it's ridiculously hard" philosophy. Is it hard? You betcha. But to me, LoZ is just as difficult, if not more. I'm sure that partly due to the fact that I play AoL way more often, though. For those who struggle early on in the game, I suggest you spend time leveling up before you tackle the first dungeon. If you can get your attack to 3 by the time you head to Parapa Palace, you should be fine. The strong enemy types in the forest around the North Castle will contain Moblins, which will give you 10 exp. points, a good way to level up somewhat quickly.

So yeah, don't take my Zelda II away from me :)

It sucks and I don't like it.

Well, that is certainly one persuasive argument you have there......

Last edited:

balloonofwar4

The Mystical Man-Fairy
I love it. It makes me SICK WITH ANGER(if yanno what i mean) when people whine about how Zelda is so easy, and all of Zelda has been for casual gamers, ect and turn around and talk trash about how impossible this game is.

It sucks and I don't like it.

*Sigh* No offense, but these forums need a Dislike button.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I actually kinda like it! It is something different and challenging, which is what I love. It is probably the most difficult Zelda game I've played, right up there with the original. But if there is one thing I absolutely adore about this game, as well as the original LoZ is the sense of adventure.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I like AoL, but as a concept. I enjoyed what it tried to do for the series, I just believe it was a failure. The levels were unfairly hard, the puzzles gave you little clues to help you solve them, and Dark Link is just ridiculously programmed. Still, I bare no hatred for this game and actually smile whenever its name is brought up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom