• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

It annoys me a little me when people cite Neil Peart as the greatest drummer of all time. He's good at what he does, but he's ultimately kind of insignificant.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It annoys me a little me when people cite Neil Peart as the greatest drummer of all time. He's good at what he does, but he's ultimately kind of insignificant.

I have to agree with you. Rush may be my favourite band of all time, and Neil Peart my favourite drummer, but he's by no means the best. He is an amazing drummer, and one of the best, but there are better drummers out there. Especially when they say "all time", there were some really amazing drummers during the jazz era, notably Buddy Rich, who is a far better drummer than Peart.

What annoys me even more though is when people cite John Bonham as the best drummer ever. Sure he's got the groove, but he lacks technical skills for the most part.

People are incredibly easy to read. This is something I've noticed since I was a kid, and I feel my knack for reading others is growing ever stronger by the second. There's a major drawback to this "gift," however, as I tend to feel like I "know" a person without ever having a chance to actually get to "know" them, you know? It's as though I've gotten them all figured out at first glance. I've been thinking that this might have something to do with my ever imposing social detachment issues. I don't know... I feel as if my subconcious mind ignores those "open books"—like it's searching for the right person, a person who's not so easy to read. It wants a challenge.

Lay off the 'shrooms, Wolf...

Clank

Hmm
Unless the Calc 2 class gets a total of 5 students signed up(there are three right now) it won't make this spring and I won't be able to take Calc 2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom