• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Fierce Deity Link

Knight of the Falling Moon
I have both good news and bad news to report.

the good news- there was a frog chillin’ on the glass of my slider door

the bad news- when trying to take a photo, I mistook a shadow in my backyard for slenderman and almost went into cardiac arrest

so, ya know. ups and downs. gives and takes.

Woah.. I try not to say his name even lest he appear. Be safe.

Last edited:

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
no

i mean yheres something wrong with the way i think
What do you mean? Because honestly narrowing that down can be a daunting task, and sometimes, may be indicative of a deeper issue. I'd definitely see someone about it and have them help you through it.

I feel getting help and taking charge of whatever the disorder is is really the only way to manage these mental conditions, and depending on what one has and the individual, that treatment is going to work better for some and not so much with others.

Sometimes I wish I was a therapist, because I love helping people, and have enormous empathy, but I feel offering advice may help or make things worse, and I don't ever want to make things worse for people.

I wish you the best Frax!!

idk i think im the only person who isnt able to cope with what other people do and say online

im slowly losing my mind by the way people act like wildlife exists to entertain them

no one else seems to have a problemw tih it so ig im an asshole and i wish i could surrender the **** i care about so i could stop stressing about this ****

idk i think im the only person who isnt able to cope with what other people do and say online

im slowly losing my mind by the way people act like wildlife exists to entertain them

no one else seems to have a problemw tih it so ig im an asshole and i wish i could surrender the **** i care about so i could stop stressing about this ****
Your feelings and reactions on the matter are valid. The big problem with interacting online is that you get gaslighted into thinking that minority voices are majority voices. It's an illusion that is unfortunately very easy to fall victim to. Even though I'm nearing 34, I still find myself sometimes even losing sleep over some ass-backwards takes I'd seen a few people express. You have to learn how to take a step back and remind yourself that it's not actually representative of reality nor the great majority of people in the world.

We also like to internalize issues other people have and fool ourselves into thinking we're the problem. After all, these 5 people in a group chat think X is true even though I think X is false. Surely I must be the problem? You interact with people who think that wildlife doesn't deserve the same respect any living thing does? Guess what? They're the ones with the issues. They're the ones who are acting immature and selfish. Do not allow yourself to be gaslit into thinking you're the asshole. They're the assholes.

Never compromise on who you are and what you love. Sure we all need social skills to adapt ourselves to different situations, but it should never be to our own detriment. I'm sorry you're going through this, I know the feeling. Practice catching yourself being gaslighted by these situations. Practice reminding yourself that it's not representative of the world and practice reminding yourself that you deserve to take up as much space as anything else.

i appreciate it

the problem more is that this is other people's definition of reality. their perceptions of fiction has surpassed reality and it is actively harming living things. and i dont know how to deal with that. i know i cant do anything but they are absolutely selfish and its bsaically killing all of my desire to do what i want to do for a living because any research i do is only gonnab e looked at for some stupid teenager looking to make a ****ty oc

i appreciate it

the problem more is that this is other people's definition of reality. their perceptions of fiction has surpassed reality and it is actively harming living things. and i dont know how to deal with that. i know i cant do anything but they are absolutely selfish and its bsaically killing all of my desire to do what i want to do for a living because any research i do is only gonnab e looked at for some stupid teenager looking to make a ****ty oc
Things are a little vague here so it's difficult to offer good advice. Sorry if this is rambly and not at all relevant. However when it comes to losing the desire to pursue your passion, because of others, that's simply when you have to do it for yourself only. No matter what you choose to do for a living, there will be people who profit off of it in a displeasing way. What's important to remember is that there will also inevitably be other kinds of people who benefit greatly off of what you do. More importantly though, do it for you. If anything positive follows outside of that, consider it a bonus.

Not knowing how to deal with living things being harmed is definitely valid. There's no clear sure-fire answer to the issue either. In some ways, that's just how the world is. Ruthlessness, doing harm etc. is something that's always going to be part of life whether we like it or not. Even if humans never existed, nature itself contains plenty of terrible things too. I find that the only way to somewhat deal is what I said before: focus more on yourself and what makes you happy. Try living more in the moment. Sometimes it's better to appreciate all the good things that arose from a world that's often cruel, rather than the other way around.

I definitely get the feeling you need to vent more so than receive advice from people. I greatly recommend finding someone who's willing to just sit and listen.

Last edited:

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
i appreciate it

I know a group of people who think they are for real vampires and have loads of magic powers, and all that nonsense.

The break some people have with objective reality is definitely a thing, and it's no wonder so many therapy techniques require you to first ground yourself in reality, in the moment.

It is frustrating seeing harm being done to things and animals due to their ignorance, and trust me, I've seen animal abuse from one of my uncles (who I no longer talk to or have a relationship with), and my own cousin (who is increasingly becoming dead to me) unknowingly put his mother in a psych ward for urging her to get off medication to treat her bipolar disorder against her psychiatrist's and doctor's recommendations, undoing 18-21 years of progress, because he has a PhD in biology, and therefore that makes him an expert on all things psychology and medical science.

Ignorance can cause real harm, and for people like this, they'd rather accept their own delusions as fact, rather than reality as you or I see it, so it's understandable you feel this way.

Fierce Deity Link

Knight of the Falling Moon
i appreciate it

I would recommend focus on being the force that counteracts that. Be a guardian of living things, and champion them in face of those who’s reality is doing harm to living things.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom