• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Were Just Horrible Ideas in the Zelda Series

My list is in no particular order:

1. The Chess pieces in LA that you were supposed to throw and stuff. WORST. PUZZLE. EVER. It was just so stupid, i didnt get it. Can someone explain them?

2. Not continuing the use of Magic Containers. I liked these more than just upgrades, i would like to see these in SS.

Ill add more, but i want to know what you think.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
AoL - Monsters not giving life hearts or fairies when you defeat them. Maybe could've done a small heart +1 health bar, large heart +2 health bars. I think that would've reduced the frustration level so many players had when trying to play AoL.

The howling songs part on Twilight Princess, it was fairly good concept overall, until you had to listen to both Wolf Link and the Hero's Shade houl the tune together. That little cutscene is something that I have always hated in Twilight Princess. You can't skip it, and it absolutely slaughters the classic songs that sounded great on Ocarina of Time.

Austin

Austin
The howling songs part on Twilight Princess, it was fairly good concept overall, until you had to listen to both Wolf Link and the Hero's Shade houl the tune together. That little cutscene is something that I have always hated in Twilight Princess. You can't skip it, and it absolutely slaughters the classic songs that sounded great on Ocarina of Time.
I agree. Additionally, I found the wolf concept overall rather boring. There was potential in it, but they wasted it by mostly implementing it during the most boring parts of the game. Not to mention that having talking to Midna every time you wanted to transform was extremely annoying to me, and kind of took me out of the experience a bit. Wasn't there a free button that could have been used?

I agree. Additionally, I found the wolf concept overall rather boring. There was potential in it, but they wasted it by mostly implementing it during the most boring parts of the game. Not to mention that having talking to Midna every time you wanted to transform was extremely annoying to me, and kind of took me out of the experience a bit. Wasn't there a free button that could have been used?

Along with what Durion mentioned, I agree with this. There were many times when I just wanted to quickly transform into a wolf to do some (use the Senses or whatever), and sometimes it felt like it took longer to actually talk to Midna, transform, go through the transformation etc., then to actually do whatever I needed to do in that form. Overall, I didn't like the notion of playing as a wolf, but I wouldn't say it was an awful idea, necessarily.
-------------

Centralised Dungeons.

Having a very annoying limit on rupees. Etc, 500 to 1000 rupee limit. Having nothing good to spend your rupees on.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
1. The City in the Sky in TP (just my opinion)
2. The ship parts in PH
3. Having to put rupees back into chests.

There might be a few more things i didn't like about the series but I'd rather not think about it too much. It hurts enough as it is.... ugh..

Lol. I have an idea. How about we take this ONE LITTLE GREEN RUPEE out of my wallet, and replace it with an orange on OF THE SAME SIZE.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
What Link-182 said! STUPID RUPEE LIMITS! WHY CAN'T I HAVE 1,000,000 RUPEES?!

People who have made video games or do programming understand. You're only given a certain amount of memory in anything that involves a computer. You want to be as efficient as you can. If you create an over storage space for something like rupees, the game could freeze or have other complications. You also leave less memory for other features when you do this. Even in MM, you couldn't have unlimited rupees. The designers have to set a bar on what they believe is the most efficient numbers for rupee collection. Personally I thought 1000 was perfect. You could pretty much spend as much as you want without really worrying about running out. Also, it wasn't difficult to fill your wallet back up once you did run out. I mean seriously, what are you gonna spend that much money on other than the golden armor? Especially once you open Malo Mart in Castle Town. Everything is ridiculously cheap there.

Last edited:
Another horrible idea:

The ending to the Armogohma battle!

UGH

I know this topic sounds mostly negative, but Zelda isnt perfect, we focus on the bad things here, even though we still love the series.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
1.) Having no option to skip the ridiculously long cutscenes in the older Zeldas. That annoyed me to death after I've already beaten the game and wanted to play it again. It takes FOREVER.
2.) Having a steamboat.
3.) Having a steam-train.
4.) FLOODING HYRULE. Hyrule is just so... so beautiful and magical and everything... And then the Hero didn't come one day and the Goddesses were forced to drown their creations. D: I can't stand trying to comprehend the fact that Hyrule Field, Hyrule Castle, and all of those other places are just GONE one day... I would play games like Ocarina of Time and look up at the sky... Thinking... One day... That is where people will live... And this is where fish will live. RARGH. >_<
5.) Having a limit on Rupees. (I agree with the people here!)
6.) Taking the Magic Meter out of the recent games. Seriously, what's up with that?! But in reality, though, it's not really the Meter I miss--it's the actual magic. The Meter limits your magic somewhat, but at least we had it. These days, with games like Twilight Princess, there's barely a hint of magic that Link can harness. D: I'd rather they bring back the full-power magic without the Magic Meter, since you always have to refill it somehow.
7.) Making bosses bigger but not badder. (TP, mostly. XD)

All I can think of for now. :3

(I don't really have a problem with the boat and the train--I just think that Zelda would be better off without them. It kind of ruins the Zelda-magic feel, in my opinion. :3)

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Why? I liked that.

I wouldn't use 'horrible' to describe anything from Zelda but I didn't like bosses from Twilight Princess because they're way too easy.

Yea, I kinda liked the concept to. It would be hard on people trying to do 100%, and they're not able to open every chest because of money. But I liked it because in other games, when I only have space for 10 more rupees, and I get a 200 Rupee, I'm like ARGH! so much wasted money!...though I don't even spend a lot of money in zelda. yup, it represents me, a cheapskate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom