• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Things LG Doesn't Know About: Is This Mafia? Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Anyone with any alignment can be part of a neighbourhood. Just because you're neighbours it doesn't mean you can trust each other. I think the neighbours should absolutely say who they are, now that the existence of a neighbourhood is out there. Without another neighbour revealing themselves I will have a harder time trusting ExLight's claim.

Also, damn shame to lose Minish AND the Doctor role so soon.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Yeah, as soon as someone confirms they are in a neighborhood than we know Ex is cleared since Moe's flip confirmed he was Town. Of course, as has already been said, the person he added to the neigborhood isn't cleared, but I'm sure from talking he can get a feel on their alignment.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
How is ex cleared? As far as i know he only inherited the networking ability, and not the alignment of moe. Are mafia-aligned backups unheard of?

that said, I can confirm that i was added to a neighbourhood with ex last night.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I think it's more likely that a backup that inherits the first dead ability automatically would be town rather than scum, but it's not hard town pants.

I'd mostly like to discuss the Pendio role and whether we think we should lynch it today. I'm still in favor, personally.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'd like to read back on the day in light of the flips, especially minish's, but pendio is still a strong candidate in my mind. The lynch swung from him to a townie, and my reasons for suspecing him on D1 still stand.

Minish felt like an odd kill to me. She felt pretty low profile yesterday. (which i guess may have motivated the kill). Are there players in this meta who would be likely to feel specifically threatened by minish as a player?

Ragnarokio

i skimmed the day

Minish was paying a lot of attention to giri who was largely ignored by other players. That probably makes minish a decent kill if giri is mafia. Between that and giri's lack of meaningful activity on day 1 they're probably also a good lynch candidate.

Ragnarokio

Her being feared probably makes the case on giri stronger rather than weaker because a minish who was nosing around in the wrong direction would be an asset to mafia rather than a liability probably.

This meta has weird claiming culture but i feel like there wouldn't be a reason to soft doctor on day 1, so I'd be surprised if she did so, especially in a plausible enough way that it would be caught. I'd need to go back again and read more carefully though.

Ragnarokio

I'm going to go ahead and Vote: Giri for now. I think this is the right angle to pursue. Pendio's claim is scummy and I don't like his day 1 behaviour, but I feel like the case on Giri is stronger at this point and if nothing else I'd like to see them pressured into contributing more meaningfully today.

Pen

The game is on!
Are mafia-aligned backups unheard of?

I for one have never heard of a non-Town aligned Backup who inherits the powers of dead Townies, so while I don't trust ExLight 100%, I do trust him a great deal now given your reveal.

@Mido @Storm @Giri what are your thoughts on everything going on so far?

Like yesterday I'm still fine with a Giri lynch as things are right now and I agree with what Rag said about him too. I hope it could also get him to talk some more.

Vote: Giri

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
How is ex cleared? As far as i know he only inherited the networking ability, and not the alignment of moe. Are mafia-aligned backups unheard of?

that said, I can confirm that i was added to a neighbourhood with ex last night.
I've never heard of a Mafia Backup, and considering this game isn't bastard, I don't think we should assume the worst case scenario as the primary one.

Ragnarokio

certainly not assuming ex is scum.

If backups being town is the status quo in this meta then i'll take that as a strong town-tell on ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom