• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
The hospital-debacle going on in my old hometown. It's always been a heated conflict between it and the neighbouring town whenever someone up high decided only one of the two towns should have something. This time it's the hospital's turn. First they took away trauma and maternity (not without a serious fight), now it's the rest of the hospital. Even though it won't affect me personally, it feels really personal. Christmas is going to be pretty interesting, especially if we go visit my relatives in the other town. I really hope both sides can manage not to let the conflict between the towns seep into the family.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Wow via text message? That's odd, lol. We had to go into college to get ours.

Yeah, the school doesn't mark the exams. The NSW board of studies does that and sends through the marks to students via text (you can access them online too). They tell your school what your exam marks were but they don't tell anyone else (including your school) what ATAR you get.

My exam marks came back and they seem to be sufficient. I got the highest Band (6) for Information Processes and Technology with 90%, the 2nd Band 6 at my school in the past three years. Then I have Band 5 in Japanese (88%), Business (87%) and Software Design and Development (81%), followed by Band 4 in English (74%) and Adv. Mathematics (71%) (I was sure that I was going to get under 50% for the Mathematics, so I did very well compared to what I expected there). When plugging the results into a few ATAR calculators on the internet (which aren't entirely accurate) I get between 80-85, which is over what I need so hopefully they are close to how it will be.

Tomorrow I'll know the ATAR, the number that really matters. If it is above what I need even by a little then I don't care about any of the marks or how high the ATAR is. Since I have a early offer for my first preference degree at my first preference university with the only condition being based on the ATAR, I'll know if I'm in as soon as I get it tomorrow. Most other students (and me if I don't get what I need...) will have to wait until late January to find out if they are accepted into University.

Wow via text message? That's odd, lol. We had to go into college to get ours.

Yeah, the school doesn't mark the exams. The NSW board of studies does that and sends through the marks to students via text (you can access them online too). They tell your school what your exam marks were but they don't tell anyone else (including your school) what ATAR you get.

My exam marks came back and they seem to be sufficient. I got the highest Band (6) for Information Processes and Technology with 90%, the 2nd Band 6 at my school in the past three years. Then I have Band 5 in Japanese (88%), Business (87%) and Software Design and Development (81%), followed by Band 4 in English (74%) and Adv. Mathematics (71%) (I was sure that I was going to get under 50% for the Mathematics, so I did very well compared to what I expected there). When plugging the results into a few ATAR calculators on the internet (which aren't entirely accurate) I get between 80-85, which is over what I need so hopefully they are close to how it will be.

Tomorrow I'll know the ATAR, the number that really matters. If it is above what I need even by a little then I don't care about any of the marks or how high the ATAR is. Since I have a early offer for my first preference degree at my first preference university with the only condition being based on the ATAR, I'll know if I'm in as soon as I get it tomorrow. Most other students (and me if I don't get what I need...) will have to wait until late January to find out if they are accepted into University.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
de5a278338.jpg

hi there lets be frens

onebizarrekai

gay energy
so I'm singing a certain song right now for my voice lessons from my dad and I need to make up cadenzas in certain parts of it, and my dad keeps telling me to write them down and practice them, and I'm not because I can't decide what to sing and I suck at writing music.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I sometimes regret picking Computer Science as my major. ****'s hard.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I got a new usefd laptop yesterday! Unfortunately, IT RUNS ON WINDOWS VISTA. WHICH ****S BALLS.

Also, I got a chance to delay my college education another semester, so woot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom