• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
hi kitsu :) will you notice me, senpai?

KITSU-SAMA WILL YOU MARRY ME

e9ddf870ff.jpg

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I'm going to a funeral later today. Part of me feel's like it's a waste of time because the drive to-and-fro totals at about four hours and I don't even know the name of the guy that died. At the same time, I feel like what I just said was disrespectful, but I never understood why someone has to read out of the Bible about what happens after someone dies for hours and hours. I would rather put flowers on a grave, say a few words, and leave it at that.

Well, at least there's food afterwards.

Fig

The Altruist
Very excited that the Pokemon World Championships have already began. Players from across the world have so many unique Pokemon teams, strategy and overall are having a lot of fun playing Pokemon! This just makes me hype for next year's VGC! It's my goal to at least advance to Nationals and hopefully I could be a participate for Worlds. Really can't for OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire to be released so I can start plotting my teams for next year's VGC!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm going to a funeral later today. Part of me feel's like it's a waste of time because the drive to-and-fro totals at about four hours and I don't even know the name of the guy that died. At the same time, I feel like what I just said was disrespectful, but I never understood why someone has to read out of the Bible about what happens after someone dies for hours and hours. I would rather put flowers on a grave, say a few words, and leave it at that.

Well, at least there's food afterwards.

I totally agree. Yes, it's terrible that the guy died and great that people want to honour his/her memory, but why does it have to be such a huge ceremony? I'd be perfectly content, even if it was someone I was extremely close to, to just have a silent gathering around their grave or something. In fact, if it was somebody I was really close to, I'd rather have a more personal ceremony than have people I've never even met standing on a stage and talking about them. I'd much rather sit around a grave and honour their memory by myself, or with a small group of people, than have a huge gathering with a bunch of people, a lot of whom probably don't even really care (I know that sounds bad, but there are a lot of people like that at funerals).

idk, I've just never been a huge fan of funerals. They don't impact me nearly as much as small, private gatherings around their grave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom