• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Daku Rinku

Defender of the Gerudo
ZD Champion
Thinking about how nothing lasts.. not even blood can keep people together. We watch and play these stories with happily ever after endings and people promising at altars to stay together forever.. and inevitably separation comes.

Makes one wonder why bother at all…

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Today marks 6 years since Jamie died. Wish I could say this day gets easier every year but it really doesn't.
This is always a hard time of the year for me because I really loved and respected him but never got really close with him and that’s one of my biggest regrets in life. I wish I got to know him more.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
And about to move again. Closet to work. The appartment is great though. We don't have to do anything. Everything is already there. We basically can place the furniture and all our stuff directly. But man....I really wish for Mr Vee to stop moving all the ****ing time! This is the 5th time in 5 years!

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
And about to move again. Closet to work. The appartment is great though. We don't have to do anything. Everything is already there. We basically can place the furniture and all our stuff directly. But man....I really wish for Mr Vee to stop moving all the ****ing time! This is the 5th time in 5 years!
how does Yuga take it???

Daku Rinku

Defender of the Gerudo
ZD Champion
I know the feeling, have moved seven times in seven years.. ugh..
54e7a913-934b-4c59-a34c-a9dea1261c1b_text.gif

Daku Rinku

Defender of the Gerudo
ZD Champion
Been thinking about how I have extreme language fatigue: everything is the end of the world, the storm of the century, and the threat to civilization (on all sides). The alarming words no longer have any meaning anymore because the reports have to up to anty with every report and inflate how bad everything is to go viral and get clicks…

The result is you tune out. You no longer listen to the “boy who cries wolf,” and so when the wolf does finally arrive, no one listens..

This is not a problem in one area, I see hyperbolic rhetoric being used everywhere in so much that you feel like ignoring it like the unshaven guy with his cardboard sign that reads “The end is neigh,”

Sigh. We do need people to raise the alarm about things, but if you sound the sirans over and over on every issue, and situation.. it becomes like The Fire Department that keeps going to a false alarm, eventually they stop coming (I have seen this in real life at an apartment I lived in, not just a metaphor).

I worry we are so inudated with hyperbolic rhetoric, the warning words no longer have any power anymore.. and when they cry shark in the water we will just keep swimming rather than head for the beach…

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom