• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Things LG Doesn't Know About: Is This Mafia? Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
why are you tryina pick the cop targets and why on the closest thing we have to a townconf?

super sus suggestion

yea
Why do we need a concrete verification on ex more than on any other player?
Because Rag said himself (iirc, I'm not actually looking back) that there's no way to know if Universal Backup was a legit claim or if Ex is scum using it and playing off of the Neighborizer claim. I'm not 100% sold. However, I don't want a cop to investigate and outright claim after. It would be more prudent to stay silent unless you both were scum since that could, in theory, pin down 2 scum at most.

I don't think it means we need the verification on Ex more than anyone else, but I'm suggesting it to confirm a claim, not a player.

Are you ready to lynch anyone? If you have a stronger case i'm listening.

I'm a bit more in favor of Storm rn, if only for the lack of posts and the general lazy attitude I get. There's just nothing really from him. I'd like more.

I'm not saying no to Giri either, just that I feel like lynching Giri cause Morbid thought he was avoiding the discussion on D1, and then Morbid dying in N1, feels like a Murder Mystery trope. It just feels too obvious, like framing someone.

@Johnny Sooshi

Someone must have targeted me to make me unable to post memes because I did not have such a condition on Day 1.
Interesting. Is this the only stipulation?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
there's virtually nothing to be gained from confirming ex's role and its also incredibly unlikely he's lying to begin with since it would involve two scum coordinating to spin a lie that gains them nothing and potentially puts them at risk if they're somehow caught in it. The only situation i could see it making any sense in was if pendio flipped scum, but even then its a stretch for multiple reasons.

I've played in a lot of mafia games where the team has decided to kill a player who is suspicious of them. I'm not sure i've ever seen a mafia team decide to kill a player who is suspicious of someone else with the intention of "framing" them. A better alternative to why they killed minish is simply because they felt she was a strong town player and that it was better she was out of the way early, even if her day 1 guesses were off. We won't know until the end though, probably.

I think that kill analysis is probably worth more than just lynching a lurker at this stage personally, especially since this is apparently storm's meta so its probably NAI, but i can see why you'd direct your lynch that way.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
As of right now, I'm going to trust Ex's claim that he is now a neighborizer. Of course there's the potential that he's lying. But I don't follow the logic of softing to prevent Pen's lynch, when it'd be incredibly beneficial to let a role like his be lynched. If Pen is actually town, it was an easy lynch to let happen. If Pen isn't town, then the whole scum team would be exposed.

I don't love Johnny's suggestion that Ex is the N2 cop check, I am personally not a fan of telling power roles what to do. Especially when I think there's other players who would be more beneficial for a cop to look towards.

As of right now, I'm not opposed to a Giri lynch but it feels like that wagon is coming together too easily (though looking back, I think he only has 3 votes on him).

I personally would want to lynch from the Moe wagon today, I think. I'd be shocked if there weren't scum on that list. I would need to go back and see each of their reasonings for voting Moe before deciding who exactly I would want to lynch though and I'm too busy right now for that.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I don't think it means we need the verification on Ex more than anyone else, but I'm suggesting it to confirm a claim, not a player.
Sorry, but I don't see how it makes much sense. How would it confirm my role? And why would we rather know a role rather than a player's alignment?

And instead of wasting a cop check why aren't you considering less extreme possibilities like nameclaiming or even waiting to see if the supposed backup-neighborizer can recruit again?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
have no interest in seeing rag or ex lynched, currently.
@Pen @Spirit Mask Snowman
I've been really busy with school. But that's not a valid reason I guess.
Anyway I feel suspicious about Exlight claiming neighbourizer.
Also, @Ragnarokio why were you trying to fill the wagon so hastily on D1?
Pen, SMS, Exlight, Rubik ,Rag,
Johnny?
yea, No meaningful activity on D1. I was busy and I got free only yesterday. So I went through the game once and I found it odd that Rag was trying to fill up the wagon.

Vote:Rag

I won't be free tomorrow either. I really regret signing up with such a tight schedule Sorry
guys.
So this is my stand today.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
That's actually a little odd, yea.
Why is Pen not your top scumread anymore, Rag? You seemed pretty convinced he was scum yesterday.
Cuz what Pen did was absolutely town. He was at the verge of getting lynched yesterday. He even voted himself. what else do you want to read him?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
i've ever seen a mafia team decide to kill a player who is suspicious of someone else with the intention of "framing" them. A better alternative to why they killed minish is simply because they felt she was a strong town player and that it was better she was out of the way early, even if her day 1 guesses were off. We won't know until the end though, probably.
I Morbid was a good option for them since she is a strong player. But you aren't attributing it to that. Your logic was: Morbid found Giri lurking to be scummy, then died N1, therefore Giri is scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom