• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yesterday was the 30th Anniversary of Jurassic Park and it made me really melancholy. I think it made me face how much time had passed since my childhood and that I am a different person than back then. Sorry, don’t mean to make this post sad, I know there is a thread for that. It is more that I felt reflective on the life I have lived thusfar.
30 years already??? I remember my sister pocked me up from home and took me to the cinema to watch it. Good old times :D

And no need to apologize;) You're doing nothing wrong :)

What's on my mind at the moment?

Lyrics for the Zora's Serenade of Water:

"Hearing your soft stream
Floating in a dream
Water around me
River, lake and sea

Oh Queen of Water
Great Zora's daughter
Hearing your whispers from the deep

A song we both know
Last played ages ago
It's within, in your voice
A calming, sweet noise

You're calling for me
Where will you take me?
I just follow your voice, I'll see..."

A cousin of mine sent me a link to a cute Sidlink fanfic on AO3 ("Even heroes can catch a cold" by a pseudonym/pen name TheBuggu). It's a fanfic where Prince Sidon nurse a sick Link back to health after the Hylian caught a cold, Link is stuck in bed for a few days while he recovers and Sidon brings him Zora history books so he can share the history of his people with Link and keep him entertained. He tells Link that his parents sang this beautiful royal lullaby song to him when he was a child and couldn't sleep because he had a nightmare, Sidon sing the song for Link who fall asleep and get the rest he needs to heal. TheBuggu, the author of the fanfic, was inspired by this video that she found on Youtube with the lyrics for the Serenade of Water written by game4ce.

Now I'm haunted by this beautiful song and I can't stop thinking about it...

Also, I remember a couple years ago I came across those videos with lyrics for a Spirit Tracks melody (lyrics in the video descriptions):

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
(This is about Jamie btw)

This has been on my mind for the last few days because I saw some people post about it recently (people I know on ZD that I have on Facebook)

It honestly still doesn’t feel real that he’s gone. I wasn’t particularly close to him and I wish I was closer to him. ZD and the groups I’m in from ZD just feel like they are missing something without him there. I honestly still haven’t been able to process it. I just wish I could give anything to talk to him one last time.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I was on Reddit just randomly browsing and out of nowhere I keep on seeing this one recruitment ad for the Navy. Usually I do not pay attention to any of the ads on reddit (Since they are all just random nonsense.) Although this one featured a pulsating bunch of bananas and pulsating camo in the background. I thought to myself wether I was looking at a recruitment ad for the Navy or a recruitment ad for The Yiga Clan.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Today was wild from start to finish. Woke up to discover our power was out so I couldn't do my hair this morning, which threw off my routine so bad I almost forgot my lunch and my water bottle, and I Did forget my playing cards that I let my students use. Then my kiddo came to a different entrance than the one I was waiting at so we were flipping out wondering where the heck he was for like 10 minutes, only to find out he was on a different floor with a different teacher, somehow??? No idea how THAT happened. And on top of that the busses were a hot mess and were 45 minutes late both in the morning and the afternoon, some just flat out not even visiting all the bus stops so I stayed late with my kids until their busses finally came. Absolutely wild. I am Tired. First day of summer school always has to be nuts.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Second day in a row of Wild **** happening in my world. Apparently, not long after I'd left for work, a tree fell in our back yard. It came up just short of our house, but the branches fell close enough to shatter the glass on our back door and smush our bar table and grill. Amazingly, other than some bent gutters there was no exterior damage other than that. But man. We got extremely lucky the propane tank on the grill wasn't hit when it got damaged. I could have very possibly come home to discover half the house gone, along with my mother and grandmother who were inside at the time...

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Tonight I caught up with some friends at my old uni for an event to discuss the impacts of AI on society over some drinks. It was a super interesting discussion and being able to hear opinions from people in different fields really kept the discussion flowing nicely.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Gearing up for my first trip outside of the States after the pandemic. Headed to Toronto. It also has been ages since I last was in Canada.

My work hours for the next semester suck. I tried talking to the boss about it but I feel Im being ignored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom