• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Sometimes it feels like the universe just wants something to happen. I just get over being sick, but then I go and mess up shaving, so now I have to go from full beard/mustache to just sideburns. I haven't gone with just sideburns in years. My face feels weird.
:rshrug:

I just got a letter from my ISP that I've been waiting years for. They are FINALLY going to replace the lines in my area, which have been glitchy and always overload in the summer. And they'll be doing the repairs BEFORE the glitchy period of the summer usually kicks in. Usually my internet would cut out from anywhere from 2 minutes to five hours at least four times a week for most of the summer every summer because something combined with the heat and activity overloads them. And what's better, it's not just a simple repair! It's an upgrade as well which is part of their project to launch gigabit internet as part of their basic service. They claim that the internet speeds will be 35 times the national average. Well... just that much is not actually more than a gigabit. It's actually 440 Mb/s, which is still amazing. I'm guessing they're using the peak national average, which would make the new speed somewhere around 2 Gb/s. Since all ISPs, even mine, tend to lie and exaggerate the speed you're going to get, I'm going to guess it'll be somewhere between 400 and 800 Mb/s. Not gigabit, but way faster than what most of the country gets. And this is going to be just their baseline service, cheapest package. This is a regional ISP, called Midco, in the Dakotas and Minnesota, and parts of Wisconsin. If you want awesome, fast, affordable internet with no data caps, come here.
This sounds like some sort of internet company advertisement that you would see on a youtube ad

I don't know why I go through periods of self hate. Like a few minutes ago.
Sometimes I wish there were a mirror where you can look and see your entire soul, the good and the bad, the parts that are working just fine and the parts that are dysfunctional. It would make it so much easier to fix what's broken.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Remember when you had to post to access the Shoutbox and so this thread got about a hundred replies a day?

The 90s were wild!

I remember when the previous version of the shop first came out, suddenly everyone was in the spammable threads like "what music were you last listening to" etc. It was a gold rush.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't say stuff like this often, but guys, please pray for the people in Fort McMurray, Alberta. There is a massive wildfire ravaging in the area and the entire city is threatened and is being evacuated. Many people have already lost their homes, including one of my friends, and a lot of people are unable to get out because of severe traffic congestion. I'm really scared because there are several people really close to me who live in the area and I don't want anything to happen to them. Please help me pray that everything's going to be alright, this is one of the worst natural disasters in recent Canadian history.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I don't say stuff like this often, but guys, please pray for the people in Fort McMurray, Alberta. There is a massive wildfire ravaging in the area and the entire city is threatened and is being evacuated. Many people have already lost their homes, including one of my friends, and a lot of people are unable to get out because of severe traffic congestion. I'm really scared because there are several people really close to me who live in the area and I don't want anything to happen to them. Please help me pray that everything's going to be alright, this is one of the worst natural disasters in recent Canadian history.
Sure I'll pray for those people, don't worry. Just keep having faith that everything will work out for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom