• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

This or PH?

As much as I loved ST, I would recommend PH first. One, its the prequel to ST. I also found PH easier to control. I'm always finding myself rolling into enemies instead of jump attacking them in ST.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
yeah, i think ST is harder but you gotta play PH first, it makes so much more sense and its more funny!

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I hated how you would have to repeat the TOtOK floors. I loved ST and but just hated how the train could be too slow. First play PH so it'll get you prepared for PH so ST would make more sense :).

T

TMMay

Probably PH because I thought the story line was better. Also it is the prequel for ST. I also found PH more amusing and fun.

Hazel

A Frog
Me, as Kokiri 9 above. The train was slow and boring, and the controls were better in PH. But both were nice. I would recommend to play the first one first, though. There's plenty of references to PH in ST, like Linebeck III. He is only funny if we have played PH.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
I liked Spirit Tracks better. It's much easier to play (DARN YOU TEMPLE OF THE OCEAN KING) and besides, who doesn't love trains and adorible Spirit Zelda? :x Phantom Hourglass was painful (-points above-) and Linebeck, though hilarious, got on my nerves. Plus the Navi-incarnation, Ciela.

... so yes, I'd say Spirit Tracks. Much funner, and a lot more interesting~

M

~Midna~

I personally liked ST better but I liked them both so don't get me wrong I would recommend playing them both just because they are part of the same story line and they are both amazing. You don't HAVE to play PH first but of course it just works out better that way I promise it will flow way better. :)

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
For the most part ST, it's harder, better items, better looking and harder boss battles and the Sprit tower was far less anoying than the temple of the ocean king.

But one major area that PH is miles better is with the overworld. It make perfect sence for Link to travel across the sea in a boat, but it doesn't really make sense for Link to have to travel across land on a train. The wrapping in PH is much better, in ST you can only go from one fixed piont to another fixed piont.

I don't really care about the story, it's a video game not a film. The only Zelda game to date that has had me really engaged in the story is TP.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
100% agreed with the above post. PH overworld was much more enjoyable. I hate the long rides with the train and yes sometimes an enemy shows up but that happens ocassionally. Play PH more. Then you understand the phantoms etc better. In general the level of difficulty in the ST is more difficult than PH but not too difficult at all and it takes a bit longer for it to end. But still play PH first.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
ST had a better gameplay and better puzzles than PH. It was nearly better than PH, the only thing I find a bit odd is the events, Nothing happened until near the end of the game, when Byrne appears and starts to attack.

PH had a better storyline, but was easy to guess and beat. It's far the easiest Zelda game to date in my opinion. The puzzles were obvious, the tactics the same and the gameplay like before, except you use a stylus, that was a nice start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom